ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Maker's Mark to reduce alcohol content (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269903)

DJ's left nut 02-11-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9393961)
They would probably get less shit if they just raised the price.

Of course they would. That would have been by far and away the easier way to do it.

And they don't want to do that because they don't want to run off some of their loyal drinkers. They've taken a far bolder approach and are hoping to make it a temporary change only. They're trying to do the right thing here by remaining accessible to their fans.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2013 01:36 PM

Basically they're showing uncommon honesty in being completely transparent about their product.

And they're getting shit on for it.

Might as well lie, change the formula AND jack up the price a few bucks a bottle...because hardly anyone would notice.

KCUnited 02-11-2013 01:43 PM

I'm pretty sure they have to disclose their proof, so the change would be obvious. Not disclosing it ahead of time would've been a colossal **** up.

Molitoth 02-11-2013 01:45 PM

DJ's left nut owns this thread.

Pablo 02-11-2013 01:46 PM

Meh. I drink Maker's regularly because my buddies love the stuff. I keep Buffalo Trace or Builett in my house, so I don't care too much.

Molitoth 02-11-2013 01:48 PM

I need to obtain Buffalo Trace that everyone keeps talking about.

Pablo 02-11-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9394003)
I need to obtain Buffalo Trace that everyone keeps talking about.

It's pretty good for it's price point. Roughly $25 for a 750. Give it a go, I doubt you'll be unsatisfied.

Molitoth 02-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9394005)
It's pretty good for it's price point. Roughly $25 for a 750. Give it a go, I doubt you'll be unsatisfied.

Where do I get it in St. Joe? Does Hyvee have it?

Pablo 02-11-2013 01:56 PM

I'm sure they have it there.

QuikSsurfer 02-11-2013 02:00 PM

I need to give Buffalo Trace a try as well... I normally just stick with Makers and Bulleit (rye).

JohnnyHammersticks 02-11-2013 02:10 PM

This coincides perfectly with me scaling back on the Maker's Mark to almost none. While I've loved it over the years, last year I had...let's say...a couple 'incidents' involving Maker's Mark and I don't want to push the envelope any further than I already have. I don't know if it was the fact that I lost 25 lbs, or that I don't drink nearly as often as I used to (I drink Maker's about once every couple months now), but I fear if I keep drinking the amount of Maker's that I used to be able to drink when I went out, that someday I'm not going to come home.

So, it's been a good run Maker's Mark, but from now on I'll just have a few beers and some ganja and count my blessings that I never killed myself or anybody else.

QuikSsurfer 02-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9394037)
This coincides perfectly with me scaling back on the Maker's Mark to almost none. While I've loved it over the years, last year I had...let's say...a couple 'incidents' involving Maker's Mark and I don't want to push the envelope any further than I already have. I don't know if it was the fact that I lost 25 lbs, or that I don't drink nearly as often as I used to (I drink Maker's about once every couple months now), but I fear if I keep drinking the amount of Maker's that I used to be able to drink when I went out, that someday I'm not going to come home.

So, it's been a good run Maker's Mark, but from now on I'll just have a few beers and some ganja and count my blessings that I never killed myself or anybody else.

Is this a problem with Makers or is it a personal one?

JohnnyHammersticks 02-11-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9394052)
Is this a problem with Makers or is it a personal one?

Personal. The only problem with Maker's Mark is that it tastes too damn good.

|Zach| 02-11-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9393683)

It's just an odd rush to judgment with so many people already writing Makers off altogether without even seeing what they're going to produce.

People are so finicky on the internet.

DeezNutz 02-11-2013 02:41 PM

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that a Pats fan is bitching about a company "shitting" on its base, the same poster who was genuinely interested in showing at least a semblance of loyalty to *****?

Tell me you contributed to the SOC movement.