ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We just might get a trade down yet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272042)

RealSNR 04-12-2013 03:37 PM

Joe Robbie is drinking anti-freeze in heaven looking down on his team.

RNR 04-12-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9580947)
Too many teams in the top 10 that desperately need something at QB for him to slide that far.

Arizona would be stupid to pass on him. They have Palmer to hold the fort for a couple years while they bring Smith up to speed.

Even if they were stupid enough to pass on him the Bills would be even bigger morons to say "Kolb's got this!"

Then you have long shots like the Jaguars and Jets that could take him.

Look at the teams that needed QBs that made moves for less than special QBs the Chiefs included. Outside of this place nobody is raving about Smith. This place has gone over the deep end with this kid. He may pan out who knows. That said the love fest going on here is strange~

Coogs 04-12-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9580968)
especially when there are 2 that they want.

If they call, I wouldn't hang up if I were Dorsey. Even if there are 2.

jd1020 04-12-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9580975)
Look at the teams that needed QBs that made moves for less than special QBs the Chiefs included. Outside of this place nobody is raving about Smith. This place has gone over the deep end with this kid. He may pan out who knows. That said the love fest going on here is strange~

You mean like Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden?

Dayze 04-12-2013 03:39 PM

can we throw in Smith to sweeten the deal?

RealSNR 04-12-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9580975)
Look at the teams that needed QBs that made moves for less than special QBs the Chiefs included.

So what you're saying is Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, and Jason Campbell = dealbreakers?

Uhhh ooookay

B14ckmon 04-12-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9580970)
#12 to #1 ROFL not a snowball's chance in hell

Pretty much.

And even if they made an offer, no chance in hell Reid would pass up the chance to get any of his top choices for what they would offer.

RNR 04-12-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9580982)
So what you're saying is Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, and Jason Campbell = dealbreakers?

Uhhh ooookay

What I am saying is this place has gone ape shit over a guy most are luke warm about. I have read predictions he could slide to the 20s. Hey you guys might be right about the kid who knows. Oakland is sitting at 3 and I will be extremely disappointed if they take him. It has taken two off seasons to dig out of the crap Davis pulled. They will most likely have a good pick next year with close to 70 mil in cap space. I would rather they take their chances on a QB next year~

Mother****erJones 04-12-2013 03:54 PM

The ultimate **** you to blackmon would be KC to trade down AND get Geno ROFL. It isn't happening but would be funny

RealSNR 04-12-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9581003)
What I am saying is this place has gone ape shit over a guy most are luke warm about. I have read predictions he could slide to the 20s. Hey you guys might be right about the kid who knows. Oakland is sitting at 3 and I will be extremely disappointed if they take him. It has taken two off seasons to dig out of the crap Davis pulled. They will most likely have a good pick next year with close to 70 mil in cap space. I would rather they take their chances on a QB next year~

You guys are digging out of Davis's crap because he traded two high draft picks for Carson ****ing Palmer and gave him a bunch of money. Not because you drafted another Jamarcus Russell.

If this CBA were around when Russell busted out, Oakland fans would do a lot less bitching about the pick.

I agree that the time might not be right for your team, since you're going to be starting some pretty stinky shit for a year or two. But this isn't about Geno. It's about the "moves" that teams have made regarding QBs in the offseason that don't mean jack ****ing shit when it comes to the draft

B14ckmon 04-12-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9581011)
The ultimate **** you to blackmon would be KC to trade down AND get Geno ROFL. It isn't happening but would be funny

Not only would that never happen, but the Jaguars are taking Dion Jordan regardless. So it would in no way effects my team.

Mother****erJones 04-12-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9581015)
Not only would that never happen, but the Jaguars are taking Dion Jordan regardless. So it would in no way effects my team.

No but you say KC is taking Joeckel, not taking Geno nor trading the pick. Would be funny if we not only DIDNT take Joeckel, but traded back to MIAMI who wants him (their OC used to be the coach there), and KC still took Geno. Would be funny to see your reaction.

RNR 04-12-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9581012)
You guys are digging out of Davis's crap because he traded two high draft picks for Carson ****ing Palmer and gave him a bunch of money. Not because you drafted another Jamarcus Russell.

If this CBA were around when Russell busted out, Oakland fans would do a lot less bitching about the pick.

I agree that the time might not be right for your team, since you're going to be starting some pretty stinky shit for a year or two. But this isn't about Geno. It's about the "moves" that teams have made regarding QBs in the offseason that don't mean jack ****ing shit when it comes to the draft

Look I know you pushed all in with this guy. I am not invested in this enough to care. I will point out clearly what you think about Smith don't mean jack****ingshit to the Chiefs or any other NFL team. Clearly several people who scout for a living disagree with you~

-King- 04-12-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9580932)
Miami has two second round picks. The #12, their first second round pick, and next year's first rounder would be enough.

Yep. Anything more would just be gravy.

And the more I think about it, the more sure I am that we'll trade down. I doubt we are content with not having a second round pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 04-12-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9581018)
Look I know you pushed all in with this guy. I am not invested in this enough to care. I will point out clearly what you think about Smith don't mean jack****ingshit to the Chiefs or any other NFL team. Clearly several people who scout for a living disagree with you~

No, YOU don't get it.

I didn't bring up Geno Smith. You did. I never intended to talk about him, either. He's not in this discussion.

I'm talking about what the Bills, Raiders, Cardinals, and Browns think of Kolb, Flynn, Palmer, and Campbell respectively.

I'll betcha $10 and a bag of doughnuts they don't give a shit about those guys, even if they start them for at least one season at QB.

They have no bearing whatsoever on how the QBs will fall in this draft.