ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

patteeu 02-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9389276)
Has nothing to do with dumb, and more to do with taking a chance at winning championships.

You're just too stupid to know the difference.

So even if Geno flops (whether for the Chiefs or for another team), the guys who wanted to draft him were right because they were willing to take a chance? ROFL

milkman 02-09-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389691)
So even if Geno flops (whether for the Chiefs or for another team), the guys who wanted to draft him were right because they were willing to take a chance? ROFL

If we are wrong about Geno, we are wrong about Geno.

But we are not wrong about the fact that being safe gets you jack.

We are not wrong that the potential reward far outweighs the risk.

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389731)

http://www.webwiseforradio.com/site_...nner-theme.gif

munkey 02-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388853)
@FruitNinja, I agree with you. We have to do something. But I don't think that should mean that we reach for a 2nd round talent with the first overall pick. Frankly, the only option I like at QB right now isn't even an option; that being praying to the football gods that the Bears don't resign Cutler. And even then, that's a pretty terrible scenario. The fact is that the QB class for the next couple of years is god-awful. In an average year, every QB in first round contention this year would be a 3rd rounder at best. In all honesty, I don't think there's anyway we don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. I would just rather do something like the Bengals did and get the better player in the first, and then take the best available QB in the second.

@Ebolapox, I've been through about 20 pages of the draft Geno thread, and found nothing useful. And I have done my research on Geno Smith. And I wasn't impressed. He looked like Colt Brennan to me. He plays in a system that throws the ball on 75% of its snaps, and many of those are high percentage throws like hitches and screens. I just haven't seen anything on the kid that has sold me on him as the number 1 pick

Spot on...let the raiders draft smith... He's a project..never took a snap in the NFL much less participated in the combine. I seriously don't get the Geno/love from everyone here...it's actually kinda sad...it's like theirs going to be a mass suicide if he's not taken...kinda weird..

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389677)
I think it's way too early to call Joeckel a HOF LT, but to answer your question, a HOF LT wins you a lot more than a journeyman QB.

A HOF LT wins jack and shit until the team gets a QB.

munkey 02-09-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389731)

What potential? He's not the second coming of RG3 or Luck... I'm sure alot of fans thought the same when Blackledge was drafted..

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389745)
What potential? He's not the second coming of RG3 or Luck... I'm sure alot of fans thought the same when Blackledge was drafted..

Oh, get that $#it the **** out of here...

munkey 02-09-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389741)
A HOF LT wins jack and shit until the team gets a QB.

A good offensive line can make a retread look awesome...get a clue...Andy knows what we need..to waste the first pick on a 3rd round prospect with the free agent market is just insane...

munkey 02-09-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9389755)
Oh, get that $#it the **** out of here...

I expect more from you Rausch...are you seriously on the Geno bandwagon??? Way to early for me to jump on...not with the #1 pick.. Sorry...

RealSNR 02-09-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

I think it's way too early to call Joeckel a HOF LT, but to answer your question, a HOF LT wins you a lot more than a journeyman QB.

That's not the question, Bill O'Reilly.

We have the choice between Geno and Joeckel. You asked which is more likely, Joeckel as a HOF LT or Geno as a HOF QB. I said it doesn't matter because a HOF LT doesn't win you shit. Then you started talking about journeyman QBs.

You can't do that. We're talking about the rewards outweighing the risks. Right now the likelihood of Joeckel or Geno being HOF is low and negligible. You have to logically assume that Geno will be a HOF QB in order to balance the hypothetical.

Here it is again. A HOF LT gets you nothing. A HOF QB gets you immortality.

Take the QB over the LT. Every ****ing time. Especially when it's the difference between the potential for greatness of players like Joeckel and Geno.

Rausch 02-09-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389764)
I expect more from you Rausch...are you seriously on the Geno bandwagon??? Way to early for me to jump on...not with the #1 pick.. Sorry...

I'm on the "TAKE A ****ING QB WITH OUR BEST PICK IN TEAM HISTORY" bandwagon.

Gneo looks like the best prospect to me.

I could be wrong.

But I'll be ****ing ecstatic if the team drafts any QB that high and displays an even moderate level of knowing what the **** it takes to win in this league...

RealSNR 02-09-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Also, Albert isn't a HOF LT, but he's pretty good.

I'll ask again. Why has our offense struggled so ****ing much even though we've got our nice safe game manager QB and a ****ing RB who rivals Jim Brown's career YPC?

That should be a formula for playoffs every year. What gives?

munkey 02-09-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9389775)
I'm on the "TAKE A ****ING QB WITH OUR BEST PICK IN TEAM HISTORY" bandwagon.

Gneo looks like the best prospect to me.

I could be wrong.

But I'll be ****ing ecstatic if the team drafts any QB that high and displays an even moderate level of knowing what the **** it takes to win in this league...

I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Romeo is GONE...the offensive scheme is going to drastically change..Geno is NO Donavan Mcnabb...not even close...AND Reid is big on a dominate offense line...I just don't see how they can pass on Joeckel..unless he screws himself at the combine..

Coogs 02-09-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389758)
A good offensive line can make a retread look awesome...get a clue...Andy knows what we need..to waste the first pick on a 3rd round prospect with the free agent market is just insane...

Albert... 1st rounder
Allen... 2nd rounder
Hudson... 2nd rounder
Asamoah... 3rd rounder
Winston... FA

Stephenson... 3rd rounder

We have a pretty good O-line. Young too for the most part. Valuable experience was gained this last season or two for that group. Should gel into a very formidable group once Hudson gets back in the fold.

Set Geno up behind that line with Charles, Bowe, Breaston and a few others as weapons and we are good to go.

milkman 02-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389812)
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Romeo is GONE...the offensive scheme is going to drastically change..Geno is NO Donavan Mcnabb...not even close...AND Reid is big on a dominate offense line...I just don't see how they can pass on Joeckel..unless he screws himself at the combine..

How much does improvement do you expect by replacing a top 10 LT with a new Lt?