ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Mama Hip Rockets 04-16-2017 07:03 PM

Toronto, Cleveland, Texas, St. Louis, and San Francisco are all in last place. Baseball is weird.

tk13 04-16-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 12827089)
Toronto, Cleveland, Texas, St. Louis, and San Francisco are all in last place. Baseball is weird.

It's why making judgements in the first two months of the season is completely pointless.

There should basically be two goals right now... at least hang around .500 or better, and stay healthy. You achieve those two things and you'll be in the mix at the All-Star break.

tk13 04-16-2017 08:05 PM

Start taking your guesses now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Royals optioned Jake Junis to Omaha. The corresponding move is coming on Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/853736721200099329">April 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1 04-16-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12827163)
It's why making judgements in the first two months of the season is completely pointless.

There should basically be two goals right now... at least hang around .500 or better, and stay healthy. You achieve those two things and you'll be in the mix at the All-Star break.

That's always been my philosophy that you play .500+ ball until the ASB & then reevaluate where you're at.

SP has been incredible.
BP is very fixable as Soria looks 100% better & I still think Strahm will be alright.
I think Hosmer will start producing or the big payday he is expecting won't materialize.
Moose & Cain know they are in contract years & I expect them to continue to hit.
I think 2B & RF will get worked out. I'm a fan of Merrifield & hope Soler isn't garbage because he is going to play a lot.
Salvy & Esky will do Salvy & Esky things.
I'm unsure about Gordon & Moss.

Call me crazy but I still expect a 90-72 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siberian khatru 04-16-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12827176)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Royals optioned Jake Junis to Omaha. The corresponding move is coming on Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/853736721200099329">April 16, 2017</a></blockquote>

Is Strahm eligible for the recall? I think Soler still needs a rehab assignment at AAA.

tk13 04-16-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12827181)
Is Strahm eligible for the recall? I think Soler still needs a rehab assignment at AAA.

Strahm isn't eligible until Apr. 21.

Rustin also said Soler is about ready for the rehab assignment but I can't imagine that'll be Tuesday. I don't know if Omaha plays Monday or not.

Mama Hip Rockets 04-16-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12827176)

LOL. What was the point of calling him up?

BigCatDaddy 04-16-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12827178)
That's always been my philosophy that you play .500+ ball until the ASB & then reevaluate where you're at.

SP has been incredible.
BP is very fixable as Soria looks 100% better & I still think Strahm will be alright.
I think Hosmer will start producing or the big payday he is expecting won't materialize.
Moose & Cain know they are in contract years & I expect them to continue to hit.
I think 2B & RF will get worked out. I'm a fan of Merrifield & hope Soler isn't garbage because he is going to play a lot.
Salvy & Esky will do Salvy & Esky things.
I'm unsure about Gordon & Moss.

Call me crazy but I still expect a 90-72 season.

Is there any statisical analysis showing guys play better in contract years?

Sure-Oz 04-16-2017 09:02 PM

@JoshVernier610: Dayton Moore says they'll back Jorge Soler off a day or two, felt tightness following Saturday BP. Hoping rehab assignment later this week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chiefspants 04-17-2017 12:05 AM

We're two weeks into the season, Billy Butler is still out of the league and just sold his multi million dollar mansion. Is he still looking to get back into the game? The wire was all but silent on him over the offseason.

He's still owed 10 million on his A's contract (lol Beane), and I suppose that's a good jumpstart to retirement if he's going that way. He got spit-roasted by the national media and the KC front office after being punched out by Valencia last year, one can't think that was the easiest experience for him to go through.

tk13 04-17-2017 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12827413)
We're two weeks into the season, Billy Butler is still out of the league and just sold his multi million dollar mansion. Is he still looking to get back into the game? The wire was all but silent on him over the offseason.

He's still owed 10 million on his A's contract (lol Beane), and I suppose that's a good jumpstart to retirement if he's going that way. He got spit-roasted by the national media and the KC front office after being punched out by Valencia last year, one can't think that was the easiest experience for him to go through.

It's been a tough market for hitters. Guys like Moss and Chris Carter who are legit consistent 30 HR guys couldn't find jobs.

Pedro Alvarez had 20+ HRs and an OPS over .800 last year and he had to settle for a minor league contract.

Chiefspants 04-17-2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12827420)
It's been a tough market for hitters. Guys like Moss and Chris Carter who are legit consistent 30 HR guys couldn't find jobs.

Pedro Alvarez had 20+ HRs and an OPS over .800 last year and he had to settle for a minor league contract.

Whoa. I hadn't fully realized how wide spread the floating DH concept had become and its effect it was having on the market.

I'm sure Kendrys is ecstatic he signed the Blue Jays offer at the first possible opportunity.

-King- 04-17-2017 01:44 AM

You guys see the post game headline from a couple days ago on the angels sbnation site?

http://www.halosheaven.com/2017/4/15...mike-moustakas
Posted via Mobile Device

Why Not? 04-17-2017 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12827433)
You guys see the post game headline from a couple days ago on the angels sbnation site?

http://www.halosheaven.com/2017/4/15...mike-moustakas
Posted via Mobile Device

Good find on the article. I'm guessing stuff like this is written often when free agency looms for a locally raised player. Not sure how often it really happens. As some fans report in the comment section, the Angels have lots of bodies and $(thanks mostly to one of those bodies)tied up in corner infielders. I'd take Moose over any of their guys, but it would probably take them some work to make it happen. My guess is that Moose will be the guy the Royals try the hardest to obtain but we'll see. At the end of the day if he wants to go home and play, good for him. He certainly helped deliver all we could have ever asked of him.

duncan_idaho 04-17-2017 07:12 AM

Moustakas to the Angels would make a lot of sense if they can find the money and are willing to commit to another corner guy.

He'd be a hell of an upgrade for Jeffry Marte.

I think he's the guy KC would most like to keep, but if he hits 40 bombs this year, that prospect will get dicey.