ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Starcraft II! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163255)

oaklandhater 10-11-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5103605)
Wonderful! This changes everything.

thats an extra 20$ there takeing from me the bastards...

007 10-11-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 5103347)
Word is blizzard is leaning towards a 59.99$ per so $180

If they do that I won't even buy one.l

They make it sound like the second and third will be treated similar to a add-on so those might only be $30 each. Either way its BS and a massive money grab on their part.

Mr Luzcious 10-11-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 5103740)
thats an extra 20$ there takeing from me the bastards...

And 100% that they're losing from me.

007 10-11-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5103810)
And 100% that they're losing from me.

Yep. Same here.

Won't stop everyone from buying though.:shake:

Mr Luzcious 10-11-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5103836)
Yep. Same here.

Won't stop everyone from buying though.:shake:

Its not that I want it to bomb or anything. If you think its going to be a good enough game to be worth that kind of money (and have that kind of money), then more power to you.

007 10-11-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5103918)
Its not that I want it to bomb or anything. If you think its going to be a good enough game to be worth that kind of money (and have that kind of money), then more power to you.

I want it to bomb if this is how they plan to market it.:grr:

Mr Luzcious 10-11-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5103959)
I want it to bomb if this is how they plan to market it.:grr:

I do think they're shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Next up: A different game for every class in Diablo.

007 10-11-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5103973)
I do think they're shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Next up: A different game for every class in Diablo.

We can blame Steam for this though. They started the episodic releases. Now Blizzard is going to try to get three releases out of one for regular price instead of limited price.

oaklandhater 10-11-2008 11:35 AM

the thing that pisses me off the most is they said each one will effect multiplayer so are they planing on spliting up the SC 2 b.net playerbase in to 3 parts....?

Mr Luzcious 10-11-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5104002)
We can blame Steam for this though. They started the episodic releases. Now Blizzard is going to try to get three releases out of one for regular price instead of limited price.

I don't think so. Episodic games aren't anything new. And I don't think Blizzard is getting any inspiration from them either, I'm pretty sure they have other motivations.

oaklandhater 10-11-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5104026)
I don't think so. Episodic games aren't anything new. And I don't think Blizzard is getting any inspiration from them either, I'm pretty sure they have other motivations.

Like killing B.net by splitting its playerbase in to 3 parts ?

Mr Luzcious 10-11-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 5104037)
Like killing B.net by splitting its playerbase in to 3 parts ?

That does suck. It also contributes to my decision not to get the game.

007 10-13-2008 10:35 PM

It gets worse...

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/13/bl...plan/#comments

Blizzard's Vice President of Game Design Rob Pardo wants us to think about Starcraft 2's two followups, containing the Zerg and Protoss single player campaigns, as expansion packs, so does that mean they won't contain as much gameplay as the Terran-based initial game? Plus, you'll have to wait at least whole year between "expansions." Said Pardo, "With any luck, it would be like a year for each successive one, but that's going to be a target date, that's not a promise."

Since SC2 won't be out until 2009, you won't be able to play the Protoss single player until at least 2011. That's a long time to wait. Check out what Rob said after the break, and start yer speculatin'.

With the announcement about Starcraft 2 being a trilogy, do we know how long it'll be between releases?

We don't know yet, because we don't even know when the first game is getting released yet. I think there's some feeling out there that because we're treating each of the campaigns as almost like separate products, that people have somehow confused that into they're going to be separate products. In a lot of ways, you should think about the follow-ups as being kind of expansion sets to the original. It's just that the campaigns are not going to feel like expansions, they're going to feel like full, independent stories.

So, you know with any luck, it would be like a year for each successive one, but that's going to be a target date, that's not a promise.

Do you know what the pricing on it will be? People are bristling at the thought of having to pay for a game three times.

We would do the retail price based on the value that we're putting in the box. So, if the value in the box is less than the original, then we're going to price it like that. We're not just trying to get people to pay full price for something that's less, if the followups end up having the feature set of an expansion, then that's how they'll get priced.

So now you can't even play as Protoss until 2011 at the earliest. Guess I will be waiting for the box set in 2012

CHIEF4EVER 10-13-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 3989813)
Every Wednesday night with some friends from college. It's the only decent online game I can play on dialup.

AOE II, AOE III, and EE all function very well on dialup as well. :D

Sure-Oz 10-14-2008 08:41 AM

3 different games, bahhh
not thrilled