ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Score one more for SOC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266809)

the Talking Can 11-19-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9133029)
I want him to run back to New England with his tail between his legs.

this x all the bananas in the world

Radar Chief 11-19-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9133029)
I want him to run back to New England with his tail between his legs.

I’d like to see him go to a division opponent so we can watch him **** them up for a while.

Cephalic Trauma 11-19-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9133018)
petro just articulated the reason SOC has been a success

he said he now thinks, for the first time, that Pioli will be fired (in spite of probably having been extended) because "he is cancerous"

SOC made pioli cancerous...

He's been cancerous, but he's metastasizing. His antics have made him much worse and the drastic measures he's been taking have made his ego/paranoia combo more obvious, even to those fans who have been denying it.

O.city 11-19-2012 10:48 AM

So htis, you are hearing that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he knows he's gone?

htismaqe 11-19-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133076)
So htis, you are hearing that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he knows he's gone?

It's really just speculation.

That being said, there's just too much smoke at this point. I don't see any logical, reasonable way he keeps his job and nobody that I talk to does either...

The Franchise 11-19-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133094)

That being said, there's just too much smoke at this point. I don't see any logical, reasonable way he keeps his job and nobody that I talk to does either...

Yeah.....if you're Clark....you can't trot these ****ers back out there next year. Not after yesterday. He has to know that if Pioli is back....he's going to lose out on a TON of ST sales.

dirk digler 11-19-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133094)

I don't get why he still has a job as we speak. He should have been canned last night or this morning.

O.city 11-19-2012 11:03 AM

I really don't see how you bring anyone back at this point. Not just in the fans eyes, but everyone else in the NFL's eyes.

You bring back a front office from a 1-15 team? Nope

BigMeatballDave 11-19-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133025)
I'm sure Pioli has feelers out for his next job.

If he were to land in San Diego, how awesome would htat be.

Too bad he can't go to Denver and shit all over that franchise.

PhillyChiefFan 11-19-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9133119)
I don't get why he still has a job as we speak. He should have been canned last night or this morning.

This. I thought I would get my morning coffee, log on to CP and see:

"PIOLI FIRED!" about 6 times in the LLLLLLLLLounge.

Guess Clark just figures, we've already crashed and burned, what's the point in changing anything now.

I would really love to hear Clark reassure the fans that he's going to take care of business....pipe dreams I know, but one can wish...

htismaqe 11-19-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

It really doesn't serve any purpose to do it now when he really can't get serious about hiring a replacement until January.

FringeNC 11-19-2012 11:28 AM

I'm guessing Cassel gets released the same day Pioli is fired.

FAX 11-19-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133024)
What I was told was that some of the strong-arming was by order of Pioli himself.

The speculative part of it was that Pioli knew that it would further galvanize the Chiefs fanbase against him but at this point he doesn't care, because he knows he's done here. He's protecting future interests.

I don't know, I don't have great sources like some of the other guys do.

I have no doubt that the Golf Cart Gestapo was merely following orders from Pioli.

As for the rationale, that sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, to be honest. Purposefully and aggressively alienating the fan base doesn't seem like a job-seeking strategy of any sort whatsoever. It just sounds like a petty, egotistical, madman with Henry VIII Syndrome running wild.

FAX

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Denver kicking our ass would put even more fuel to the fire.

dirk digler 11-19-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133228)
It really doesn't serve any purpose to do it now when he really can't get serious about hiring a replacement until January.

Sure it does if Clark supposedly really cares what the fans think and the plan is to fire him after the season is over anyway. Never too early to start building some goodwill back.