ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV ESPN Used Fake Names To Get Emmy Awards For Reporters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351759)

Marcellus 01-11-2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17328761)
I don't understand the game being played here, but I'm coming away with the conclusion that ESPN is as morally bankrupt as the NFL and peacock.

On a air personalities cant win individual awards given to shows. For example if College Game Day wins an Emmy for best college sports program none of the on air people can win an individual award for that show.

So they made up fake producers/production people and entered their names to win production Emmy's and then when they won them they had the trophy reengraved and gave them to the on air personalities.

loochy 01-11-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17328772)
On a air personalities cant win individual awards given to shows. For example if College Game Day wins an Emmy for best college sports program none of the on air people can win an individual award for that show.

So they made up fake producers/production people and entered their names to win production Emmy's and then when they won them they had the trophy reengraved and gave them to the on air personalities.

Ahh, that makes sense now.

Truthfully, I'm kind of with ESPN on this one. The on air personalities are just as much a part of the team as producers and writers, so yeah, I think they deserve the award too.

Jamie 01-11-2024 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17328791)

Truthfully, I'm kind of with ESPN on this one. The on air personalities are just as much a part of the team as producers and writers, so yeah, I think they deserve the award too.

Yeah, this is less of a scandal than the headline makes it out to be. The wins are legitimate, they just ran a scam to get extra trophies for the on-air personalities.

Frazod 01-11-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 17328837)
Yeah, this is less of a scandal than the headline makes it out to be. The wins are legitimate, they just ran a scam to get extra trophies for the on-air personalities.

They should call them Shooter McGavin awards.

Flying High D 01-11-2024 05:30 PM

What’s an Emmy?

Jewish Rabbi 01-11-2024 05:33 PM

I hope everyone at ESPN dies!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2024 06:51 PM

Quote:

Soooo, it's a nothing burger then. I can see why they'd do it

Hoover 01-11-2024 06:54 PM

So they just wanted extra trophies to give people. Couldn’t they just buy them?

LagunaSWana 01-11-2024 07:46 PM

Quote:

But don't the on air personalities have their own categories for awards?

Eleazar 01-11-2024 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 17328634)
"In March 2023, Shelley Smith, who worked 26 years as an on-air reporter for ESPN, received a call from Stephanie Druley, then the network’s head of studio and event production. Druley said she wanted to talk about something “serious” that needed to stay between the two of them

I suppose that zillions of people reading these lines is not exactly what Ms Druley had in mind. :doh!:

UteChief 01-11-2024 08:33 PM

Quote:

The rules were changed a couple years back. On air personalities are now eligible for both.

HemiEd 01-11-2024 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17328879)
I hope everyone at ESPN dies!!!

They will one of these days, I guarantee it.

Why does anyone care about this anyway?

frozenchief 01-11-2024 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 17328691)
Why?

Because they didn't need to do this. It's just more pointless bullshit. I guess 'disappointed' is a better word to convey that at one point ESPN shook up the sports reporting world and now they're just another corporate shill. No, it's not a surprise. Just a disappointment.

loochy 01-11-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaSWana (Post 17328983)
But don't the on air personalities have their own categories for awards?

I have no idea. Awards shows are gay.

Rausch 01-12-2024 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17328683)
They submitted fake names as part of the production team and redistributed the awards to on air talent that were ineligible to win the awards.

But the on air talent is fake - so doesn't that even out?...