ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ZMA is the shit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265660)

seclark 10-25-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9047595)
It was recommended to me for muscle recovery (by way of better sleep at night). Nearly every review of it talks about awesome sleep. Check it out.

don't think so, thanks.
my sleep is ****ed up enough w/dreams, walking and talking. if i take something, i want it to knock me out. no dreams at all(that i can remember).
it just interests me when i hear of people talking about their dreams.

like sbg said, the mind is a powerful entity.
sec

Brock 10-25-2012 06:33 AM

Can you sleep less, or do you still have to sleep the same number of hours?

Buck 10-25-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9047598)
If you think and believe something is going to make you sleep better it's going to make you sleep better.

Not really.

htismaqe 10-25-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9047569)
what do you mean, "control of my dreams"?
sec

You know exactly what it means.

http://turtlecanyon.files.wordpress....ding-story.png

Buck 10-25-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9047606)
Can you sleep less, or do you still have to sleep the same number of hours?

People claim that is the case. Not for me. I tried getting 5 hours only on the ZMA and I was pretty dead the next morning. It doesn't help you fall asleep either, just gives you a deeper sleep. As far as it being a placebo or hoax, I read a study that it has minimal effect on men's testosterone levels, which it is sometimes marketed for. However, a simple Google search should pretty much put away any doubts that one has about its positive effects on sleep.

Aspengc8 10-25-2012 07:09 AM

Sleep is overrated for recovery. Food quantity/quality is much more important. I don't think I've had more than 5hr sleep/night since my daughter was born 9 months ago, and I still hit PR's. Shit I had 2 hours sleep last week and drove upstate with a buddy for a meet and still hit a 1200 total.

Deberg_1990 10-25-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9047578)

A few days ago when I woke up, I remembered my dream completely. I felt like I had control over what I did in the dream. Last night I decided to test it and I told myself I'm going to dream about trains. It sorta worked because I ended up riding a train from Philly to LA in my dream. I don't know. Its weird. I remember so much detail from my dreams since I've started taking it. Very vivid stuff.

Have you reached level 4 yet? What did you use as your kick to wake up?

TheGuardian 10-25-2012 07:26 AM

ZMA really works, and has been proven to. It's not placebo.

It's not so much that it makes you sleepy, but it relaxes your mind which allow you to fall asleep easier.

Buck 10-25-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9047654)
Have you reached level 4 yet? What did you use as your kick to wake up?

No joke I woke up freaking out because I was under arrest, was dehydrated, and the cop was making me drink milk. I don't consume sugars so it freaked me out.

I woke up and my mouth was super dry.

LiveSteam 10-25-2012 07:27 AM

It made my pee turn green.

loochy 10-25-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9047674)

It's not so much that it makes you sleepy, but it relaxes your mind which allow you to fall asleep easier.

...if you are deficient in zinc or magnesium

loochy 10-25-2012 07:31 AM

BTW buck...I haven't seen many posts from you lately? What happened?

Buck 10-25-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9047683)
BTW buck...I haven't seen many posts from you lately? What happened?

Work 5 am- 3:30 pm everyday. Then I lift after work til 6ish 3 days a week. I'm usually here on the weekends though.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-25-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9047564)
Does anyone else here take it? Its Zinc, Magnesium, and B6. I take it right before bed and I get the best sleep ever. Hell, I've even had control of my dreams.

Waking up is super easy and overall I feel more like a man. Check it out if you.haven't already.

I'm not taking anything where the creators can't spell the acronym of their own product correctly. :p

savchief 10-25-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9047674)

Not true, I just looked and there are exactly ZERO studies say ZMA has any effect on anything, and there are well-designed double blind studies showing it has zero effect on testosterone. So the feeling more "manly" is pure placebo. Sleep evidence is all word of mouth (anecdotal). No studies have been done as far as I see pertaining to sleep benefits.
One study had "evidence" that it increased testosterone, but that study was done by ZMA creator, Victor Conte of BALCO infamy. The study has been discredited and has never been duplicated.
But the placebo effect is often just as real for those who feel it. If you believe it's giving you better sleep, then enjoy. Only thing getting hurt is your wallet.