ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Trump boasts of a higher IQ than Tillerson (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310715)

Donger 10-10-2017 07:57 AM

Trump boasts of a higher IQ than Tillerson

LMAO

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politi...son/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump, scorned by reports that Rex Tillerson called him a "moron" earlier this year, told Forbes in an interview released Tuesday that he has a higher IQ than his secretary of state.

The comment underscores the volatility between the two men after multiple reports that their relationship has frayed over the secretary of state's comment. Trump and Tillerson, along with Secretary of Defense James Mattis, will have lunch together at the White House on Tuesday afternoon.

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said. "And I can tell you who is going to win."

Trump was aware before the report earlier this month that Tillerson had referred to him as a "moron" at the Pentagon this summer, a source familiar with the conversation told CNN, but it's unclear whether Trump discussed the remark with Tillerson. Trump was not present at the Pentagon meeting where the comment was made.

Trump and his administration have looked to discredit the initial NBC report, despite the fact that other outlets have since confirmed Tillerson made the comment.

"The @NBCNews story has just been totally refuted by Sec. Tillerson and @VP Pence. It is #FakeNews," Trump tweeted at the time. "They should issue an apology to AMERICA!"

Tillerson also made an in-person statement lauding his boss and his commitment to working for him, but sources have told CNN that the two men have an uneasy relationship that has recently been highlighted by the fact that Trump publicly tweeted that Tillerson was "wasting his time trying to negotiate" with North Korea.

The President doubled down on those comments in his interview with Forbes.
"He was wasting his time," Trump said. "I'm not undermining him. I think I'm actually strengthening authority."

Though the uneasy relationship continues, it is unlikely -- for now -- that Tillerson will leave, sources have told CNN, because the President and his top aides are aware of the perception that they are shedding top staff at an unnerving clip. Tom Price, Trump's first Health and Human Services secretary, resigned in late September over a private plane scandal and since becoming president, Trump has dismissed several top communication aides, a chief of staff and a chief strategist.

Trump has repeatedly stepped out onto the foreign stage since becoming president, but the forays have not been universally well received. Trump, who ran on the promise to put America first, has largely thrown out the foreign policy playbook of past administrations, and in his interview with Forbes, Trump said he is unlikely to fill the State Department with his own people.

"I'm generally not going to make a lot of the appointments that would normally be--because you don't need them," the President said. "I mean, you look at some of these agencies, how massive they are, and it's totally unnecessary."
He added: "They have hundreds of thousands of people."

Donger 10-10-2017 07:57 AM

We have a ****ing infant in the White House.

BigCatDaddy 10-10-2017 08:19 AM

BUT, is it higher than Frankies?

WilliamTheIrish 10-10-2017 08:23 AM

5 dimensional Chutes And Ladders.

stumppy 10-10-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13139975)
5 dimensional Chutes And Ladders.

ROFL

Eleazar 10-10-2017 10:02 AM

But they all released statements saying that no one has ever questioned anyone else's intelligence, and that they all love each other and everything is fine.

eDave 10-10-2017 10:06 AM

The President of the United States just told the world he thinks he is smarter than his own Secretary of State in response to something he claims never happened.

WhiteWhale 10-10-2017 10:07 AM

ROFL

Direckshun 10-10-2017 10:10 AM

Seriously.

What the **** is wrong with you Trump voters. Christ.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1R42mFx3_ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu 10-10-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13140146)
Seriously.

What the **** is wrong with you Trump voters. Christ.

Can you imagine how poorly your candidate was received for this guy to get elected? I blame you.

Eleazar 10-10-2017 10:13 AM

Seriously, it's time for Tillerson to go. It's obviously impossible for him to continue working for the POTUS. The Secretary of State can't execute duties of diplomacy with the POTUS constantly undermining him. He should wash his hands of this mess and let the White House see if they can find anyone else who's willing to jump on the burning fail train.

patteeu 10-10-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13140160)
Seriously, it's time for Tillerson to go. It's obviously impossible for him to continue working for the POTUS. The Secretary of State can't execute duties of diplomacy with the POTUS constantly undermining him. He should wash his hands of this mess and let the White House see if they can find anyone else who's willing to jump on the burning fail train.

Maybe he's hanging around so he can contribute to the 25th amendment removal conspiracy. :)

Donger 10-10-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13140160)

Tillerson isn't the problem.

CoMoChief 10-10-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13139919)
We have a ****ing infant in the White House.

We have a ****ing triggered idiot in DC forum starting shit threads.

BigBeauford 10-10-2017 10:20 AM

The thickest of skins.