ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official (12)-13 NHL Season Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268821)

The Poz 01-21-2013 10:25 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...y_League_rules

Predarat 01-21-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9338715)
Scott Hannan had his first fight in 5 years on Saturday against Dorsett. Held his own against a tough customer.

That was a great move by the Predators, that guy has been a pain in the Preds ass for years so its great to have him on the good side now.

RockChalk 01-21-2013 04:15 PM

Why is the damn game tonight starting at 5 central? Too early. The happy hour bar I'm headed to better have FSKC on

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9339530)
Why is the damn game tonight starting at 5 central? Too early. The happy hour bar I'm headed to better have FSKC on

MLK Day

RockChalk 01-21-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339535)
MLK Day

I see how that applies to the NBA, since they've been doing the MLK Day basketball marathon for a while.

But I've been to plenty of hockey games, NHL and minors. Based on observations, I'd venture hockey is second only to nascar with the percentage of fans who just assume MLK had never existed.

Jerm 01-21-2013 05:39 PM

Tarasenko is ridiculous...dude has a legit shot at the Calder.

Discuss Thrower 01-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9339540)
I see how that applies to the NBA, since they've been doing the MLK Day basketball marathon for a while.

But I've been to plenty of hockey games, NHL and minors. Based on observations, I'd venture hockey is second only to nascar with the percentage of fans who just assume MLK had never existed.

To be fair, MLK doesn't really apply to our friends in the north.

RockChalk 01-21-2013 08:02 PM

I realize we're only 2 games in, but we look to have some offense this season.

Nice relief effort by Elliot. Fun game to watch

Predarat 01-22-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9340123)

The Preds were lucky to get a point out of that one. Their 1st period was horrible. The Blues have a helluva team yet again.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9340123)

They were kind of brutal to watch last year, but not so far this season... and I wouldn't mind them beating the Wings by 6 goals several more times.

The Blackhawks have gotten off to a really good start, too, so as long as both teams have their legs, it should be a fun game tonight.

Then there's the Avalanche/Kings, starring in The other day was practice, right?

DJ's left nut 01-22-2013 11:43 AM

Man, I hope the Blues are able to lock this team up - these guys are so much fun to watch because we've watched the whole lot of them grow up here.

Just run down the lines and all of these guys were either drafted here, acquired in their very early 20s or have been here for 4 years or so.

Perron - Backes - Oshie; completely homegrown 1st line, all drafted by the Blues.

McDonald - Steen - Tank; Mcdonald is amazingly in his 6th year here, Steen his 5th and Tank was drafted by the Blues.

Schwartz - Berglund - Stewart; Schwartz and Berglund are Blues draft picks, Stewart is as close to a mercenary as we have, only in his 3rd year here and an absolutely ancient 23 yrs old when we picked him up via trade.

Sobotka - Nichol - Reaves; Sobotka in his 3rd season, acquired by trade as a 22 yr old, Reaves was a draft pick and Scotty Nichol is veteran depth.

4 of the Defenseman (Petro, Cole, Jax and Polak) are draftees w/ Shattenkirk and Russell being acquired via trade at 22 and 24 respectively.

It's just been a very fun team to watch grown and develop. You hope like hell they can keep guys like Berglund, Shat-dueces and Petro for another 4-5 years and if they're lucky maybe they can get Stewart in there as well. Guys like Polak, Perron, Oshie and Backes still have 3+ years on their deals and Schwartz/Tank aren't even RFAs for several seasons.

It's could be a potentially elite, almost entirely homegrown/home developed squad. That's just awesome to root for.

Predarat 01-22-2013 12:15 PM

I hate to say this and admit it, but I moked the hell out of the Blues when they bright in Hitch. But he has done one hell of a job.

DaFace 01-22-2013 07:59 PM

Whoo Avs. I'm kind of expecting them to get destroyed tonight, but hopefully it's a fun game anyway.

chiefs1111 01-22-2013 08:08 PM

Flyers are playing like shit tonight. Horrible start to this season.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:23 PM

Just like last year... get shutout for 2 periods and then take care of business in the 3rd.

DaFace 01-22-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9343298)
Just like last year... get shutout for 2 periods and then take care of business in the 3rd.

Just have to wake up first I guess.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9343306)
Just have to wake up first I guess.

If Duchene wasn't awake before Doughty's slapshot, he is now. :eek:

DaFace 01-22-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9343308)
If Duchene wasn't awake before Doughty's slapshot, he is now. :eek:

Yeah, that looked brutal. I'd be crying.

DaFace 01-22-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9342786)
Whoo Avs. I'm kind of expecting them to get destroyed tonight, but hopefully it's a fun game anyway.

That'll do.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:51 PM

For anyone who might care, after a pretty terrible experience with Center Ice (with TWC) last season, GameCenter has been great. Great picture, and I really like the mosaic view. Four games at once, and even though the picture isn't as good (unless I guess you have a great download speed), it's good enough and switching audio is seamless. Not that many people use it, but it's better than espn3 and so far it hasn't even been close. Just downloaded it to my phone, too, and it looks great. Waiting for the ps3 app, which is due 2/1.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-23-2013 06:21 AM

Blues came on like gangbusters in the 3rd and ALMOST sent it in to OT losing by a goal to the Hawks.

Predarat 01-23-2013 09:03 AM

HUGE win for the Preds last night, **** off suter!

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9342831)
Flyers are playing like shit tonight. Horrible start to this season.

They played decent in the middle of the first and start of the second. They had a horrible breakdown on the Zajac goal. Typical Flyers third period where they were more interested in being tough guys than actually trying to comeback, thus throwing the entire period away to penalty minutes. Watching them melt down certainly entertains me.

CupidStunt 01-24-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9343830)
HUGE win for the Preds last night, **** off suter!

Don't understand the hostility towards Suter. He left about as amicably as you can. Preds fans should be angrier at Weber than Suter, who wasn't unrestricted, signed for more money (and clearly just FOR the $), and made less Pred-friendly comments during the process.

Predarat 01-24-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 9346613)
Don't understand the hostility towards Suter. He left about as amicably as you can. Preds fans should be angrier at Weber than Suter, who wasn't unrestricted, signed for more money (and clearly just FOR the $), and made less Pred-friendly comments during the process.

He strung the Preds GM along where they could have concetrated on other things other then trying to get a deal done with him. He named several names the previous owner LiarPlod was responsible for letting go and blamed the Preds for it, then goes to where LiarPlod is the owner now. If he went to Philly or somewhere similar fans would be more understanding. Fans are not too happy with Weber either, also some blame has to go to the Preds GM, Suter did give hints he wanted out, alot of fans saw it but the GM seemed shocked when Suter left. Though it would have been very difficult to keep both Suter and Weber without sacrificing alot of other things.

DJ's left nut 01-24-2013 08:28 PM

Eat Dicks, Pederasts!!!!!

DJ's left nut 01-24-2013 09:14 PM

Tarasenko can flat out score.

He just undressed Rinne.

DaFace 01-24-2013 10:35 PM

There's just something about a guy (tonight, it was John Mitchell for the Avs) who takes a puck to the face, bleeds all over the place, comes back only a few minutes later looking like Frankenstein, and then proceeds to play a hell of a game that warms my heart.

DaFace 01-24-2013 10:35 PM

Oh, and if Matt Duchene can stay healthy this season, he's gonna be a beast.

Discuss Thrower 01-24-2013 10:42 PM

I DVR Tuesday's game against the Hawks, avoided seeing any scoring updates over Twitter, only to waste time watching them lose two+ hours after teh game ended.

Tonight, I didn't DVR. Blues Win.

Guess this is how superstitions are born, huh.

Predarat 01-25-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9349026)
Eat Dicks, Pederasts!!!!!

They ate alot of Blue dicks last night, that was awful. But awesome for Blues fans hahaha.

DaFace 01-26-2013 04:07 PM

I really hate San Jose. Avs were all over them, then one of their guys takes out Landeskog with a potentially suspendable hit, an Avs player retaliates, and they give the Avs guy a double minor, a 5-minute major, and a 10-minute misconduct. San Jose scores two goals on the back to back power plays.

:shake:

Rugby Thompson 01-26-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9353170)
I really hate San Jose. Avs were all over them, then one of their guys takes out Landeskog with a potentially suspendable hit, an Avs player retaliates, and they give the Avs guy a double minor, a 5-minute major, and a 10-minute misconduct. San Jose scores two goals on the back to back power plays.

:shake:

san jose is the atlanta falcons of the NHL...they kill the regular season then choke like bitchesss in the playoffs

The Poz 01-26-2013 05:41 PM

Patrick Marleau is outscoring entire teams.

RyFo18 01-27-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9353581)
Patrick Marleau is outscoring entire teams.

He do good.

Predarat 01-27-2013 10:02 AM

Damn preds again, may be a long season.

Bearcat 01-27-2013 09:23 PM

The Sharks have 12 PP goals in 5 games... half the league hasn't scored 12 goals yet.

DJ's left nut 01-27-2013 09:27 PM

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

2 goals in 2 minutes in the third period of their 3rd game in 4 nights; Note up 4-3.

Hell yeah.

DJ's left nut 01-27-2013 09:30 PM

And there goes the lead, but that damn thing had better not stand, he clearly played it with a high stick while batting it out of the air.

EDIT: Oh **** them in the face - goal stands. I have no idea how the hell they call that. I guess they're saying he hit it when it was below the crossbar, but you still can't swing down like it's a goddamn hatched to make contact with it. He brought the stick from a foot over his head to hack down on it.

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 07:28 AM

Man I can't stand watching Price play goal. Watching the goalies that wear monster pads and just drop to the ground at the first sign of trouble just bore me. Habs look like a decent team this year though.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9357722)
Man I can't stand watching Price play goal. Watching the goalies that wear monster pads and just drop to the ground at the first sign of trouble just bore me. Habs look like a decent team this year though.

The Habs kept the wrong goalie, then.

Halak appears to me to have a lot of stand-up goalie in him, but he'll go to the butterfly on occasion. He's frenetic even on his best days back there.

But he's generally effective. He has no real choice - he's tiny for a goalie. Going to the butterfly everytime wouldn't work well for him.

Predarat 01-28-2013 10:33 AM

This season is going to be ****ing crazy!

The Poz 01-28-2013 03:28 PM

Watching the Battle of Alberta this past Saturday renewed my love for this game. Reminiscent of the hard fought matches from the late 80's.
Being a Calgary fan throughout their existence I think I'm finally warming up to the idea of trading their only 2 assets and rebuilding. If they don't and these guys walk this team could be buggered for quite some time.

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358003)
The Habs kept the wrong goalie, then.

Halak appears to me to have a lot of stand-up goalie in him, but he'll go to the butterfly on occasion. He's frenetic even on his best days back there.

But he's generally effective. He has no real choice - he's tiny for a goalie. Going to the butterfly everytime wouldn't work well for him.

I don't know if they ever had a choice. Price was so young and beloved when he first broke in, I think they had already made their decision before Halak started playing well and Price not so well.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9358913)
I don't know if they ever had a choice. Price was so young and beloved when he first broke in, I think they had already made their decision before Halak started playing well and Price not so well.

I can't decide if Price is actually any good. He reminds me of a fairly lousy goalie the Blues had for a few years named Brent Johnson (who was actually not shitty for a few months, then became terrible again). Sometimes he looks good and sometimes he looks like complete crap. And at all times, he doesn't really seem to care either way.

Johnson played that very similar stoic style to Price. He ended up having a pretty decent career as a backup and wasn't nearly as talented as Price, but Price kinda reminds me of him at times.

In the end, Price could be an elite goalie...I guess. I'm still glad I don't have to root for him.

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358954)
I can't decide if Price is actually any good. He reminds me of a fairly lousy goalie the Blues had for a few years named Brent Johnson (who was actually not shitty for a few months, then became terrible again). Sometimes he looks good and sometimes he looks like complete crap. And at all times, he doesn't really seem to care either way.

Johnson played that very similar stoic style to Price. He ended up having a pretty decent career as a backup and wasn't nearly as talented as Price, but Price kinda reminds me of him at times.

In the end, Price could be an elite goalie...I guess. I'm still glad I don't have to root for him.

Is that the Johnson that backed up in PIT for a few years? He always killed NJ but then again all backups do. If you want to shut down NJ, play your backup.

The Poz 01-28-2013 04:04 PM

Halak certainly outplayed Price while they were together but Price was the high draft pick and the favourite while coming off of a stellar showing at the World juniors tourney. He's a good goalie, I just don't think Montreal is any good. With Pacioretty now out for a lengthy stint on the IR things could only get worse.
Like NJ_CF said, their minds were already made up on Price.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9358959)
Is that the Johnson that backed up in PIT for a few years? He always killed NJ but then again all backups do. If you want to shut down NJ, play your backup.

The very same, Johnny Marlboro, as Blues fans took to calling him.

You could catch him out and about town chain smoking on any given night in STL.

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9359055)
The very same, Johnny Marlboro, as Blues fans took to calling him.

You could catch him out and about town chain smoking on any given night in STL.

Haha, that's funny. Around here, you can catch Daneyko out drinking just about every weekend. Don't get me wrong though, I love the guy.

Bearcat 01-28-2013 09:14 PM

The Avalanche need to stop taking so many damn penalties or get better on the PK.

DaFace 01-28-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9359943)
The Avalanche need to stop taking so many damn penalties or get better on the PK.

Or both.

Seems like every year these days goes something like this, though. Four games in, and we're already down three top forwards. Hopefully they get O'Reilly's shit figured out soon.

Predarat 01-29-2013 08:24 AM

The Preds are awful right now. Yikes!

The Poz 01-31-2013 01:33 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=4149...ce=twitterfeed

Greg Jamison's deal to buy the Phoenix Coyotes could be in jeopardy.

According to The Arizona Republic, the former San Jose Sharks CEO has until the city's imposed midnight deadline (2am et/11pm pt) to come up with financing for the club, or he will lose out on the arena-management deal that would see the city pay him an average of $15 million a year over 20 years to manage Jobing.com Arena.

Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers, who was not the mayor of the city when the lease agreement was agreed to, denied an extension to Jamison when he was contacted Wednesday night by one of Jamison's attorneys.

"The bottom line is that Jamison himself hasn't talked with me," Weiers told the paper. "I do know that a group trying to help Jamison or trying to get involved with Jamison – however you want to word it – they're trying to figure out a way to keep his deal afloat."

If Jamison can't get the funding, it could once again set back a franchise that has had three previous potential owners try to buy the club since the NHL bought the team from U.S. Bankruptcy Court in 2009.

ChiefsCountry 01-31-2013 01:35 PM

Rumor is group from Seattle will get the Coyotes.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Poz 01-31-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9367833)
Rumor is group from Seattle will get the Coyotes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Correct.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...n-falls-apart/

Look for the team to move to Seattle if the sale of the Sacramento Kings to hedge fund manager Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is finalized. The NBA team’s prospective new owners want to move the Kings to Seattle where they plan on opening a new arena in two years. Two teams in one building is better economics.

Quebec, the former home of the Colorado Avalanche, has also been mentioned as a viable place for the Coyotes to go. It is. Quebec City has broken ground on a new arena. But NHL commissioner Gary Bettman wants the league to be coast-to-coast. And with Jets moving from Atlanta to Winnipeg last season the NHL doesn’t want its sponsors and U.S. television partner, NBC Sports, thinking the league is contracting geographically.

ChiefsCountry 01-31-2013 03:38 PM

Kansas City has the best arena available, we just don't have an ownership group which sucks.

The Poz 01-31-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9368258)
Kansas City has the best arena available, we just don't have an ownership group which sucks.

Bring back the Scouts.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...-75jerseyF.jpg

Bearcat 01-31-2013 04:11 PM

Just move the damn franchise already... they made the conference finals last year and not only are they one of 3 teams not filling their arena to ~95% capacity, they are at 72%.

They showed a stat during the Avs game last night... 5 games in, they're at -24 minutes of PP time to PK time. 10 minutes or one whole penalty/game more than the next worst team. And if that's not bad enough, their PP is 5% and their PK is 72%. :facepalm:

Titty Meat 01-31-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9368258)

It doesnt help that the mayor and power s that be have said they make more money without a team.

DJ's left nut 01-31-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9368315)
It doesnt help that the mayor and power s that be have said they make more money without a team.

They might be right.

The economy in KC is stretched pretty tight; I really don't think giving tax incentives, etc... to bring a hockey team in here is going to be cost effective. With the Chiefs, Royals and now even Sporting, there are only so many pro sporting dollars that are going to be spent in KC and many of those are already spoken for.

And ultimately, KC might be a better soccer market than hockey anyway (which is just weak).

I'd have loved to have seen a hockey team in KC, but I just don't think it's realistic. At best, you'd have a team that drew fans when it kicked ass or when the local economy was roaring, but then it would move as soon as it hit a dry patch. It's already happened once with the Scouts and again in the NBA with the Kings.

KC is properly positioned as a 2 major sport town, IMO.

ChiefsCountry 01-31-2013 05:25 PM

Kings left town because a California group bought the team the year Jordan came into the league. They left right when the NBA was about ready to boom. Kings actually had local ownership during their time in KC. Scouts problem was they had like 30 owners and none of them had real deep pockets. Both of those teams had owners that made David Glass look like Mark Cuban. Both leagues have changed economically since then has well.

So its back to where I said before, it comes down to ownership.

OnTheWarpath15 01-31-2013 06:33 PM

Tarasenko. Again.

3-0 Blues over Jackets, late 1st period.

Titty Meat 01-31-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9368634)
Tarasenko. Again.

3-0 Blues over Jackets, late 1st period.

Ive became a blues fan simply because I win some deal from papa johns everytime the blues win by 3 or more goals. They must be kicking ass this year.

OnTheWarpath15 01-31-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9368649)
Ive became a blues fan simply because I win some deal from papa johns everytime the blues win by 3 or more goals. They must be kicking ass this year.

They have to win and score three or more. Not win by three or more.

50% off your order, IIRC.

It's happened in all 5 wins this year, and going to happen again tonight.

OnTheWarpath15 01-31-2013 08:34 PM

LMAO

Andy Mac misses an empty net from the top of the circle.

OnTheWarpath15 01-31-2013 08:35 PM

That might be the ugliest 4-1 win I've ever seen.

DaFace 02-02-2013 09:06 AM

So...yeah. This wasn't so good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aLqU8apsnLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9372197)
So...yeah. This wasn't so good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aLqU8apsnLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shocking that the Blues would be on the wrong end of a call in Detroit. That's a clean hit.

Was a damn good game until that call decided it.

Used to it, moving on.

DJ's left nut 02-02-2013 09:14 AM

**** the Red Wings so much.

That was a perfectly clean hit and Backes not only gets 2 minutes but he gets thrown out of the game.

The NHL's protection of that bullshit franchise is a ****ing disgrace, especially at Joe Lewis. Hopefully garbage calls like this will open some eyes to this nonsense.

Someone tell Shanny that none of his ****ing teammates play there anymore so we can stop openly protecting them.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 09:51 AM

Piece of shit Wing scum

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 02:36 PM

From the Post-Dispatch:

Quote:

For what it's worth – which certainly isn't two points - the match penalty assessed to Blues forward David Backes in Friday's frustrating 5-3 loss at Detroit has been rescinded by the NHL.

That's right, it never happened.

Backes was given a match penalty, which carries suspension ramifications, for an “illegal hit to the head” of Detroit's Kent Huskins midway through the third period of a 3-3 battle. The Red Wings went on to score on the ensuing power play and later added an empty-net goal to beat the Blues.

Television replays clearly showed Backes hit Huskins with a shoulder to the chest and made no contact with Huskins' head. That is, legal and not to the head. Official Ian Walsh saw it – or some might argue didn't see it – differently.

The damage done, the penalty has now been wiped from the records, like Watergate tapes. “It's like it's a non-call,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “I was told it goes right off the books.”

In effect, it is the NHL's way of acknowledging that the call was absurd. Unfortunately, the teams will not go back to the point in the third period and pick up where they left off before the call influenced the outcome.

Perhaps it delivers a message to officials, who have a tough job supervising a fast sport. Perhaps the message is, when in doubt, don't make a call, particularly in the last few minutes of a tie game.

It often appears the opposite philosophy is employed.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 03:27 PM

Wow, just wow.

lewdog 02-02-2013 05:18 PM

I will be at the Stars vs Coyotes game tonight. First NHL game ever for me. Figured I might want to get one in before the Coyotes move out of town.

NJChiefsFan 02-02-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9373127)
I will be at the Stars vs Coyotes game tonight. First NHL game ever for me. Figured I might want to get one in before the Coyotes move out of town.

Let us know how you liked it.

lewdog 02-02-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9373679)
Let us know how you liked it.

Pretty sweet, although the crowd was even less than normal because of a Phoenix Nationwide Race and the Phoenix Open today.

Hockey live is just amazing though and especially at that level. I would definitely be down for a few games a year and can't even imagine what playoff hockey is like!

ChiefsCountry 02-02-2013 11:50 PM

Never been to a playoff game but I was in downtown Nashville last year when the Preds beat the Red Wings. It was electric in a city that is always going.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Poz 02-03-2013 12:15 AM

Been to two playoff games. Both were quite some time ago. In Buffalo against the Nordiques. I believe that was back in the 84-85 season then I saw Gretzky and the Kings back in Edmonton in either 91-92 or the 92-93 season. The Edmonton game had empty seats in the upper deck (post Wayne) - lame, but the Quebec/Buff game was something I'll never forget.

NJChiefsFan 02-03-2013 01:35 AM

Playoff hockey is unreal. Like you said the NHL live is pretty damn cool. Even the people who I have brought who aren't hockey fans always like it. Division games are great too. Even if you got a game where its split fan-wise, it's still an electric atmosphere. I think it actually adds to it. I hate seeing Ranger fans at the Rock but it really does make for an amazing atmosphere.

Predarat 02-05-2013 09:24 AM

The games this season have been very intense, kind of like a pre playoff atmosphere, somewhere between an intense regular season game and a playoff game. Though the Preds have only had two home games so far, they end the road trip tonight in St Loius. Thats going to be a tough one, they always struggle in St Louis.

CupidStunt 02-10-2013 06:45 AM

Not a Blues "fan" but I do like them a lot. Let me speak for all the actual fans when I say, get well soon, Halak!!