ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics Dem Rep Ellison: ‘Very Good Idea’ for Government to Regulate CEO Pay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315402)

BucEyedPea 05-17-2018 08:33 AM

Dem Rep Ellison: ‘Very Good Idea’ for Government to Regulate CEO Pay
 
But they're not commies or even fascists! Riiiiight!
Wednesday on Bloomberg, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) said the government should “start talking about” regulating pay disparities between CEOs and the average worker....

Ellison said, “As you know, under the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act, it became required that the publicly traded companies would have to report the ratio between CEO pay and the median worker. It took about five years or more for the Securities Exchange Commission to create a rule. They finally did so now we have a data set of about 225 public the traded companies. We find that CEOs are paid an exorbitant amount of money’s compared workers. How bad and extreme it was really was shocking to me.”...

When asked if he is advocating government regulation, Ellison said,”I think it is a very good idea. We should start talking about it.”

Video in link with more info
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...ulate-ceo-pay/

Making everyone equal in life — by creating un-equal laws for equal results.

Marcellus 05-17-2018 08:39 AM

LMAO

ping2000 05-17-2018 09:36 AM

Says the crooked POS politician who makes money doing NOTHING.

Garcia Bronco 05-17-2018 09:54 AM

It's not CEO pay...it's executive management pay. There is more than just the "CEO" at the table. I am not sure I agree with Ellison ( I also think he is referring to large public companies, dipshit has no metrics on what small companies have to do), but something needs to be done in large public companies and it's about job satisfaction and employee retention. When an executive just makes double than any subordinate, there is a problem with the structure. It lacks equality. When there is just a perceived lack of equality in the workplace, it impacts job satisfaction and employee retention and leads to unhappy people. Now why should you care about someone else's happiness? That's for you to answer, but do you care if other people care about your happiness? And how does your unhappiness impact the other's in your life.

TheLampshade 05-17-2018 10:00 AM

are opinion agencies whose advertisers are fleeing really an acceptable source? why is the C-Suite in many boardrooms deciding against advertising with Breitbart? because they're the bastion of good reporting and truth?

chiefzilla1501 05-17-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 13559538)
It's not CEO pay...it's executive management pay. There is more than just the "CEO" at the table. I am not sure I agree with Ellison ( I also think he is referring to large public companies, dipshit has no metrics on what small companies have to do), but something needs to be done in large public companies and it's about job satisfaction and employee retention. When an executive just makes double than any subordinate, there is a problem with the structure. It lacks equality. When there is just a perceived lack of equality in the workplace, it impacts job satisfaction and employee retention and leads to unhappy people. Now why should you care about someone else's happiness? That's for you to answer, but do you care if other people care about your happiness? And how does your unhappiness impact the other's in your life.

Agreed. Executive compensation is broken. But government dictating comp is a terrible approach. Easy way to begin picking winners and choosers.

Randallflagg 05-17-2018 11:26 AM

Hey Ellison!!! How about you being wearing your Che' T-Short and pose behind a Hammer and Sickle?

Fugguin idiot.......

Randallflagg 05-17-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13559637)
Agreed. Executive compensation is broken. But government dictating comp is a terrible approach. Easy way to begin picking winners and choosers.

Please explain how it is "broken" as you say? Most CEOs answer to a Board of Directors and their compensation is decided by the board.

So how, EXACTLY, is it broken?

BucEyedPea 05-17-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLampshade (Post 13559546)
are opinion agencies whose advertisers are fleeing really an acceptable source? why is the C-Suite in many boardrooms deciding against advertising with Breitbart? because they're the bastion of good reporting and truth?

Opinion? Uhm....no, it's in the realm of fact. Now you may dispute the facts, but Ellison either said it or did not say it meaning it's either true or false. So prove how he didn't say it instead of using your opinion about the source.

You have the report using Bloomberg as the source and has a live video of Ellison saying what is written in the article as a transcript.

Learn the difference between a fact and an opinion too. It will help you.
All you got is bashing the source, when the source cites its source. I take it you didn't even look at it...'cuz it's Breitbart a conservative news site. That's in the realm of opinion.
LMAO

BucEyedPea 05-17-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13559662)
Please explain how it is "broken" as you say? Most CEOs answer to a Board of Directors and their compensation is decided by the board.

So how, EXACTLY, is it broken?

He's been harping on that for years here.

HonestChieffan 05-17-2018 11:41 AM

Executive compensation is none of the governments damn business. That is a decision of the board of directors and is not something whiney as liberals need to get all up their ass over.

Anytime this comes up its always some low level grunt who is bitching cause the Top guy makes Millions and has benefits that the guy who works in accounts payable in a level 9 rated job does not.

BucEyedPea 05-17-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLampshade (Post 13559546)
are opinion agencies whose advertisers are fleeing really an acceptable source? why is the C-Suite in many boardrooms deciding against advertising with Breitbart? because they're the bastion of good reporting and truth?

BTW, what is your source claiming advertisers are fleeing Breitbart?

You're making a statement of fact here.

What I do know is many large corporations are on board with globalism and there is a movement to censor conservative news online, which is even spreading to requests for Netlix and Amazon to remove any conservative programming. You Tube has used fact checkers from SPLC and FB is going to start ranking news sources. This is nothing but an attempt to control and censor information to bring it back to the days of 3-4 news stations with the same information reported with the same lean.

Rule by globalist corporations seems to be what you prefer.

patteeu 05-17-2018 12:51 PM

Why does anyone care what their CEO makes? I'm more interested in what I make and whether or not I need to find a different path if I want to make more.

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-17-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 13559538)
It's not CEO pay...it's executive management pay. There is more than just the "CEO" at the table. I am not sure I agree with Ellison ( I also think he is referring to large public companies, dipshit has no metrics on what small companies have to do), but something needs to be done in large public companies and it's about job satisfaction and employee retention. When an executive just makes double than any subordinate, there is a problem with the structure. It lacks equality. When there is just a perceived lack of equality in the workplace,
Quote:

it impacts job satisfaction and employee retention and leads to unhappy people. Now why should you care about someone else's happiness? That's for you to answer, but do you care if other people care about your happiness? And how does your unhappiness impact the other's in your life
.

Come on, happier employees lead to more productivity and efficiency. A CEO who isn't performing isn't going to have their job for long. A company with the level of dissatisfaction and unhappiness amongst it's workers aren't going to be very profitable in the long run. There is also some personal responsibility for a person's own happiness in their job. If you are unhappy find something else, better yourself, try to work your way up. People need to quit looking at what others have and being envious. They should look within themselves and determine what level of sacrifice they have to get to where they would like to be, and then do it.:deevee:

vailpass 05-17-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 13559673)
Executive compensation is none of the governments damn business. That is a decision of the board of directors and is not something whiney as liberals need to get all up their ass over.

Anytime this comes up its always some low level grunt who is bitching cause the Top guy makes Millions and has benefits that the guy who works in accounts payable in a level 9 rated job does not.

^^^


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.