ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports OKC Thunder trade James Harden to Houston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265791)

Death2CasselFans 10-27-2012 11:31 PM

OKC Thunder trade James Harden to Houston

Jim Presti pulls a Pioli :evil:

Quote:

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden, Daequan Cook, Lazar Hayward and Cole Aldrich to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin and future draft picks, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder were unable to come to terms with their star swingman Harden on a contract extension and chose to break up their star trio of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Harden.
Link

okcchief 10-27-2012 11:37 PM

There's already a thread.

It's Sam Presti.

It's far from a Pioli.

Kill yourself.

RunKC 10-27-2012 11:39 PM

He had no choice. Shooting G's are way easier to find than big defenders. Two 1st round picks in return is great compensation.

But honestly, being from OKC, I've never seen such whiney fans. Maybe it's because OU got their shit rocked, but my God. People in Oklahoma are calling Harden greedy and selfish because he wouldn't stay in OKC.

Really? A guy gets his dream shot to start, plus he's leaving a podonk town for Houston with millions more in his pocket?

ROFL

okcchief 10-27-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9055699)
He had no choice. Shooting G's are way easier to find than big defenders. Two 1st round picks in return is great compensation.

But honestly, being from OKC, I've never seen such whiney fans. Maybe it's because OU got their shit rocked, but my God. People in Oklahoma are calling Harden greedy and selfish because he wouldn't stay in OKC.

Really? A guy gets his dream shot to start, plus he's leaving a podonk town for Houston with millions more in his pocket?

ROFL

I still like Harden. I think it's more about wanting to be the guy than money. I'm honestly not sure he's good enough to be the guy.

The worst thing about Thunder fans is many are OU fans, and yes they are whinny bitches. That goes for pretty much all fan bases though.

Death2CasselFans 10-27-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9055696)
There's already a thread.

It's Sam Presti.

It's far from a Pioli.

Kill yourself.

want to bet this thread will have more people because its actually titled correctly.

BWillie 10-27-2012 11:52 PM

Sam Presti doesnt make mistakes. If you dont understand this trade now. You will in two yrs and youll be like eureka dat dude a genius

CoMoChief 10-27-2012 11:58 PM

As long as OKC has Durant and Westbrook...that team is a NBA finals contender.

kcxiv 10-28-2012 12:02 AM

its a good trade in the long run. short term maybe not. HE did NOT pull a Pioli.

okcchief 10-28-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9055735)
its a good trade in the long run. short term maybe not. HE did NOT pull a Pioli.

Presti reached for Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, and James Harden.

Pioli reached for Tyson Jackson, Dexter McCluster and Dontari Poe.

I dream if the day that the Chiefs get their Sam Presti.

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2CasselFans (Post 9055708)
want to bet this thread will have more people because its actually titled correctly.

I will take that bet, considering it

A) Has 5 more pages
B) Is the Official NBA Season Thread and will have eleven billion more posts than this thread by the end of the year

Bump 10-28-2012 12:16 AM

I hope Cole gets some PT in Houston

58-4ever 10-28-2012 07:00 AM

Martin will be the spark plug off the bench, Lamb has potential, and two first round picks (one of them a guaranteed lottery pick). That's more than the Magic got for Dwight Howard. Presti is a genius until proven otherwise.

Al Bundy 10-28-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2CasselFans (Post 9055708)

I'll take that bet....

okcchief 10-28-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9056094)
Martin will be the spark plug off the bench, Lamb has potential, and two first round picks (one of them a guaranteed lottery pick). That's more than the Magic got for Dwight Howard. Presti is a genius until proven otherwise.

They got a lot. It's still kind of hard to imagine going to the game this week and not seeing the beard come off the bench.

mcaj22 10-28-2012 09:02 AM

that is a haul

do Oklahoma City Thunder homers have no idea who guys in the rest of the league are except their little trio?

I mean the fall off between Harden and Kevin Martin alone has to be so small. You could almost argue that Martin might be an UPGRADE. Dude has been a pure scorer on bad teams for years. Plug him in as the #1 option in the 2nd unit and the Thunder have scoring depth all game

plus Lamb and the draft picks. my goodness.