ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football IRL People Ignoring/Unfriending over Chiefs talk. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269688)

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:39 PM

IRL People Ignoring/Unfriending over Chiefs talk.

There is about 3 people I know on FB that I have had spirited conversations with since December. They have argued with me over the drafting of Geno and have gotten quite butthurt over it when I continually posted why we should draft Geno. I noticed they haven't replied to any of my posts recently, so I decided to investigate. Turns out, they unfriended me over this shit, people I have known for 20 years! Anyone else have experience with idiots like this?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

Anyone that wants to draft Jekyll doesn't have enough common sense worth being friends with anyway.

Rain Man 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

If you're going to propose drafting a tackle over a quarterback after the last few years, you have to expect that you'll lose some friends.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

Here's my experience.... **** em'

HolyHat 02-04-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378360)
There is about 3 people I know on FB that I have had spirited conversations with since December. They have argued with me over the drafting of Geno/Joekel and have gotten quite butthurt over it when I continually posted why we should draft Geno. I noticed they haven't replied to any of my posts recently, so I decided to investigate. Turns out, they unfriended me over this shit, people I have known for 20 years! Anyone else have experience with idiots like this?

This probably isnt thread material but I will play along. I lose followers on twitter everyday from idiot Chiefs fans that don't know what the **** is going on.

Good luck with the thread...

|Zach| 02-04-2013 05:42 PM

Why do you feel it is so important to argue with them? I usually bow out of FB discussions when they get lengthy or divisive.

I would personally not unfriend you unless you went on and on about it all the time in an annoying fashion. Having a different opinion would not be an issue but people manage their personal social platforms in different ways.

Doesn't make them idiots.

KCrockaholic 02-04-2013 05:43 PM

I immediately stop talking to chiefs fans that want joeckel.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9378371)
I immediately stop talking to chiefs fans that want joeckel.

Yup, Mel Kiper Lackeys and groupies are not my cup of tea.

ThatRaceCardGuy 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378360)
There is about 3 people I know on FB that I have had spirited conversations with since December. They have argued with me over the drafting of Geno and have gotten quite butthurt over it when I continually posted why we should draft Geno. I noticed they haven't replied to any of my posts recently, so I decided to investigate. Turns out, they unfriended me overr this shit, people I have known for 20 years! Anyone else have experience with idiots like this?

My nephew is the same way...he must of defriended half of our family on FB because he cant keep his panties from getting in a twist..hysterical.

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9378369)
Why do you feel it is so important to argue with them? I usually bow out of FB discussions when they get lengthy or divisive.

I would personally not unfriend you unless you went on and on about it all the time in an annoying fashion. Having a different opinion would not be an issue but people manage their personal social platforms in different ways.

Doesn't make them idiots.

I am not claiming they are idiots because they argue or have a different view point. I am saying they are idiots for ignoring me over trivial sports talk. I am not flooding my newsfeed with this stuff. It's an occasional stat, fact, or anectodote on the topic. I try to do something else other than post crap about pregnancies/stupid pet antics ect. No need to unfriend me due to differing of opinions.

HolyHat 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Trying to talk Chiefs, or sports for that matter on Facebook is pointless really. Facebook in general is pointless.

|Zach| 02-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378376)
I am not claiming they are idiots because they argue or have a different view point. I am saying they are idiots for ignoring me over trivial sports talk. I am not flooding my newsfeed with this stuff. It's an occasional stat, fact, or anectodote on the topic. I try to do something else other than post crap about pregnancies/stupid pet antics ect. No need to unfriend me due to differing of opinions.

Sounds like you are the one who is butt hurt.

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9378382)
Sounds like you are the one who is butt hurt.

Nah, just astonished at the close-mindedness of individuals. Just because you put on your ear-muffs and scream doesn't make the reality of the situation go away.

The Franchise 02-04-2013 05:47 PM

I try not to discuss anything Chiefs related on FB because it's almost impossible to actually have an intelligent discussion. It's filled with people that don't like Geno Smith because they compare him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9378389)
I try not to discuss anything Chiefs related on FB because it's almost impossible to actually have an intelligent discussion. It's filled with people that don't like Geno Smith because they compare him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young.

Seriously? Who would want to hang out over there if they're that ****ing stupid? Happy I don't have a facebook account, will all of those friends who needs enemies?