ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request I need help fast, guys. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270178)

houstonwhodat 02-20-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 9417174)
bullshit cops don't give a ****. They only care about bust counts.

They like going to court so they can rack up the overtime too.

griZZly64 02-20-2013 07:20 AM

man the last thing you do is call the damn cops.. who the **** offers up that genius advice?

griZZly64 02-20-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9415232)
Sorry to hear about this situation, and I hope it turns out okay for him. As far as feeling guilty about getting him in trouble, keep in mind it was him that put you unwillingly into that situation. He was bound to get in trouble one way or another, either death or drug stings or high in public. No one ever sits at home shooting heroin and ends up making something of their life.

you watch too many movies. drug sting? laugh

Ace Gunner 02-20-2013 07:39 AM

ya this thread is the epitome of statism -- let the state handle what a family should be handling. albeit, on my dime. I'm sorry your fam has a problem, but I am sorrier how how your fam handled it.

Rasputin 02-20-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9418201)
ya this thread is the epitome of statism -- let the state handle what a family should be handling. albeit, on my dime. I'm sorry your fam has a problem, but I am sorrier how how your fam handled it.

That is bull shit. Cannot blame the family for his actions to do drugs or blame them how they handle it. The guy has to own his own responsibility of his actions to do drugs. Are you above any of your family members doing drugs? You are a lier if you say yes.

Abba-Dabba 02-22-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griZZly64 (Post 9418173)
man the last thing you do is call the damn cops.. who the **** offers up that genius advice?

People that think that the cops are there to point you in the right direction to overcome your addictions. They're are there to help, right? ROFL. If convicted of the assault and theft charges it likely will put him low on the totem pole in recieving even the lowest and cheapest form of drug counseling while incarcerated. Non violent drug offenders recieve preferential placement towards drug counseling in prison.
What is more than likely to happen is that he comes in prison a person on the junk and leaves as a meth cook with new found skills to be Missouri's newest and finest shake n baker.

cdcox 02-22-2013 01:58 AM

First rule of loving an addict:

Take care of yourself first.

Second rule of loving an addict:

Take care of yourself first.

Rasputin 02-22-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9424687)
People that think that the cops are there to point you in the right direction to overcome your addictions. They're are there to help, right? ROFL. If convicted of the assault and theft charges it likely will put him low on the totem pole in recieving even the lowest and cheapest form of drug counseling while incarcerated. Non violent drug offenders recieve preferential placement towards drug counseling in prison.
What is more than likely to happen is that he comes in prison a person on the junk and leaves as a meth cook with new found skills to be Missouri's newest and finest shake n baker.

You are full of shit. I got adict friends that are in recovery that say they are thankful they were arested and it was the best thing that could have happen to them. It was the only way they would or could keep from sticking a needle in their arm.

Abba-Dabba 02-22-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9424706)
You are full of shit. I got adict friends that are in recovery that say they are thankful they were arested and it was the best thing that could have happen to them. It was the only way they would or could keep from sticking a needle in their arm.

Oh "the prison was the best thing for them" line is old, tired useless thinking and quite frankly historically proven to be a piss poor form of treatment for drug users.

That is exactly how we have been fighting the drug war for 7 decades. And it DOESN"T WORK. Communities that have been hit hard by drug addiction have found out incarceration for drug users more times than not is counter productive to the overall effectiveness of fighting drug use. The growing popularity of drug courts have proven to be a better legal avenue to fight drug addiction. In the instance of the OP though, the assault charge the nice and friendly police officers wanted to stack likely will kill any chance of him being able recieve treatment through a drug court. Instead he will likely be sent to prison on felony theft and a low class C felony drug possesion, recieve minimal drug counseling, if he doesn't have any disciplinary actions that is. Only to come out in 18 months a felon that has even trouble finding work at a corner store.

Don't get all huffy and puffy like a schoolgirl because the likely reality of the situation doesn't sit well as your "he'll get better in prison" naivete.