ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jayice Pearson commentator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168886)

Phobia 08-30-2007 08:58 PM

Jayice Pearson commentator

I've heard dozens of criticisms of Jayice on this board over the years. I don't think I've heard anybody give him praise. I actually enjoy his commentary. He's the anti-Madden, giving plenty of technical discussion about the game, especially in the defensive secondary which is obviously his specialty. I like the guy.

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 08:59 PM

I've always liked his commentating as well, i never knew people bitched about him.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:01 PM

I never enjoyed his commentary. He criticizes non-stop. I very rarely caught anything somewhat positive - excluding Colquitt praise, which is deserved. I really have no reason for this, but I think he's a douchebag.

And how do the hell do you get Jay-C out of Jayice? Dumb.

KcMizzou 08-30-2007 09:02 PM

He was just begging for the Chiefs to run a little pump and go off that quick slant.

"Come on! Let them have a little fun! I guarantee a big play!"

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
I never enjoyed his commentary. He criticizes non-stop. I very rarely caught anything somewhat positive - excluding Colquitt praise, which is deserved. I really have no reason for this, but I think he's a douchebag.

And how do the hell do you get Jay-C out of Jayice? Dumb.

Are you watching the same team I am, cause there is nothing out there that has been good, other than Colquitt.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Are you watching the same team I am, cause there is nothing out there that has been good, other than Colquitt.

Doesn't mean he has to constantly criticize and be negative? I saw some things out there tonight which were positive. I guess you overlooked them.

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Doesn't mean he has to constantly criticize and be negative? I saw some things out there tonight which were positive. I guess you overlooked them.

we made a fg, derrick ross looked real good, and sippio caught a few passes and carried defenders. The defense got shredded and held up the second half, scrub to scrub. Anything else i missed?

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
we made a fg, derrick ross looked real good, and sippio caught a few passes and carried defenders. The defense got shredded and held up the second half, scrub to scrub. Anything else i missed?

I think you got it. But, my point was to reiterate positive aspects from a horrible game. Something Pearson decided not to comment on. But, make no doubts about it, I would much rather have Pearson then Randy Cross.

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

I think you got it. But, my point was to reiterate positive aspects from a horrible game. Something Pearson decided not to comment on. But, make no doubts about it, I would much rather have Pearson then Randy Cross.

I concur.

It's been a very disappointing pre-season to say the least, in the past ive seen him say good things, even len dawson has been disgusted thoroughly by our play on the radio.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:12 PM

I agree. Horrible offseason. But, I'm the type of person to try and point out the positive aspects first and foremost before pointing out the constant negatives.

boogblaster 08-30-2007 09:13 PM

He's damn sure better watching than he was playing.....

Phobia 08-30-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

I've heard him praise about equally. He's drooled all over Wilkerson and Ross most the night. I think he's a little more critical of DBs. I think that's to be expected.

BigRock 08-30-2007 09:23 PM

He does have a tendancy to focus more on what a player or unit did wrong on a play than what the other side did right. I've noticed that in his regular season work. But I've never really thought of it as a negative. And it would be especially useful in the preseason when he's really just analyzing one particular side.

The biggest problem I have with the KC TV team is that they're awful about reporting on the subs. They'll talk about certain guys being in the game, and then a few plays later they'll call Benny Sapp or somebody making a tackle. And it's like "when did Sapp come in?".

Not every preseason broadcast team is great at that, but some are right on top of every substitution. The KC guys should work on that.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:27 PM

Something that bothers me about KC broadcasts are those stupid ****ing Wendy's commercials.

KcMizzou 08-30-2007 09:28 PM

I'm more annoyed by the horrible picture quality.