ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Just a rumor from inside the Chiefs organization (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266916)

Rasputin 11-22-2012 11:21 AM

Pioli is going get fired any day now...

any week now...

any month now...

He is going get fired sooner or later just not soon enough. I have no doubt Pioli wont make it to the last game or at latest the days after. I think Pioli dug himself a hole and Clark Hunt isn't going sacrifice this fan base for one man. I just don't see Pioli being back, if he is then Clark is going have some explaining to do & I don't think he will be able to face the fans that way. He has been embarrassed all season long that should take the cake.

morphius 11-22-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9141133)
THIS! its just a sad situation that didn't need to happen.

It is something I have never understood, it is one of my biggest pet peeves on this site. There are not many places to get good rumors from people inside the orginization, the legit news you can get anywhere.

redrage16 11-22-2012 05:01 PM

Now someone needs to tell clark to sell the team

CoMoChief 11-22-2012 05:13 PM

What I'm hearing is that Clark wants to fire Pioli, but the other Hunt family board members won't allow it because it'd cost them too much for the buyout...or more than they're willing to spend I guess...

Hell, he should just not pay Pioli.....kinda like what they're currently doing to Haley

RINGLEADER 11-22-2012 06:17 PM

All I can see is an Atriedes that I want to kill...

DTLB58 11-22-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrage16 (Post 9142192)

Ummm....

teedubya 11-22-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9139152)
The brother of a friend of a friend, good enough for me.

Bwhahaha... Print 'em! To the 'ship!

BigRedChief 11-22-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrage16 (Post 9142192)

WTF dude? An completely uninformed statement and you are all red and a n00b?

JFC, no one in KC has a BILLION $ laying around to buy the team. And since when have the Hunt's hinted at selling? Their father was a founder of the AFL, this was his team. It was built by this family. No ****ing way do they sell. They are making $30-$40 million profit yearly and no end in sight for that profit level.

The Hunt's are never going to sell the Chiefs in our lifetimes.

BigRedChief 11-22-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9141456)
It is something I have never understood, it is one of my biggest pet peeves on this site. There are not many places to get good rumors from people inside the orginization, the legit news you can get anywhere.

I could understand getting grief if it was labeled as fact. I know this will happen and then it doesn't. Thats fair game.

But, you have a high school buddy that works in accounting for the chiefs and he told you this......just label it a rumor and post it. Everyone benefits.

KCDC 11-22-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9142241)
What I'm hearing is that Clark wants to fire Pioli, but the other Hunt family board members won't allow it because it'd cost them too much for the buyout...or more than they're willing to spend I guess...

That's my speculation. They secretly signed him to an extension in the offseason and now they'd have to pay him a mountain of money. So, Clark hopes that Pioli will resign, or they negotiate a compromise severance package.

oldman 11-22-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9142241)

Unless there's some kind of goofy rules in the trust, Clark as CEO has the power to hire and fire whoever he wants. I said goofy rules because boards normally only concern themselves with the CEO, moy underlings. Pioli's contract is somewhere around $5M a year. Since he has another year on his contract and the remainder of this year, figure that would cost $6.825M. What will it cost in lost ticket sales next year, concessions and merchandise this year and next?

BossChief 11-22-2012 11:11 PM

There is no proof of what Pioli makes. For all we know he could make 10 million per year or 2 million per year. Its all speculation.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9143277)
There is no proof of what Pioli makes. For all we know he could make 10 million per year or 2 million per year. Its all speculation.

NFL.com reported he was the highest paid GM in the league.

BossChief 11-22-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9143297)
NFL.com reported he was the highest paid GM in the league.

link? I wonder if there is a link out there that shows what some of the other highly paid GMs in the league make.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9143301)
link? I wonder if there is a link out there that shows what some of the other highly paid GMs in the league make.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200620

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli's Deal Is For Five Years

Neither Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt and new general manager Scott Pioli revealed any details about the length or terms of Pioli’s contract. But multiple sources around the league said Pioli signed a five-year contract with Kansas City that makes him the highest-paid general manager in the league.

Source: NFL.com