ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Let me hear your rage over these gun control ads (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272174)

BucEyedPea 04-17-2013 10:21 AM

Who's this group—Moms Demand Action. Sounds like it was started by the WH and is not grassroots.

Bowser 04-17-2013 11:23 AM

Ah, I remember fondly the "bring the biggest gun you got to school" days.

LOCOChief 04-17-2013 02:27 PM

At my high school in 1982 you would see every other pick up in the parking lot with a gun rack in the back window and a gun in it. Times are a changin.

LiveSteam 04-17-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9596301)
At my high school in 1982 you would see every other pick up in the parking lot with a gun rack in the back window and a gun in it. Times are a changin.

We quit leaving them in our cars after a couple were stolen. After that we just took them to the shop teacher's & left them in their office till after school.
Hell Smitty our metals teacher went pheasant hunting with us several times after school.

InChiefsHell 04-17-2013 03:08 PM

I had a buddy and a couple of friends he hunted with bring his shotguns to school for an assignement! Something about leisure activity or something. Even had a picture of him and his buddies for the yearbook, posing with their ****ing shotguns. This would have been about 1986 or so...

BigChiefTablet 04-17-2013 03:11 PM

So Little Red Riding Hood and chocolate eggs have been banned from schools. (disingenuous at best, since Little Red Riding Hood was only banned in two California school districts, and the only chocolate eggs that were banned were the one with a toy inside the chocolate that could possibly cause a choking hazard. But I will agree that banning both of these things was pretty stupid, but I don't live in California and I'm not stupid enough to choke on a toy.)

Are they trying to say guns aren't banned from schools?

Are they trying to say that Little Red Riding Hood and chocolate eggs are banned everywhere in the US?

Saul Good 04-17-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9596301)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9596373)
We quit leaving them in our cars after a couple were stolen. After that we just took them to the shop teacher's & left them in their office till after school.
Hell Smitty our metals teacher went pheasant hunting with us several times after school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9596408)
I had a buddy and a couple of friends he hunted with bring his shotguns to school for an assignement! Something about leisure activity or something. Even had a picture of him and his buddies for the yearbook, posing with their ****ing shotguns. This would have been about 1986 or so...

You all must have seen a lot of your friends get mowed down by law abiding gun owners.

BucEyedPea 04-17-2013 04:40 PM

I doubt a grassroots mommy group had the money to hire such slick graphic designers.

BigChiefTablet 04-17-2013 08:13 PM

Notice in one picture in the background it says agenda, and in the other one in the background it says fiction. That about sums it up.

LiveSteam 04-17-2013 08:21 PM

nlmnlmnlmnlmnlmnlm

listopencil 04-18-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9597532)
Notice in one picture in the background it says agenda, and in the other one in the background it says fiction. That about sums it up.

Wow. That's a stunning observation. Makes me wonder if these are fake ads placed by pro gun lobbies.

BigChiefTablet 04-18-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9599387)
Wow. That's a stunning observation. Makes me wonder if these are fake ads placed by pro gun lobbies.

Of course. It must be the pro gun lobbies. :rolleyes:

Jesus Crispy Creme Christ. Why don't you try google?

BucEyedPea 04-18-2013 12:05 PM

I think he was being sarcastic.

BigChiefTablet 04-18-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9599561)
I think he was being sarcastic.

My bad then.

Fish 04-18-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9596373)

Pffff.... My FFA/Shop/Ag teacher hosted many keggers for us students at his farm. We built a 4 person octagon shaped air hockey table in shop class, and kept it at his house, and we'd drink beer and play air hockey there all the time.

Those were the good ol' days....