ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Greatest needs for the Chiefs in the draft... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269320)

whoman69 01-25-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9351376)
QB, CB, DE, ILB, LG

We've taken a guard most of the last drafts including last year.

ChiefMojo 01-25-2013 08:50 PM

True but we are still technically adding depth along the OL. One of the main knocks against Pioli (outside QB) was the lack of quality depth we had along the lines. We started to address it some this past draft but there is still more to be had there. Basically need to replace the depth lost by the retirement of Lilja.

RyFo18 01-25-2013 09:34 PM

Biggest need is to find guys that are part of the right 53, amirite?

AussieChiefsFan 01-25-2013 09:39 PM

QB
CB
DE

Nickel D 01-25-2013 09:50 PM

OT
QB
WR
G
C
CB
OT

Rambozo 01-25-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9351395)
Why did that Jacob guy on twitter say Left Tackle was the #2 need?

Whatever..

Anyways, it goes QB, CB, WR, DE, ILB, then some O-line depth as well as safety depth.

Because Stephens is our only LT under contract?

KCFaninSEA 01-25-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9351437)
QB, QB, CB, ILB.

I don't really see WR as a big need if we get D bowe signed back up. Our lack of production at WR was large in part due to our abysmal QB play. I think Breaston will be back in the fold now, and I still hold out some hope for Baldwin.

I gotta disagree. Baldwin and Breaston are worse at their position than Arenas is at CB. I think a stud WR helps the new QB out immensely. This offense needs weapons to open it up for Bowe and JC, assuming DB stays. If he doesn't stay, it is a no brainer but even if he does I would really like to see Hopkins from Clemson wearing red. I am still holding out hope on Moeaki

My list. QB, WR, CB, S, DE

keg in kc 01-25-2013 10:23 PM

QB, QB, QB, CB, S, ILB, WR.

jspchief 01-25-2013 10:23 PM

Amazing that last year we had almost no "needs" and this year we suddenly have a laundry list. That's what happens when you use high picks on gadget players like McCluster and depth like Stephenson.

Wonder if Menzie will amount to anything? Nice that we're going to start paying the price for Pioli's terrible drafts.

ForeverChiefs58 01-25-2013 10:54 PM

1st rd-QB-Greatest need of course

Chiefs should then draft the best CB/S/ILB/DE available, as any of these holes could be argued as a bigger need from the other.

I wouldn't include a position where a hole could be filled by resigning the starter that plays at a higher level. This team has enough holes, and shouldn't add more draft needs by letting our already good starters walk.

ForeverChiefs58 01-25-2013 10:58 PM

If the chiefs FO is just as inept as the last, and can't get Albert and Bowe signed, then OT and WR obviously would become bigger priorities

RealSNR 01-25-2013 11:10 PM

QB and CB. Period. In that order.

We REALLY need a S, WR, and somebody who doesn't suck on the DL. Get them whenever and wherever you can find them.

Everything else, whatever. I'm just fine with not drafting a LG. I mean, we did that last year and now we're going back to the draft because that guy is unproven? Then what's the point of drafting that position in the first ****ing place?

Same kind of goes for ILB. In my mock in Draft Planet I have a guy that I hope we draft, but I know Reid doesn't always go for LBs. Our defense is not going to live or die just because we have Brandon Siler starting for us.

Other than that, just draft good players, please. Don't care what position they are. But if you can, stay away from the tackles.

NJChiefsFan 01-25-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9351851)
QB and CB. Period. In that order.

We REALLY need a S, WR, and somebody who doesn't suck on the DL. Get them whenever and wherever you can find them.

Very well said. I agree. I also think there is a very good chance we could walk away with both after the 34th pick in the draft. Especially is NE somehow doesn't take a DB.

RealSNR 01-25-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9351874)
Very well said. I agree. I also think there is a very good chance we could walk away with both after the 34th pick in the draft. Especially is NE somehow doesn't take a DB.

With this draft's incredibly insane depth at CB and S, we're going to find some pretty good starters going into the 2nd, 3rd, and possibly even 4th rounds.

If we found a franchise QB with the first pick but everything else busted, this would be possibly the best Chiefs draft in franchise history. The awesome part is the deep parts of this draft correspond quite well to our positions of need.

This year has the potential to make 2008 look like a ****ing Vermeil draft.

NJChiefsFan 01-25-2013 11:35 PM

Yes, and as our good friend Rambob fails to understand, getting a QB will fix other positions on its own. Not that it will make you a SB team, work obviously needs to be done elsewhere. But getting a real QB makes others not have to play perfectly. You don't need the Oline to be an A every game, or for Bowe/Charles to drag the QB down the field. Can you imagine if the QB actually picked up the defense, for even TWO games a year?!