ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

PaulAllen 02-08-2013 11:33 AM

Dorner was last seen with an M60 outside of Brian Dennehey's house.

Radar Chief 02-08-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387143)
He definitely has a persecution complex. I can imagine that he was hard as hell to get along with as well, as he seems extremely self-righteous and probably dogmatic to the point of seeming nearly autistic. His people skills likely sucked ass, in other words.

That doesn't make him wrong, though, but I can imagine that this guy wasn't exactly a good team player (not that being a team player is always a good thing, especially if you play for a team of crooks, thieves, and murderers).

Just heard on the news this morning that he’s a military trained sniper too. Those guys are loners, taught to survive on their own by remaining concealed and only revealing their position by taking a single, well placed shot.
This guy is a big problem for any PD, they’re probably going to have to bring in some other military snipers to hunt him down.

Chief_For_Life58 02-08-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9387174)
They drew first blood, not me.......
http://i.imgur.com/UlY3itJ.gif
Are you telling me that 200 men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

You send that many, don't forget one thing.

What?

A good supply of body bags.

haha yes

Bwana 02-08-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9387201)
Just heard on the news this morning that he’s a military trained sniper too. Those guys are loners, taught to survive on their own by remaining concealed and only revealing their position by taking a single, well placed shot.
This guy is a big problem for any PD, they’re probably going to have to bring in some other military snipers to hunt him down.

I have no doubt they will bring in snipers, but first they have to find him.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

He was in the Navy. Yeah, they have SEAL training, but we have no reason to believe that this was his role or that he rec'd any other 'high-speed' training.

Something tells me that was a fair amount of sensationalizing at work by the media. He appears to be a qualified expert marksman, but if you gave me a week or so to get back into shooting form, I could possibly qualify expert as well. It takes a very good shot, but not a great one.

And being a qualified marksman damn sure doesn't make you a 'sniper' in the sense that we think of; a guy hiding in bushes with windage instruments covered in deer piss so he doesn't spook the local fauna.

He's going to be a tough target, but lets not act like he's about to start dropping guys at 1,000 meters or anything.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

What?

Poor form.

You couldn't find a clip from First Blood? The rest of them kinda sucked...

Fairplay 02-08-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9387214)
I have no doubt they will bring in snipers, but first they have to find him.

I believe the military has heat sensor devices they can point at the area he is in and pick up body movement and pin point him. Add a drone for watching him from above and shoot a missile at him. Technology is cool.

The Franchise 02-08-2013 11:48 AM

I wonder how far it would have to go before they brought the military in.

Fairplay 02-08-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387232)
Poor form.

You couldn't find a clip from First Blood? The rest of them kinda sucked...

Actually I wanted a clip of Brian Dennehey but couldn't find one that was short.

blaise 02-08-2013 11:53 AM

They won't need military. They might need FBI because he may not even be in California anymore. But eventually he'll need money to keep going and someone's going to see him, and then they'll find him.

Bwana 02-08-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9387235)
I believe the military has heat sensor devices they can point at the area he is in and pick up body movement and pin point him. Add a drone for watching him from above and shoot a missile at him. Technology is cool.

So you think that's how this is all going to play out, getting taken out with a drone missile? I highly doubt it.

Easy 6 02-08-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Thought i heard that he'd only earned "marksman" on a rifle, thats the lowest rung of qualification in the army, as you know.

They better HOPE he isnt an actual sniper with a 50cal.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:02 PM

The wife is "up the mountain" right now.

I always get nervous when she makes her yearly trek back to Cali but this year my ass is a spaghetti press...

Fairplay 02-08-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9387273)
So you think that's how this is all going to play out, getting taken out with a drone missile? I highly doubt it.

Just a possibility, but pin point him first and send in a sniper team would be how i would approach it.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9387258)
They won't need military. They might need FBI because he may not even be in California anymore. But eventually he'll need money to keep going and someone's going to see him, and then they'll find him.

He will crave a McRib at some point, and then, KAPOWWIE!

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387292)
but this year my ass is a spaghetti press...

:hmmm:

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9387279)
Thought i heard that he'd only earned "marksman" on a rifle, thats the lowest rung of qualification in the army, as you know.

If he was, he'd have never missed the first officers he shot at.

NewChief is right - we have a guy that was probably wronged, but who ultimately also has a hell of a persecution complex and delusions of grandeur. And yeah, I bet he was a bit of a militant prick that was no fun to work with. I'm sorry, Tiger - you may be good, but you ain't that good. You're not going to just get the LAPD to scrap their playbook because you've read it before. Even a shitty plan is going to work with large numbers and technology on their side.

Even if he does have a .50 cal, he's not going to shoulder-mount the thing and take on the National Guard. And seeing as how the only person he's actually managed to kill during this rampage was a woman and her boyfriend and not any of the armed, trained officers he's targeted, well something tells me the guy isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is.

He'd have been smarter to just steal another boat and tool down to Mexico.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387308)

Clamped very tight due to nervousness...

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387314)
Clamped very tight due to nervousness...

I may never eat spaghetti again...

bevischief 02-08-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

There are enough nut jobs out there that will help him out.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387324)
I may never eat spaghetti again...

Low carb is better anyway...

Fish 02-08-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387302)
He will crave a McRib at some point, and then, KAPOWWIE!

The McRib brings them in every time.....

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

His job on his last deployment was to protect a fixed asset. He's not really what you probably think of when you hear "sniper." He's actually much more dangerous than that. He's been trained in a variety of skills including wilderness/urban survival, knowledge of high and low tech weaponry, tactics and strategy, military history and police procedure. The mention of his marksmanship rank is a ploy by the media to interject as much drama into this story as they can, what it really means is that he is proficient with his firearms. The truth is that if he doesn't want to be found...he won't be. The real danger is that (according to his manifesto) he's not hiding and trying to get away, he's maintaining a tactical position while inflicting the highest possible casualty rate. You should feel happy that he's not coming for you. I know that I wouldn't want to go after him. I seriously doubt that our military forces want to either. But they might have to eventually.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

He doesn't need money.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387335)

His job on his last deployment was to protect a fixed asset. He's not really what you probably think of when you hear "sniper." He's actually much more dangerous than that. He's been trained in a variety of skills including wilderness/urban survival, knowledge of high and low tech weaponry, tactics and strategy, military history and police procedure. The mention of his marksmanship rank is a ploy by the media to interject as much drama into this story as they can, what it really means is that he is proficient with his firearms. The truth is that if he doesn't want to be found...he won't be. The real danger is that (according to his manifesto) he's not hiding and trying to get away, he's maintaining a tactical position while inflicting the highest possible casualty rate. You should feel happy that he's not coming for you. I know that I wouldn't want to go after him. I seriously doubt that our military forces want to either. But they might have to eventually.

My bets are on the McRib flushing him out

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

He's not really what you probably think of when you hear "sniper." He's actually much more dangerous than that.

I'm not sure how he's "much more dangerous" than a sniper?

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387347)
My bets are on the McRib flushing him out

Did they bring it back again?

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387358)
Did they bring it back again?

I heard they are just for this purpose

Just Passin' By 02-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9387325)

Cops are shooting up old ladies because they're driving a truck. This guy may be the sanest person in the equation.

Easy 6 02-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387313)
If he was, he'd have never missed the first officers he shot at.

NewChief is right - we have a guy that was probably wronged, but who ultimately also has a hell of a persecution complex and delusions of grandeur. And yeah, I bet he was a bit of a militant prick that was no fun to work with. I'm sorry, Tiger - you may be good, but you ain't that good. You're not going to just get the LAPD to scrap their playbook because you've read it before. Even a shitty plan is going to work with large numbers and technology on their side.

Even if he does have a .50 cal, he's not going to shoulder-mount the thing and take on the National Guard. And seeing as how the only person he's actually managed to kill during this rampage was a woman and her boyfriend and not any of the armed, trained officers he's targeted, well something tells me the guy isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is.

He'd have been smarter to just steal another boat and tool down to Mexico.

Agreed, were he a sniper pretty much everyone he aimed at would be gone, particularly the two officers just across the intersection from him.

I bet they find him dead of a self-inflicted pretty soon.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387352)
I'm not sure how he's "much more dangerous" than a sniper?

He's more mobile, more knowledgeable, and better armed than a typical sniper.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387363)
I heard they are just for this purpose

He's a dead man.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9387367)
Agreed, were he a sniper pretty much everyone he aimed at would be gone, particularly the two officers just across the intersection from him.

I bet they find him dead of a self-inflicted pretty soon.

That's kinda my thinking.

He's been too quiet for too long. I'm guessing they find him leaning up against a tree with half a dome here in the near future.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

.The truth is that if he doesn't want to be found...he won't be. The real danger is that (according to his manifesto) he's not hiding and trying to get away, he's maintaining a tactical position while inflicting the highest possible casualty rate.

This.

He's got the best training in the world and he could hide under a refrigerator box with mud on his face and not even be noticed in an alley with his head down.

Him going all "Rambo" and taking to the woods sounds like BS to me...

Lex Luthor 02-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9386870)
He's not a good guy. But he's in a unique position to shine light on the hypocrisy of the media and the corruption in the police force.

Just stop. Your first sentence was fine. When you follow it with "But ...", you are excusing him.

He's a ****ing mass-murdering psychopath. There's no justification for his actions. None. There's no reason to feel one iota of sympathy for him. It doesn't matter if he feels like somebody wronged him: there's no excuse for him to be a ****ing mass-murdering psychopath, and anyone who roots for him in any way is a ****ing idiot.

I hope somebody shoots his dick off and he bleeds to death as slowly as painfully as possible.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387368)
He's more mobile, more knowledgeable, and better armed than a typical sniper.

This will drive a buddy of mine batshit insane. He's former active army (now a reserves Captain in Texas; his boys were actually doing the run/gun training in Houston that got everyone all pissed off). It drives him nuts to hear people talk about 'snipers' as though its the only thing they do.

'Sniper' isn't really a role; it's a qualification given to the highest of the high speed. In essence, you take a SEAL (or some other high-end unit, depending on the branch) that was already qualified in all that stuff, you see that he is a crack shot, then you send him out to a long-distance range every day until he can shoot flees off a dogs ass.

A 'Sniper' is going to have all the training you're discussing. That guy was trained to do all of that stuff well before he was given a big !@#$ing rifle and told to lay still for awhile. And if they took his big !@#$ing rifle away, he'd be more than capable of gutting you with a rock while surviving off his own piss.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9387381)
Just stop. Your first sentence was fine. When you follow it with "But ...", you are excusing him.

He's a ****ing mass-murdering psychopath. There's no justification for his actions. None. There's no reason to feel one iota of sympathy for him. It doesn't matter if he feels like somebody wronged him: there's no excuse for him to be a ****ing mass-murdering psychopath, and anyone who roots for him in any way is a ****ing idiot.

I hope somebody shoots his dick off and he bleeds to death as slowly as painfully as possible.

He's a domestic terrorist.

dirk digler 02-08-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

LMAO

You act like this guy is Rambo or Jason Bourne.

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9387396)
LMAO

Rambo is a very good comparison...

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387383)
This will drive a buddy of mine batshit insane. He's former active army (now a reserves Captain in Texas; his boys were actually doing the run/gun training in Houston that got everyone all pissed off). It drives him nuts to hear people talk about 'snipers' as though its the only thing they do.

'Sniper' isn't really a role; it's a qualification given to the highest of the high speed. In essence, you take a SEAL (or some other high-end unit, depending on the branch) that was already qualified in all that stuff, you see that he is a crack shot, then you send him out to a long-distance range every day until he can shoot flees off a dogs ass.

A 'Sniper' is going to have all the training you're discussing. That guy was trained to do all of that stuff well before he was given a big !@#$ing rifle and told to lay still for awhile. And if they took his big !@#$ing rifle away, he'd be more than capable of gutting you with a rock while surviving off his own piss.

Exactly. I'm not trying to act like snipers are super soldiers, but they're far more dangerous than the average enlisted person (which, when all is said and done, this guy appears to be). Of course, he does have his years on the police force that gives him some knowledge, but I don't think his skill set is particularly daunting.

Beef Supreme 02-08-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387384)
He's a domestic terrorist.

You can bet they are going to kill him without a trial.

ChiefMojo 02-08-2013 12:37 PM

I was going to say, what he is doing is being a real life Rambo.

PaulAllen 02-08-2013 12:38 PM

He eats things that would make a billy goat puke!

Lex Luthor 02-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9387407)
I was going to say, what he is doing is being a real life Rambo.

Um, no. Rambo didn't systematically hunt down and murder innocent people just because they were family members of somebody he didn't like.

blaise 02-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9387325)

Those kind of nut jobs normally can't keep their mouths shut.

Lex Luthor 02-08-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9387405)
You can bet they are going to kill him without a trial.

It's hard to get really worked up about that.

BigCatDaddy 02-08-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9387421)
Those kind of nut jobs normally can't keep their mouths shut.

And I'm sure he knows that. So him someone does help him I doubt he leaves any loose ends.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387400)

Or Martin Riggs

"I once did a guy in Laos at a half mile with a heavy crosswind. Maybe 5 guys in the world could've made that shot. Killing is all I know."

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387383)

Sure, not like a sniper can't do anything else. I'm saying that it's not what he's doing. He's arming himself differently than that, his "mission" is going to be more complicated than that, and he has more knowledge of his targets than a sniper typically would.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9387396)
LMAO

Nah. You don't have to be to do what he is doing.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9387403)
Exactly. I'm not trying to act like snipers are super soldiers, but they're far more dangerous than the average enlisted person (which, when all is said and done, this guy appears to be). Of course, he does have his years on the police force that gives him some knowledge, but I don't think his skill set is particularly daunting.

If only the greatest sniper in United States history was still around to off him...

Damn you fate, damn you to hell...

The Franchise 02-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387438)
If only the greatest sniper in United States history was still around to off him...

Damn you fate, damn you to hell...

Do we know where this guy was at when that went down?

Rausch 02-08-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387438)

He's retired...

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9387420)
It's hard to get really worked up about that.

I disagree pretty vehemently here.

I'd like to hear this man speak to both his actions and his accusations. The people he's killed are dead and shall remain dead one way or the other. If one of the same triggerhappy ****s that just shot up a couple of asian women in a blue pickup when they were looking for a single large black man in a grey pickup blow the guy away, we've gained nothing as a group.

On the other hand, if the man faces trial and can somehow testify to this, we could either bring a great deal of corruption in the LAPD to light (which is the most likely scenario) or put the allegations to bed. Either way, it's a good thing for the rest of the country.

But it's not going to happen. I think he's already dead.

dirk digler 02-08-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387400)

Not really. Rambo was a spec-ops operator this guy is not even close. He has the same training as Private in the USMC out of bootcamp.

Let's be honest he is a Navy guy (outside of SEALS) he can't be that dangerous.

NewChief 02-08-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9387444)
He's retired...

.... permanently.

listopencil 02-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387447)

I'd like to hear this man speak to both his actions and his accusations. The people he's killed are dead and shall remain dead one way or the other. If one of the same triggerhappy ****s that just shot up a couple of asian women in a blue pickup when they were looking for a single large black man in a grey pickup blow the guy away, we've gained nothing as a group.

On the other hand, if the man faces trial and can somehow testify to this, we could either bring a great deal of corruption in the LAPD to light (which is the most likely scenario) or put the allegations to bed. Either way, it's a good thing for the rest of the country.

Yup.

ReynardMuldrake 02-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

What?

http://i.imgur.com/DSzq3.gif

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9387451)
Not really. Rambo was a spec-ops operator this guy is not even close. He has the same training as Private in the USMC out of bootcamp.

Let's be hones he is a Navy guy (outside of SEALS) he can't be that dangerous.

Yeah, that's the feeling I'm starting to get of the guy as well.

I think Listo's overstating him a bit here. Again, if this guy was that hardcore, we'd already have 3 dead officers on our hands. Instead he just winged a couple of them and ran into hiding.

I have no doubt that his experience in the force and his training in the Navy will help him here. However, I don't think he'll be this scourge of South County now that the LAPD has had the chance to mobilize and respond.

The time for him to do his damage was at the start of the rampage. He could've done a lot of harm before the LAPD had the opportunity to counter-attack. Instead he took one shot, did a lousy job of it and then went into hiding.

I'm glad he's not hunting me, mind you. But at the same time, I don't think he's going to get anyone else either.

GloryDayz 02-08-2013 12:58 PM

Upholding Rodney King's honor I guess...

BigCatDaddy 02-08-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Damn you. I like Listo's post much better as it makes for better theater so get on the boat with this dude is 1/4 of the A-Team of quit posting.

GloryDayz 02-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Let the service rivalries begin! ROFL

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...MDKYi8Skx_-9VQ

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pgdogCpLOi...ves%5B3%5D.jpg

Chief_For_Life58 02-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

if its a drinking contest on the other hand...

Radar Chief 02-08-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9387279)

I’m just now catching up on this story but the report I heard around lunch was that he graduated, and served some time as a sniper. Of course that came from MSN so it may be FOS.

KChiefer 02-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387447)

Sorry man but any further testimony by him is forfeit. I'm sure the dildo that held that kid captive recently had a lot to say as well, it needn't be heard. And yeah, offing himself would be a great way to beat thermal detection.

I'm wondering why he didn't go a more serial killer route. So far his grand revenge has killed one cop he doesn't know, two family members of someone he hates, and wounded paperboys. He'd probably see being a serial killer as dishonorable and would risk not getting his manifesto out in the public, but so far the strongest case he's making is "beware psychos."

PS: he did kill one officer yes? I thought he killed one and winged another.

SAUTO 02-08-2013 01:08 PM

damn DJ i have agreed with you all they way till now. i dont think he will kill himself.

he wants an apology. after that he might

The Franchise 02-08-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9387486)
damn DJ i have agreed with you all they way till now. i dont think he will kill himself.

He might as well kill himself because it's doubtful that he's ever getting one.

listopencil 02-08-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9387468)
Damn you. I like Listo's post much better as it makes for better theater so get on the boat with this dude is 1/4 of the A-Team or quit posting.

LOL. I'm trying to point out the differences between him and the "normal" people you meet every day. The most dangerous thing about him is that he has the will to do this and at that he has stated that he doesn't plan to live through it. He's willing to kill, he's motivated to do it, he is armed, and he is proficient with his weapons. He has a lot of livable territory to choose from. He has a huge variety of options available to him. He could already be dead. He could be hiding out in the mountains. He could be assimilated into a SoCal gang. He could be in a different state, even a different country, by now.

SAUTO 02-08-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9387493)
He might as well kill himself because it's doubtful that he's ever getting one.

i agree he probably wont get one, but at this point why would he do it himself?

he wants to clear his name on the subject of his firing. that wont happen, in his mind at least, until they apologize. he said the killings dont stop until that point and seems like a determined guy

Fairplay 02-08-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9387486)

That's funny

SAUTO 02-08-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9387499)
That's funny

what is funny?

that i think the guy is going to continue on just like he said he would?

The Franchise 02-08-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9387498)
i agree he probably wont get one, but at this point why would he do it himself?

he wants to clear his name on the subject of his firing. that wont happen, in his mind at least, until they apologize. he said the killings dont stop until that point and seems like a determined guy

It'll be interesting to see if he chooses to go down in a blaze of glory.....or if he systematically picks people off and then goes into hiding for long periods of time.

DJ's left nut 02-08-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9387480)
Sorry man but any further testimony by him is forfeit. I'm sure the dildo that held that kid captive recently had a lot to say as well, it needn't be heard. And yeah, offing himself would be a great way to beat thermal detection.

I'm wondering why he didn't go a more serial killer route. So far his grand revenge has killed one cop he doesn't know, two family members of someone he hates, and wounded paperboys. He'd probably see being a serial killer as dishonorable and would risk not getting his manifesto out in the public, but so far the strongest case he's making is "beware psychos."

PS: he did kill one officer yes? I thought he killed one and winged another.

It's not about him and it's not about his right to speak truth to power.

It's about his allegations and the possibility that there is truth to them. I want him brought in so we can further dig into the merit of what he's saying for the protection of our citizenry.

Yes, his 'right' to further testify may be forfeit in your eyes, but why should we disregard our right to further investigate? He would be a visible catalyst and someone that would certainly ensure that these investigations take place.

If/when he dies, the investigations will be half-hearted internal reviews that whither up and die.

Easy 6 02-08-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9387471)

That army guy HAS to be guard, and a very poor guard unit at that, but this reminds me of a little saying i needle my son with...

My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment

ptlyon 02-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387494)
He could already be dead. He could be hiding out in the mountains. He could be assimilated into a SoCal gang. He could be in a different state, even a different country, by now.

Our he could be at a Mcdonalds housing down a McRib, lg fry, and a strawberry shake. Too early for Shamrock Shakes.

listopencil 02-08-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387526)
Our he could be at a Mcdonalds housing down a McRib, lg fry, and a strawberry shake. Too early for Shamrock Shakes.

Damn. Why did you have to bring up Shamrock Shakes? Now I want one.

Just Passin' By 02-08-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Seven Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies have been notified that the department intends to fire them for belonging to a secret law enforcement clique that allegedly celebrated shootings and branded its members with matching tattoos, officials said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ack=lanowpicks

Can't imagine why this guy would think there's any sort of problem in that police force..... :hmmm:

KChiefer 02-08-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9387513)
It's not about him and it's not about his right to speak truth to power.

It's about his allegations and the possibility that there is truth to them. I want him brought in so we can further dig into the merit of what he's saying for the protection of our citizenry.

Yes, his 'right' to further testify may be forfeit in your eyes, but why should we disregard our right to further investigate? He would be a visible catalyst and someone that would certainly ensure that these investigations take place.

If/when he dies, the investigations will be half-hearted internal reviews that whither up and die.

I hear you, but if he is a catalyst, he's already set the reaction in motion. There's reporters and other people close to the workings of LAPD, if they can get something done, so be it. He should have spent more time writing people about the issues he has with LAPD and less time planning what he's done and giving a shoutout to Tebow.

I get that him being taken alive can keep his message in the spotlight longer, but what he wrote is not going to come up in his trial for any purpose other than convicting him, not convicting the LAPD.

listopencil 02-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9387518)
That army guy HAS to be guard, and a very poor guard unit at that, but this reminds me of a little saying i needle my son with...

My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment

Do you know why Marines ride on Navy vessels? Sheep would be too obvious.

lcarus 02-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9387588)
Do you know why Marines ride on Navy vessels? Sheep would be too obvious.

I HAD BUDDIES DIE FACE DOWN IN THE MUCK SO YOU AND I COULD ENJOY THIS FAMILY RESTAURANT!