ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Maker's Mark to reduce alcohol content (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269903)

KCrockaholic 02-11-2013 09:16 PM

Don't buy the cabin fever maple whiskey. Its gross. Idk why but the damn clerk talked me into buying some the other day.

GloryDayz 02-11-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tits McGee (Post 9395175)
Jack Daniel's has dropped their proof twice in the last 9 years.
Also, the Fed taxes on proof. After 80 the numbers go through the roof.

Really, with BO in office, you'd think it's therapy....

Tits McGee 02-11-2013 10:07 PM

BO mentioned a while back his favorite whiskey was something from Asia.
Suntory perhaps.. The point is, whiskey producers are penalized to produce full flavor/ proof products in this country.

Frazod 02-11-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9394840)
JC, I don't drink it, but I'm mad as hell! I don't know why, but I'm mad as hell. ****ers!

LMAO

The funny thing is, I doubt if anybody will be able to tell the difference anyway.

Pablo 02-11-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9395066)
Buffalo Trace tastes better than Maker's to me.

Seconded.

Buns 02-11-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tits McGee (Post 9395563)
Suntory perhaps.. The point is, whiskey producers are penalized to produce full flavor/ proof products in this country.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_saLrADKqNM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Strongside 02-11-2013 10:33 PM

Chiefs use the same philosophy on ticket sales. Why not?

Tits McGee 02-11-2013 10:55 PM

I've been selling Maker's Mark for over 10 years.
I can tell you they have been wrestling with the limited supply issue for over 8 of those
Years. I've met Bill Samuels and I know for a fact Missouri gets more than a normal allow allocation because Missouri is a major Oak barrel producer for whiskey in general.
Since the beginning Makers had only ONE STILL. I can every still has its own personality.
I don't know the exact year, but within the last 5 they finally constructed the 2nd still to keep up with demand. In that process, they recreated the same dents and imperfections as the original still.
They have a staff on ten people to hand dip each bottle.
There are sever regions of the USA rejoicing this decision.

DJ's left nut 02-12-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tits McGee (Post 9395744)
I've been selling Maker's Mark for over 10 years.
I can tell you they have been wrestling with the limited supply issue for over 8 of those
Years. I've met Bill Samuels and I know for a fact Missouri gets more than a normal allow allocation because Missouri is a major Oak barrel producer for whiskey in general.
Since the beginning Makers had only ONE STILL. I can every still has its own personality.
I don't know the exact year, but within the last 5 they finally constructed the 2nd still to keep up with demand. In that process, they recreated the same dents and imperfections as the original still.
They have a staff on ten people to hand dip each bottle.
There are sever regions of the USA rejoicing this decision.

Man.

If only the people in those regions knew that this was actually Maker's kicking them in the dick and betraying their loyalty.

houstonwhodat 02-12-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tits McGee (Post 9395563)

BO's favorite whiskey is from wherever Al Queda is.

He's the only Muslim allowed to drink it.

Frazod 02-12-2013 01:01 AM

I had never heard of Suntory before. Japanese scotch? Sounds intriguing. Binny's carries 12 YO Hakushu.

Ming the Merciless 02-12-2013 02:36 AM

https://doubleclix.files.wordpress.c...lenlivet15.png

/thread

Marcellus 02-12-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9395902)
Man.

If only the people in those regions knew that this was actually Maker's kicking them in the dick and betraying their loyalty.

LMAO Hyperbole much?

Its not like they did it and didn't tell people in advance. JFC the overreaction to this is hilarious.

Molitoth 02-12-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9396018)

Bourbon vs Scotch Although I agree, I'd prefer some Glenlivit over Makers anyday.

BigMeatballDave 02-12-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9396101)
LMAO Hyperbole much?

Its not like they did it and didn't tell people in advance. JFC the overreaction to this is hilarious.

LOL yep