ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Pearl Jam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225055)

Rausch 02-24-2015 04:51 AM

I thought this was a pretty sweet crossover...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uPpodJCJW1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lewdog 02-24-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11343869)
Nah. Personal opinion. ;-). I didn't like any of their music after Ten.

It's about differentiating talented musicians from those you don't like. Not sure how people who love music can't differentiate the two. To say they shouldn't have made music after Ten is pretty dumb. There are plenty of talented musicians who I just don't listen to. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be making music for others to enjoy. Music is about personal taste. I'll never hate on what someone likes unless it's the crap put out today that's synthesized and made my people who don't do one thing that is musically talented yet are called musicians.

eDave 02-24-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11343869)
Nah. Personal opinion. ;-). I didn't like any of their music after Ten.

TIL" Pearl Jam were formed to make music solely for penguinz.

penguinz 02-24-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11346090)
It's about differentiating talented musicians from those you don't like. Not sure how people who love music can't differentiate the two. To say they shouldn't have made music after Ten is pretty dumb. There are plenty of talented musicians who I just don't listen to. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be making music for others to enjoy. Music is about personal taste. I'll never hate on what someone likes unless it's the crap put out today that's synthesized and made my people who don't do one thing that is musically talented yet are called musicians.

So you will hate on what kids like today but i can't think that Pearl Jam peaked at Ten?

My biggest issue with PJ is how their success changed them yet they tried to play it off.

I met EV before they made it big. He completely changed with his success.

lewdog 02-24-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11346107)
So you will hate on what kids like today but i can't think that Pearl Jam peaked at Ten?

My biggest issue with PJ is how their success changed them yet they tried to play it off.

I hate on what someone likes when there is limited talent to make it and vocals/beats are synthesized over people actually performing. That barely meets the description of music and they should not be referred to as musicians, they're merely performers. So yes.

Name me a person who didn't change with success is that business? Sometimes change in required in order to stay in that business as we've seen with just about anyone who's made it big.

Coochie liquor 02-24-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11346107)

Success changes everyone. That's just how it goes. Once you become famous your priorities change. You're wanted by more people, and to be in more places. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who didnt change after they got popular.

jd1020 02-24-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11346179)
Success changes everyone. That's just how it goes. Once you become famous your priorities change. You're wanted by more people, and to be in more places. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who did. Change after they got popular.

You know what else changes people?

20 years.

Coochie liquor 02-26-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11346182)
You know what else changes people?

20 years.

Correct!

DeepPurple 02-27-2015 11:26 AM

Axs TV on Directv, it used to be HDNET Channel, has tribute bands perform on a weekly 60 minute show. I believe season 4 just ended in December and they had 12 different bands. A show from last November they had the TEN band from Pittsburgh, really great performance. Here's a highlight video of them in concert, it's not from the show that was on Axs but similar. I watch the replay a lot because it's like having a greatest hits show. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7k9kaRPFU1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020 02-27-2015 11:52 AM

Dont get a strong Vedder vibe from that singer.

DeepPurple 02-27-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11350764)
Dont get a strong Vedder vibe from that singer.

That performance isn't as strong as the show they did on Axs TV. Jump ahead to 3:27 and listen to Jeremy, that's more like what he can do when he's not trying to sing so loud. On the Axs performance you could almost close your eyes and think it was Eddie.