ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football D'Onta Foreman arrested for weapon, marijuana possession (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308774)

thabear04 07-17-2017 09:21 AM

D'Onta Foreman arrested for weapon, marijuana possession

Glad the chiefs pass up on him.

Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for unlawful carrying of weapons and possession of marijuana on Sunday, according to the University of Texas Police Department.

Cindy Posey, the Director of Communication for the University of Texas Police Department, said in a statement to NFL Media that "officers responded to a report of the smell of marijuana coming from three occupied vehicles" near a residential hall on campus at 12:24 a.m. on Sunday. After arriving to the scene, officers "discovered marijuana in each vehicle and also discovered a firearm in one of them."

Foreman, the owner of the firearm, was subsequently arrested and booked into Travis County Jail. According to Travis County Sheriff's Department PIO Kristen Dark, Foreman was released from the jail at 11:59 a.m. CT on a surety bond.

The Texans sent out a statement in response to the arrest, stating they "are aware of a situation involving D'Onta Foreman. We are gathering additional information and will have no further comment."

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport obtained this statement from Foreman's attorney Chip Lewis.

"D'Onta was arrested by the University of Texas Police Department earlier today. He had traveled to Austin to visit friends. As he was leaving their residence, he was approached by police. Prior to a search of his vehicle, D'Onta alerted the officer that he had a handgun inside of his vehicle. This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name. The handgun was properly secured inside of his vehicle as required by Texas law.

"A passenger in D'Onta's vehicle was in possession of marijuana. D'Onta did not use or possess the marijuana. Upon making his bond, he will submit to a urinalysis to confirm he has not used marijuana.

"D'Onta appreciates the professionalism of the officers involved in his arrest and in his booking at the Travis County Jail. We are confident this matter will be resolved justly once the State of Texas applies the applicable law to the facts."

Houston took Foreman in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. The running back accumulated 2,028 yards on the ground in his junior season at Texas in 2016, and received the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-17-2017 09:26 AM

Didn't do anything wrong.

Hydrae 07-17-2017 09:32 AM

I kinda wanted us to draft him this year. Between Priest and Jamaal we have had a nice run with UT RBs and I think Foreman has a chance to do well also. Maybe we dodged a bullet though. :shrug:

Al Bundy 07-17-2017 09:40 AM

Looks like he didn't do anything wrong.

TrebMaxx 07-17-2017 09:51 AM

From what is stated he didn't do anything wrong by the law. From the Texan's view I am sure they are none too pleased that he was hanging out in a parking lot with his friends that were smoking weed even though he was not, or so he says. If he does take a piss test and is cleared hopefully it is a lesson learned and he can move on. It is so past the time to legalize weed and if it was legal we wouldn't even be hearing about this.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-17-2017 09:56 AM

Someone got nervous about scary black men hanging out and called the cops.

threebag 07-17-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12959761)

Doubt it, nobody gives two shits about that. There was illegal activity and those involved just happen to be black.

KCrockaholic 07-17-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12959783)
Doubt it, nobody gives two shits about that. There was illegal activity and those involved just happen to be black.

No way. We gotta make everything racial these days, don't you know?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-17-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12959783)

Lol, sure.

People on the UT campus in Austin really care about marijuana use.

Halfcan 07-17-2017 10:35 AM

So he was arrested for having a legally registered handgun that was properly secured?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-17-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12959831)
So he was arrested for having a legally registered handgun that was properly secured?

Can't have scary black men loitering on a Saturday night. Makes people uncomfortable. Better call the cops.

ThaVirus 07-17-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

I was wondering if I had read the headline and/or article wrong, but that would appear to be the case.

Dude sounds innocent AF. Hopefully he doesn't test positive on the urinalysis though.

beach tribe 07-17-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12959761)

I was arrested for weed in almost the exact same manner, so there goes your BS liberal narrative.

Halfcan 07-17-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12959853)
I was wondering if I had read the headline and/or article wrong, but that would appear to be the case.

Dude sounds innocent AF. Hopefully he doesn't test positive on the urinalysis though.

Exactly, the headline makes it sound like the gun was connected to being in possession of MJ. Then when you read the story- he actually informed them he had a Legal registered and secured gun in the car.

Possession should have been a misdemeanor, the gun was Not being used in the facilitation of a crime- so how would that be included in an arrest?

I guess we are to assume his friend didn't confess to owning the weed and let Donta take the fall. Then the cops added a bogus gun charge on top of it. :shake:

Rain Man 07-17-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

That's my question. Maybe it suddenly becomes illegal if it's in the presence of illegal drugs or something?

D'onta should do one of those DNA/ID mixup things with his twin.