ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9541419)
It's pretty obvious EJ played his ass off both yesterday and throughout his KU career. If anything yesterday, he cared too much and let the pressure get to him. But I'm not going to waste my time convincing the jackasses of this fanbase of his value to the team (which Self knew over the last two years) or not hating him over some mistakes on the court.

They'll have to smuggle him out of Lawrence.

Prison Bitch 03-30-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9541419)
It's pretty obvious EJ played his ass off both yesterday and throughout his KU career. If anything yesterday, he cared too much and let the pressure get to him. But I'm not going to waste my time convincing the jackasses of this fanbase of his value to the team (which Self knew over the last two years) or not hating him over some mistakes on the court.

Well, Self called him out publically and said: "This team doesn't have a PG" I assume that's what you mean when you say Self knew his value. He's a natural 2 and Self played him at the PG because he was the best option. But he was not the ideal option. Missing on Smart changed the team. If we played Tharpe at PG all year, our record might've been a couple games worse perhaps but EJ didn't really drive us to many wins this year. Jeff, Travis and Ben did most of the heavy lifting.

You can't ignore the game last night. Not just the nut punch, but the 0-5 assist ratio and the total meltdown the last 3 minutes.

KC_Connection 03-30-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9541791)
Well, Self called him out publically and said: "This team doesn't have a PG" I assume that's what you mean when you say Self knew his value.

No, it's more about how he started him in every game for two straight seasons, for good or bad (and considering all the great things those teams accomplished, it wasn't a mistake).

Quote:

You can't ignore the game last night.
Nobody is. Fair or unfair, Elijah is going to have to live with that being his legacy as a KU player. But I certainly have no intentions of being a dick about it considering how much he cared.

Buehler445 03-30-2013 05:48 PM

Yeah, that was a tough loss. But I'm a lot better now than losing to the obviously bad schools. That was truly awful. At this point, if we make it to the s16, the crapshoot aspect comes into play. We definitely pissed this one away, but not nearly to the extent of VCU.

I said it quite a bit at the beginning of the year, this team misses Tyshawn Taylor. For all the turnovers, he made up for it. He was pretty damn clutch and could flat out get around anybody at any time. That was really lacking this year.

I'm really going to miss the seniors. Especially Releford and Withey. I'm a defense junkie an those guys were the best. Plus Releford was just a damn good Kid and ball player.

Sucky end to a fun year.

Prison Bitch 03-30-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9541970)
Nobody is. Fair or unfair, Elijah is going to have to live with that being his legacy as a KU player. But I certainly have no intentions of being a dick about it considering how much he cared.

I think if there's ever a player you could be a "dick" about, it's this clown. Punching a guy in the nuts on national TV? That's just great for our image EJ. 3 fouls in the first few minutes. Then gets burnt repeatedly in the 2nd half by Burke and to top it off, turns it over 3 times in 80 seconds to fuel the collapse.

If he cared so much, why did he lollygag it up halfcourt that one time? Looked like a guy who didn't really care at all.

Demonpenz 03-30-2013 10:29 PM

TTaylor had a great stretch of baseball last year, when the team needed a bucket he could always get to the rim.

Prison Bitch 03-30-2013 10:58 PM

Ty doesn't play baseball. :)

KC_Connection 03-31-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9542536)
I think if there's ever a player you could be a "dick" about, it's this clown.

Not really. I'll reserve my disdain for those that don't give an effort, don't play within Self's system, and don't give a damn about the program. Not somebody who tried his best here, played within Self's system, and was a major part of so many accomplished teams.

Bambi 03-31-2013 10:11 AM

Girls goin after it.

BourbonMan 03-31-2013 10:57 AM

KU fan cries on the radio after Michigan loss.

http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/kansas-...to-wolverines/

Messier 03-31-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9543656)

chiefzilla1501 03-31-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9541970)
No, it's more about how he started him in every game for two straight seasons, for good or bad (and considering all the great things those teams accomplished, it wasn't a mistake).

EJ was a good enough player miscast in a role out of necessity. He was perfect as a role player. What really sucks is, I believe a solid (even if unspectacular) point guard would have made KU team a legit final four team. That would have allowed EJ to rotate in to a more comfortable role, which is basically to get an extra perimeter shooter who you can really ride when he gets hot.

ArrowheadHawk 03-31-2013 12:15 PM

Imagine if we had landed Smart.

KC_Connection 03-31-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9543675)
EJ was a good enough player miscast in a role out of necessity. He was perfect as a role player. What really sucks is, I believe a solid (even if unspectacular) point guard would have made KU team a legit final four team. That would have allowed EJ to rotate in to a more comfortable role, which is basically to get an extra perimeter shooter who you can really ride when he gets hot.

I agree. The one big thing this KU team was missing was a solid, facilitating PG this year. With that, they would have been definitively the best team in the country. Neither EJ (out of position) or Tharpe (inconsistency) were able to provide solid enough production out of that spot over the entire season and it led to a kind of offensive stagnancy at times. Through their defense, KU still did quite well despite it though (B12 titles, 2nd overall #1 seed), but it could have been more.

Silock 11-13-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9422976)
Ellis is one that will not pan out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9421982)
Anyone wanna defend that utter piece of shit Perry Ellis today? It was mildly amusing watchig him bobble a perfect lead pass downcourt out of bounds wide open on a break. Dribbling the ball out of bounds driving to the hole in the 2nd was the coup de grace.

He sucks so bad I can't even believe how bad he sucks. I've never, ever, been more disappointed with a player in almost 40 years of watching KU basketball. He was so overhyped it's not funny - altho some recruiting analysts did warn us all he has no athleticism. They were dead on.

So . . . you guys are ****ing reeruned.