ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Anchorman 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259742)

The Franchise 12-19-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10292213)
Eventually someone gets so popular people start to dislike them from over exposure and the need for many to be a contrarian and different. No denying Will Ferrell is funny

I've always thought that Will Ferrell was hilarious. I just find that his humor is much better in sketch comedy than actual movies. His movies are either hit or miss for me. Step Brothers? Hilarious. Talladega Nights? Stupid as ****.

Demonpenz 12-19-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10293277)
I've always thought that Will Ferrell was hilarious. I just find that his humor is much better in sketch comedy than actual movies. His movies are either hit or miss for me. Step Brothers? Hilarious. Talladega Nights? Stupid as ****.

Pretty much if you count on Ferrell to write a joke and deliver it it sucks, but if you take a random joke and have him interpret it...then you you have a chance with it.

-King- 12-19-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10291732)
People either "get" this oddball sense of humor or they don't. I know a few people who hated the first one.
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont hate it, but I do think it's stupid as hell. Step Brothers is by far the funniest Will Ferrell movie to me.

BigBeauford 12-19-2013 04:36 PM

I am not sure if Anchorman holds up as well today. I watched it recently and must say I don't think it to be that funny now.

gblowfish 12-19-2013 04:37 PM

I thought Semi-Pro about the ABA was a funny movie.

Valiant 12-19-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

People either "get" this oddball sense of humor or they don't. I know a few people who hated the first one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do those same people think that Seinfeld was funny?

CoMoChief 12-19-2013 10:28 PM

Just got back from seeing this. It's worth seeing it if you liked the first one.

A few parts where you're kinda wanting them to just move on to the next scene, but overall it was pretty entertaining.

Steve Carrell doesn't disappoint in this movie. Whatever that SNL chick's name is, the one who plays Carrell's moronic counterpart, plays the part well and they feed off of eachother. The only one thing that is kinda disappointing and is prob a big reason sequels (esp in comedies) aren't as good as the orig is because the orig was all about the character development etc. In the sequel you already know the characters so there isn't that first initial gotcha moment. There's a lot of "I Love Lamp" and that kinda shit from him.

But if you didn't like the first one, I wouldn't see this in theatre. If you liked the first one, then it's worth seeing. Not as good as the orig as the cliche' saying goes...but I enjoyed it.

Gravedigger 12-20-2013 01:15 AM

So many great movies out, Hobbit Desolation of Smaug, Anchorman 2, American Hustle, Saving Mr. Banks, too many choices!

BWillie 12-20-2013 01:36 AM

Is the Hobbit just an extension of Lord of the Rings? I saw it has that turdball Orlando Bloom in it. If so, definitely not seeing it.

Baby Lee 12-20-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10295881)
Is the Hobbit just an extension of Lord of the Rings? I saw it has that turdball Orlando Bloom in it. If so, definitely not seeing it.

Same world, different era and adventure.

Many long-lived characters are there as their younger selves.

The Franchise 12-20-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10295881)

Extension? No.

Prequel? Yes.

Anyong Bluth 12-20-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly, I went to see the 1st one with one of my best friend's, and the girl who he had just recently started dating at the time ended up tagging along with us to see it.

I was enjoying myself and he and I were laughing our asses off- she may as well been a dead cricket, because I didn't hear a chirp out of her I don't think for the whole movie. I asked him if she was that quiet in the sack also.

Needless to say she didn't last very long other than being banging attractive, and he knew full well he wasn't sticking with her for long, but she was rather submissive and open to being risqué. For the next 2 months he pretty much made a game out of seeing what she'd go along with such as bjs in the back of cabs, in his office, sex at 1 of her friend's wedding receptions, etc.

Anyong Bluth 12-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10293277)

I can see this, and kind of agree with you on that- his comedy shorts on funny or die are great, he's always hilarious when doing small cameos like in Eastbound and Down . Not that I don't like his movies, it's just a tougher feat to pull off the staying power for a 90+ minute movie.

CoMoChief 12-20-2013 01:46 PM

For the most part, Ferrell is at his funniest when he's teamed up with another person(s).

Sometimes there's a little bit too much of Ferrell. When he goes over the top stupid I think a middle schooler would laugh at him, but the general public would not.

Pepe Silvia 12-20-2013 02:09 PM

I thought the first one was hilarious but I know a lot of people who hated it. I have to be honest I'm 50/50 on Will Ferrel, like someone already said he's better in small doses.