ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tickets Dolphins cutting left tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306015)

Mr_Tomahawk 02-16-2017 10:40 AM

Dolphins cutting left tackle Branden Albert

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...randen-albert/

The pool of available left tackles continues to fill, with the Dolphins the latest to throw a guy out of theirs.

According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, the Dolphins will be cutting veteran left tackle Branden Albert.

That clears the way for 2016 first-rounder Laremy Tunsil to take over there, after they plugged him into various roles last year, settling at left guard.

The 32-year-old Albert struggled with injuries as a Dolphin, though the investment they made in Tunsil made this seem inevitable from the moment the talented blocker fell into their laps because of a marijuana-smoking gas mask video just before the draft began.

Albert may no longer be athletic enough to handle the position the way he once did, but he’ll still likely get plenty of looks on the market.

The Franchise 02-16-2017 10:42 AM

Sign him and move him to guard!

Rooster 02-16-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 12743466)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...randen-albert/

The pool of available left tackles continues to fill, with the Dolphins the latest to throw a guy out of theirs.

According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, the Dolphins will be cutting veteran left tackle Branden Albert.

That clears the way for 2016 first-rounder Laremy Tunsil to take over there, after they plugged him into various roles last year, settling at left guard.

The 32-year-old Albert struggled with injuries as a Dolphin, though the investment they made in Tunsil made this seem inevitable from the moment the talented blocker fell into their laps because of a marijuana-smoking gas mask video just before the draft began.

Albert may no longer be athletic enough to handle the position the way he once did, but he’ll still likely get plenty of looks on the market.

ROFL I forgot about that.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2017 10:48 AM

So they paid $30 million over 3 years to get 35 games played. His 2015 season was a pretty good one and that saved him for 2016 (when they could've cut him prior to March and saved quite a bit of money) but on balance, that was a pretty poor signing for them.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-16-2017 11:46 AM

Bring him home for 2 mil and a backup position. Good depth

Rooster 02-16-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12743574)
Bring him home for 2 mil and a backup position. Good depth

If KC doesn't I bet Denver kicks the tires.

Renegade 02-16-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12743585)
If KC doesn't I bet Denver kicks the tires.

Albert and Stephenson as book ends. Love it

The Franchise 02-16-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 12743606)
Albert and Stephenson as book ends. Love it

Stephenson is going to get cut. You can guarantee that.

cabletech94 02-16-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12743624)
Stephenson is going to get cut. You can guarantee that.

i believe quesadilla joe will be by any minute, good sir......

Rain Man 02-16-2017 12:56 PM

It's a shame to see him leave, but he left his mark on the game. He holds the second-highest number in NFL history on game stoppages due to injury.

But I can see him leaving. Ed McCaffrey's record is, unlike him, completely unbreakable.

Yosef_Malkovitch 02-16-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12743748)
It's a shame to see him leave, but he left his mark on the game. He holds the second-highest number in NFL history on game stoppages due to injury.

But I can see him leaving. Ed McCaffrey's record is, unlike him, completely unbreakable.

Hahahaa! It did seem like every other play ended with Albert sitting on the ground while the trainers ran out there.

I wonder if someone, somewhere, actually keeps track of that stat?

Rain Man 02-16-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 12743870)
Hahahaa! It did seem like every other play ended with Albert sitting on the ground while the trainers ran out there.

I wonder if someone, somewhere, actually keeps track of that stat?

I really want that stat now. I'd never thought about it before, but it would be fascinating to know.

Eleazar 02-16-2017 02:34 PM

that was the prime example of how to sell high on a player.

I don't think all the tears from true fans have dried up yet, you know, since we let go of a game defining generational tackle like Brandon AlbertS.

Kman34 02-16-2017 04:13 PM

No way we need that dude here to lay on the ground 2 or 3 times a game with sand in his vagina...

Deberg_1990 02-16-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kram (Post 12744035)
that was the prime example of how to sell high on a player.

I don't think all the tears from true fans have dried up yet, you know, since we let go of a game defining generational tackle like Brandon AlbertS.

Dorsey continues to school many here