ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dexter (Showtime) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150271)

DeepPurple 04-26-2010 02:21 PM

What got me to watch Dexter in the first place was I was a huge fan of Six Feet Under, I think I've seen every episode at least 4 times. So when the show premiered I was there at the beginning

I enjoyed the first season of Dexter, and some of the nice scenery such as Ms Benz. I liked the second season with Keith Carradine but not quite as much and I didn't like that they killed off one of the main characters. The third season I believe was the one with Jimmy Smits, and I found him to be just too dumb and guillible to really get into the show anymore and eventually quit watching in the middle of the season. I don't know what to tell you, but I lost interest, but then again I don't watch very much episodic TV. The last show before Six Feet Under that I watched regularly as a die-hard fan was 'Moonlighting'.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-26-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 6716370)
What got me to watch Dexter in the first place was I was a huge fan of Six Feet Under, I think I've seen every episode at least 4 times. So when the show premiered I was there at the beginning

I enjoyed the first season of Dexter, and some of the nice scenery such as Ms Benz. I liked the second season with Keith Carradine but not quite as much and I didn't like that they killed off one of the main characters. The third season I believe was the one with Jimmy Smits, and I found him to be just too dumb and guillible to really get into the show anymore and eventually quit watching in the middle of the season. I don't know what to tell you, but I lost interest, but then again I don't watch very much episodic TV. The last show before Six Feet Under that I watched regularly as a die-hard fan was 'Moonlighting'.

You HAVE to watch Season 4. It is epic.

Miles 04-26-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 6716971)

Yep. Season 4 is considerably better than 3.

KCChiefsMan 04-26-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

well you are missing out on great writing, directing and acting. It is a brilliant show and season 4 is the best season of all.

BigRedChief 04-26-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 6716971)

THIS!

Lzen 04-27-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Well, if you don't care for Jimmy Smits' character.....

Spoiler!

irishjayhawk 04-27-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6717209)

It's really not close. And it's the simple reason that Lithgow's performance and the character itself was much more compelling than Dex's "friend".

Lzen 04-27-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6718641)
It's really not close. And it's the simple reason that Lithgow's performance and the character itself was much more compelling than Dex's "friend".

Makes sense to me. I haven't watched S4 yet, but I like Lithgow so I can imagine he's good.

DeepPurple 04-27-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6717209)

I just got Showtime back two weeks ago, so I guess I'll give it another try. How much have I missed this year?

Miles 04-27-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 6718833)
I just got Showtime back two weeks ago, so I guess I'll give it another try. How much have I missed this year?

It finished a while back but you might check On Demand if you have cable.

DeepPurple 04-28-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6719724)
It finished a while back but you might check On Demand if you have cable.

I've got Directv, but I guess Showtime will probably rerun it this summer before the next season starts.

Lzen 08-16-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6715633)
since it's the greatest show ever made, I'll go ahead and help you out

http://www.tv-dome.net/category/dexter/page/2/

Dude, that tries to download malware. Perhaps you should remove that link.

Lzen 08-16-2010 07:26 PM

Good thing that season 4 is now on Netflix.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-16-2010 07:34 PM

I made a thread about this a while back, but I'll post it here in case any fans of the show haven't seen this yet...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUbCMbW-BRE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUbCMbW-BRE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lzen 08-25-2010 08:00 PM

Watching episode 4 of disc 2 of season 4. Getting very freaky.