ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Pioli be fired before the blackout? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266558)

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9114114)
My gut feeling is he will be shown the door before the next game.

Obviously you missed Cassel's 4th down completion to set up the game tying field goal.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:18 AM

No, I think Pioli got an extension last summer. Him and RAC are here for at least two more years.

Daboll will be the one to get the axe this year.

I hope I am wrong about Pioli and RAC.

Red Beans 11-13-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114979)
No, I think Pioli got an extension last summer. Him and RAC are here for at least two more years.

Daboll will be the one to get the axe this year.

I hope I am wrong about Pioli and RAC.

You do your damnedest to ruin every thread you touch. I'm pretty much a lurker, but Jesus ****ing Christ I find you terribly intolerable without even engaging you in discussion.

It's not as if this statement is that bad, and my reaction is a bit of a response to your collective presence, I simply cannot take your idiocy any longer. There is no way on God's green earth Romeo is back next year... No way.

Reaper16 11-13-2012 10:36 AM

The media climate back then (wrt Lamar and Jack Steadman) was not what it is now. Hot seats just weren't as hot back then. Sports radio wasn't what it is today, and ESPN wasn't a thing yet.

Red Beans 11-13-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9115030)
The media climate back then (wrt Lamar and Jack Steadman) was not what it is now. Hot seats just weren't as hot back then. Sports radio wasn't what it is today, and ESPN wasn't a thing yet.

There is a great deal of truth to this. The rate at which seats get hot these days isn't even comparable to the 70's and 80's. It's like comparing a campfire to nuclear fusion.

Predarat 11-13-2012 11:54 AM

I just hope he is fired by the draft.

whoman69 11-13-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9114124)
no, clark doesn't give a shit

he's already given him a new contract

If the rumors are true then no way he gets set loose.

Marcellus 11-13-2012 03:31 PM

I think he is already done, that's why Clark called Marty for advice. Why else would he be talking to Marty?

Titty Meat 11-13-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9115990)
I think he is already done, that's why Clark called Marty for advice. Why else would he be talking to Marty?

Marty is friends with the Hunt family.

milkman 11-13-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

For ideas on how to sell Scott Pioli to the fanbase for another 3 years.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't be suprised if Pioli called Marty to beat Clark to the punch. Maybe we will find out?

Marcellus 11-13-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9116017)
Marty is friends with the Hunt family.

No shit but he has the highest paid GM in the league and he calls Marty for advice? What does that say?

What advice can Marty give you that you wont ask your highly paid GM about? Advice on how to deal with your GM situation maybe?

Also it just occurred to me - Who leaked that call to the press?

Marcellus 11-13-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9116020)
For ideas on how to sell Scott Pioli to the fanbase for another 3 years.

Not funny. :shake:

Titty Meat 11-13-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9116043)
No shit but he has the highest paid GM in the league and he calls Marty for advice? What does that say?

What advice can Marty give you that you wont ask your highly paid GM about? Advice on how to deal with your GM situation maybe?

Also it just occurred to me - Who leaked that call to the press?

Do we have any proof of this other than Bill Maas who is the new Nick Athan?

milkman 11-13-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9116051)
Not funny. :shake:

Not trying to be funny.

Think about it.

Marty is still highly respected by the KC fanbase.

Who better to sell the idea to the fanbase than Marty?

Even if Marty isn't the one to bring the message, the fact that it's been leaked that Marty and Clark have talked, if Clark tells the fanbase that after consulting Marty, he reached the decision to extend Pioli, many, if not most, of the sheep will buy in.