ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet What annoys the hell out of you about CP? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268073)

lcarus 12-27-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9243603)
Parody threads. They almost always suck.

I tried it once I think. Never again.

go bo 12-27-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9243232)
I too hate this.

It has made draft season a bust on CP. I've taken my conversations about the Draft to other boards entirely.

I would apply this complaint to DC more broadly, since I've spent more time there. Fun place for discussion but so much of the forum is just a playground for people looking for an outrage to express at the drop of a hat.

That's a complaint I have of humanity in general, probably.

could you pm me a link?

go bo 12-27-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9243236)
What in the ****ing mother ****? I love your draft takes. So do the majority of people. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of Drft Planet loves your posts despite their personal views.

Post your ****ing draft shit already!!!! :)

this!!!!!! :#

ChiTown 12-27-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 9243720)
this!!!!!! :#

Yeah, I absolutely NEVER understood why the F draft talk had to be in a separate forum. That had to be one of the more reeruned things CP has EVER done

Easy 6 12-27-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9243606)
I don't have too many complaints, other than the occasional hypocrisy. Some members launch verbal assaults on other members and then tell the target(s) that they need to have thicker skin when they get upset. Some of those very people, though, completely melt down when their opinions/posts are scrutinized or come under criticism.

I'm not one for confrontation in life, or on a message board...but I do see it happen on here quite often. There have been a lot of new posters as of late with the SOC pulling a lot of attention (Something that, IMO, we should all welcome with open arms) but a lot of the regulars seem to be completely turning these people away by ignoring and degrading their opinions before they've even had a chance to get to know the lay of the land here at CP. I think that we need to collectively remember that we're all here for the same reason and that some people are better at conveying their thoughts and opinions than others are. We don't need to play grammar police or act like Rudolf Hess just because someone is a "n00b". Give these people a chance, and they may turn into solid contributors.

Other than that...LOVE CP!

Great post, but in fairness, the planet isnt NEARLY as overtly hostile as it used to be.

I think the overall quality of most conversations has went way up lately, i believe a lot of it has to do with the fact that everyone is getting older, maturing, and no longer feel like flaming people to death with the same fervor they used to.

"Beatdowns" still happen, but they dont last as long, people tire of it a lot faster these days.

DaFace 12-27-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9243724)
Yeah, I absolutely NEVER understood why the F draft talk had to be in a separate forum. That had to be one of the more reeruned things CP has EVER done

The odd thing is that Direckshun is the biggest proponent of it. I've tried to get rid of that damn forum for years.

Ebolapox 12-27-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9243367)
people who blow up on someone for their opinion; I mean, there's still a good way to debate, but blowing up with a ton of cussing etc. I mean, if you you think someone's opinion is lame etc, I think there are better ways to get it across.

...****ers.

:)

that's stupid. you're stupid :)

htismaqe 12-27-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9243724)

It was ultimately me that did it.

Why?

Because some of us hardcore draftniks got ****ing tired of our discussions getting buried in between poop and "I am leaving" threads.

kcfanXIII 12-27-2012 12:20 PM

the influx of new posters since the SOC movement seem to be mildly reeruned. i've noticed most with a 2012 join date, are the types that would have have paid the assclown for his "inside information."

Bugeater 12-27-2012 12:21 PM

I am annoyed by the fact that I have been here 7 years and I still have no idea what the **** "htismaqe" means.

aturnis 12-27-2012 12:23 PM

People bitching about about O's posting relevant twitter posts...

Dartgod 12-27-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9243784)
I am annoyed by the fact that I have been here 7 years and I still have no idea what the **** "htismaqe" means.

Hit Smack. :shrug:

tooge 12-27-2012 12:27 PM

All the people that profess to know so much about a prospect, whether it be a head coach or college player. In fact, they know more than people that get paid to analyze real game tape over and over. Really? How bout just a "I like so and so because...." But to demean others on the site for their opinion, when all of us are just NFL bystanders, is ridiculous.

kcfanXIII 12-27-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9243514)
Members posting 89 paragraph form articles without bolding the important parts.

this is just you being lazy...

DaFace 12-27-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9243803)
this is just you being lazy...

This is the internet.

http://i.imgur.com/Xg433.gif