ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

DJ's left nut 03-30-2012 01:45 PM

Bosschief - send your PM to Nightfyre, he has my pick for Carolina.

reeruned ass Nubs fan...

Titty Meat 03-30-2012 03:04 PM

I'm surprised this guy hasn't been drafted upside alone makes him a middle round pick.

Indianapolis Colts Select Adrien Robinson Tight End Cincinnati

Titty Meat 03-30-2012 03:11 PM

Colts Draft:

Round 1: Andrew Luck (Franchise QB)
Round 2: Reuben Randle (Great WR prospect)
Round 3: Chris Polk (Quality starter)
Round 4: Michael Egnew (Scouts say he has the best hands out of any tight end in the draft)
Round 5: Billy Wynn (Rotational d-linemen)
Round 6: Cliff Harris ( Raw CB with great play making ability/ Returner)
Round 7: Terrell Manning (4th round grade)
Round 7: Adrien Robinson (Great upside with identical stats as Jimmy Graham)

Colts fans would be pleased with that draft.

BossChief 03-30-2012 06:32 PM

With the team having a dire need at safety after being already thin and then releasing Yeremiah Bell, I am actually excited that this kid is still there to pick.

To be honest, I was gonna take him in the 4th or 5th round and then kinda forgot about him.

He has a history at corner, so he can cover but is 6'3'' and there arent many of those guys that can play corner in the NFL at that size...good for him he moved to safety last year.

He blew up with 102 tackles and 3 picks in his first year at safety.

Its not often that a team gets 2 starting quality safeties with investments of only 6th and 7th round picks.

In the 7th round of the 2012 NFL draft, The Miami Dolphins select

Neiko Thorpe, FS, Auburn

That concludes the Dolphins draft and here is my haul:

Courtney Upshaw
Nick Foles
Nicholas Jean-Baptiste
Andrew Darko
T.Y. Hilton
Delano Howell
Neiko Thorpe

Lots of potential there.

Nightfyre 03-30-2012 09:13 PM

DJ PM'd me indicating he would like to select Marcus Forston, DT, Miami

Nightfyre 03-30-2012 09:23 PM

The Bills select Elvis Akpla, WR, Montana State

Dude's gonna play on Sundays. He was a huge playmaker at Montana State.

The Franchise 03-31-2012 03:36 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs select Akiem Hicks, NT, Regina University (Canada).

He's from Canada.....eh.

Nightfyre 03-31-2012 03:37 PM

DJ didn't send me his picks for the Lions.

DaKCMan AP 04-01-2012 03:06 PM

http://mattrosales.com/travel/upload...own-760455.JPG

DJ's left nut 04-01-2012 03:38 PM

Shit.

Sorry folks, didn't realize the Lions were up again that quickly.

The Lions go with the other high-ceiling Miami D-Lineman that probably came out a little too early:

The Lions select: Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami.

Has the skills to be a 2nd rounder but got suspended in the Shapiro thing and foolishly left a season early. May never amount to anything, but the talent's way too good to pass up this late.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2012 03:52 PM

So ends my Panthers draft:

1st) Quinton Coples, DE, UNC -- Most talented end in the draft and has the potential to be a premier 3-down DE and pass-rushing force. There are motor issues, or he'd be considered a potential top 5 selection. His physical skills are virtually without peer.

2nd) Brandon Thompson, DT, Syracuse -- Just a rock-solid player. Carolina got abused in the middle and really needed more talent on the interior. Thompson has the potential to play the Nose in a 4-3 and can provide a premium run-stuffer with solid pass-rushing skills. Unlikely to be a true game-changer, but could easily be a strong 6-8 year starter.

3rd) Traded for Greg Olson

4th) Brandon Mosely, OT, Auburn -- Newton's LT at Auburn. Has the physical skills to play as a rookie, but probably shouldn't start due to the fact that he only has 3 years on the O-Line. With solid but aging bookends on the line, Carolina needed to find a young Tackle that can contribute now and start in a year or two. Mosely's a perfect fit and even has the athletic ability to slide over to LT someday. Getting those skills in the 4th round is unexpected.

5th) Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas -- Big, strong, fast. Extremely talented player with good hands that fought an injury to start the season. He got better as the year went on and flashed the speed he showed as a youngster. Very high upside.

6th) Jeff Fuller, WR, A&M -- Possession WR with plus body control and erratic hands. If his hands develop a little more, he has the ability to be Mushin Muhammed.

7th) Marcus Forston, DT, Miami -- No idea why he lasted this long. This kid is a potential starter in a 4-3 by as early as 2013. He could go as early as the 3rd round, but will almost certainly be gone by the 4th. He doesn't play with great leverage but is strong and surprisingly quick. He and Thompson could absolutely rip it up in a couple of years, both as run-stuffers and pass rushers. Paired with Coples on the end, the Panthers added enough talent to control lines for years to come.

The draft ended up slightly redundant, but all in areas of extreme need for the Panthers. Further, the 'redundancies' came in the late rounds and came at extremely high values. It would've been nice to get a CB with that 3rd rounder, but otherwise the board just didn't fall right to draft one. Instead the Panthers have adopted the Giants model of raising hell in the trenches.

DaKCMan AP 04-01-2012 04:17 PM

Surprised this guy is still on the board in the 7th round. Homer pick or not he is a very athletic guy who can provide high-motor play in spurts. Should be an immediate rotational player who provides interior d-line depth for the Bears.

The Chicago Bears select Jaye Howard, DT, Florida.

DaKCMan AP 04-01-2012 04:17 PM

Bears are done:

1.19 Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
2.50 Dwayne Allen, Te, Clemson
3.73 Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
3.79 Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
4.110 Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisville
5.141 Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee
6.172 Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas
7.202 Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

DeezNutz 04-01-2012 07:23 PM

The Arizona Cardinals select:

Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina St.

And with that, I've won yet another draft.

BossChief 04-01-2012 07:30 PM

We need to pick up the pace if we are gonna get this thing done before the real draft.

Seriously, folks.