ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports International Olympic Committee Cuts Wrestling from 2020 Olympics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269954)

cosmo20002 02-13-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9396259)
Hard to believe they cut this over Equestrian?? Does the horse get the medal or the rider?

I'm telling you, it is Mitt Romney's fault. He runs the dancing horsey world.

cosmo20002 02-13-2013 12:23 PM

Rowdy Roddy Piper better get his shit together for 2016. He'll be too old for 2024.

alnorth 02-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9399674)
Link?

Its all over the news. Russia and India are appealing it which is completely unprecedented, the IOC president is meeting with FILA, also completely unprecedented, they are now back-peddling talking about how maybe it wont be just one sport recommended to add to the other 25, but as many as 3.

Its clear by simple common sense that wrestling will obviously be saved, I don't need a link.

I'd even go so far as to say that it was obvious to anyone who was paying attention that wrestling probably wouldn't be cut like in my post from yesterday, the media just just lazily relied on what happened to baseball when they said it was over for wrestling.

Beef Supreme 02-13-2013 12:28 PM

They still have rhythmic gymnastics where women wave ribbons around. So we got that.

redfan 02-13-2013 12:29 PM

I blame the X-games.

alnorth 02-13-2013 01:03 PM

Interesting. I just read a story where 4 years ago one of the leaders of the US Olympic Committee was meeting with the IOC executive board to discuss why the Chicago bid failed, and he just happened to learn that wrestling was possibly in trouble. He immediately alerted FILA that they needed to get to work on wining and dining the IOC's executive board, but he was completely ignored.

Valiant 02-13-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9396251)
Interesting...is it because not enough countries participate anymore? TV ratings for it are down? Heck, when they broadcast the games, you can barely find it. They put it on CNBC at Midnight.

Ratings are not down. The stupid shit they force you to watch is down. Thete should be multiple channels showing every sport live then recapped. Hell create extra channels for it. All the cool shit is never shown.

Valiant 02-13-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9399749)
Its all over the news. Russia and India are appealing it which is completely unprecedented, the IOC president is meeting with FILA, also completely unprecedented, they are now back-peddling talking about how maybe it wont be just one sport recommended to add to the other 25, but as many as 3.

Its clear by simple common sense that wrestling will obviously be saved, I don't need a link.

I'd even go so far as to say that it was obvious to anyone who was paying attention that wrestling probably wouldn't be cut like in my post from yesterday, the media just just lazily relied on what happened to baseball when they said it was over for wrestling.

Thats good. It is an original sport. Thousands of years oldd and still relevant.

crazycoffey 02-13-2013 02:18 PM

Watch them replace it with MMA fighting. Only reason it would make sense. Otherwise WTF

Sorter 02-13-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9399889)
Interesting. I just read a story where 4 years ago one of the leaders of the US Olympic Committee was meeting with the IOC executive board to discuss why the Chicago bid failed, and he just happened to learn that wrestling was possibly in trouble. He immediately alerted FILA that they needed to get to work on wining and dining the IOC's executive board, but he was completely ignored.

Both FILA and the IOC are composed of some of the most moronic people on this planet. ****, FILA completely ****ed over Kolat.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-13-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9399749)

Fair enough. I was hopeful when learning of the IOC meeting. It's also nice to have Russians, Indians, and Iranians on your side. Who knows...might shake things up a bit with FILA and things turn for the better.

Sorter 02-13-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9400371)
Fair enough. I was hopeful when learning of the IOC meeting. It's also nice to have Russians, Indians, and Iranians on your side. Who knows...might shake things up a bit with FILA and things turn for the better.

FILA needs to be burned to the ****ing ground.

alnorth 02-13-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9400371)

The USOC finally weighed in today with a sort of measured response disagreeing with the decision. Makes sense for us to not be first or too angry, to avoid having a situation where European OC's reflexively go against wrestling because the Americans are pissed. Now that Russia, Iran, and India are all howling (and Greece too, apparently) its probably safe for us to say something.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-13-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9400373)
FILA needs to be burned to the ****ing ground.

pretty much.

Ball grabs :facepalm:

BlackHelicopters 02-13-2013 04:58 PM

Badminton is still though right? ( wipes brow as a sign of relief)