ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Discussion: NSFW images in spoiler tags (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269468)

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9362833)
Couldn't.

****. That's one of my pet peeves, too.

:shake:

Hoover 01-29-2013 06:34 PM

So you're telling me that I should be looking at NSFW spoilers because my tech people think I'm looking at it anyway?

Well OK Then...

007 01-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9362825)
Here's a thought, with the caveat that I DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK.

I found another site out there in the world that has a NSFW tag. According to the description, it doesn't load the image until after the person clicks the link. This would also make sure that it's clear that this isn't a spoiler and is truly a way of masking the image.

Is that something that those against the spoiler route would be OK with?

(Other mods feel free to chime in on this as well, either publicly or privately.)

That looks like a viable option

Sorter 01-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9362825)
Here's a thought, with the caveat that I DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK.

I found another site out there in the world that has a NSFW tag. According to the description, it doesn't load the image until after the person clicks the link. This would also make sure that it's clear that this isn't a spoiler and is truly a way of masking the image.

Is that something that those against the spoiler route would be OK with?

(Other mods feel free to chime in on this as well, either publicly or privately.)

me gusta

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362827)
No, I could give a shit on my home computer. It's an example.

Then why even say it?

I can totally understand not wanting to have pics with graphic nudity stuck in the cache of your work PC, possibly without you even knowing it.

I think we need to differentiate between things like nude pictures and pictures with the word **** in them.

That's just me.

Sorter 01-29-2013 06:35 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9362846)
So you're telling me that I should be looking at NSFW spoilers because my tech people think I'm looking at it anyway?

Well OK Then...

BigRedChief 01-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9362846)

Well OK Then...

yep. Tell em I said it was okay.

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362824)
Is Sorter's use of the spoiler tags earlier in this thread filter evasion?

Yes.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9362828)
my work has free wifi so I just bring my laptop with me and surf whatever the **** I want under a fake name and keep everything on the work computer right next to me work related! Must be nice, I know =)

I work out of my house and have my home PC and my work PC hooked up to a KVM and switch back and forth. :D

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362853)
Yes.

Now see, I think that's just being too uptight about it.

That picture is funny. I want to see it.

I don't want to click a link to see it - I have no idea what's behind that link.

Sorter 01-29-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362853)
Yes.

Really?

I thought by marking a link NSFW and additionally encoding it in the spoiler tags but not making it an IMG and providing just the link was fine.

007 01-29-2013 06:37 PM

People still need to post this stuff in the pics forum and not any of the others

Hammock Parties 01-29-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9362828)
my work has free wifi so I just bring my laptop with me and surf whatever the **** I want under a fake name and keep everything on the work computer right next to me work related! Must be nice, I know =)

What does your boss think about that? ROFL

Sorter 01-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362855)
Now see, I think that's just being too uptight about it.

That picture is funny. I want to see it.

I don't want to click a link to see it - I have no idea what's behind that link.

A really sexy tattoo. :)

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362849)
Then why even say it?

I can totally understand not wanting to have pics with graphic nudity stuck in the cache of your work PC, possibly without you even knowing it.

I think we need to differentiate between things like nude pictures and pictures with the word **** in them.

That's just me.

Read the whole post. I was explaining that as far as this board's terms of service go, it doesn't matter where I'm looking at the board - at home, at work, at the library... that's why I hate the "you should work at work" argument for allowing things. Me being at work doesn't change the fact that it's against TOS.