ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bruce Arians has accepted four-year deal with Cardinals (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269022)

Brock 01-17-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9329398)
You are a ****ing idiot.

I didn't even want the guy btw.

You are a ****ing idiot and look like yourself after crowing about him not being hired and literally a hour later he was.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now it's "weeellll, he was the last guy hired, so that validates what I've been saying......." and "the only reason he got the job is because Toddy didn't want it...."

ROFLROFLROFL

SAUTO 01-17-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9329410)
Now it's "weeellll, he was the last guy hired, so that validates what I've been saying......." and "the only reason he got the job is because Toddy didn't want it...."

ROFLROFLROFL

Yep.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9329410)

ROFLROFLROFL

You're an idiot.

You were all over Arians' nutsack, and now you're trying to celebrate him being the #8 choice. And being a plan B to Todd ****ing Haley. '

But by all means... nitpick over the idea that I said he hasn't been hired yet, and he happened to get hired. He got hired by a team that led a ridiculously incompetent head coaching search after the entire coaching market bottomed out.

Brock 01-17-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329421)
You're an idiot.

You were all over Arians' nutsack, and now you're trying to celebrate him being the #8 choice. And being a plan B to Todd ****ing Haley. '

But by all means... nitpick over the idea that I said he hasn't been hired yet, and he happened to get hired. He got hired by a team that led a ridiculously incompetent head coaching search after the entire coaching market bottomed out.

You stupid ****. Don't tell me I was all over Arians' nutsack, all I ever said to you was that he was going to be hired as a head coach this year, while you farted out a bunch of psychobabble as usual about how the Colts were just riding the emotions of Pagano's cancer. You dumb, dumb ****.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-17-2013 08:12 PM

Jim Trotter‏@SI_JimTrotter

I'd say NFL owners should be ashamed, but that would require them to know what the word means. #headcoachhires

So the owners are saying there wasn't a single minority qualified to fill ONE of the EIGHT head-coaching vacancies? Happy birthday, MLK.

Michael M‏@YankeesJets2310

@SI_JimTrotter The nerve of them to be able to choose who they want to coach the team that they own. Only in America.

The Bad Guy 01-17-2013 08:14 PM

Yeah this race bullshit is absurd.

Owners can hire who they want.

The Bad Guy 01-17-2013 08:14 PM

Just admit you were wrong already about him getting a job.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9329428)
You stupid ****. Don't tell me I was all over Arians' nutsack, all I ever said to you was that he was going to be hired as a head coach this year, while you farted out a bunch of psychobabble as usual about how the Colts were just riding the emotions of Pagano's cancer. You dumb, dumb ****.

I said Arians was going to win coach of the year and deserved it. And I said that he would get hired by some team that was chasing after a shiny object. But I also said he is a highly overrated coach, and given the season he had and how lukewarm teams were to hire him, that says a lot.

Feel free to look at any Arians thread from ages ago. They all say the same thing. Don't re-invent history.

The Bad Guy 01-17-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329378)
I said he was overrated. I didn't say he wouldn't be hired. I knew AZ was between him and Gruden.

He was #1 or in the top 3 on everyone's list. And he ended up as a plan B to the 8th team, in a market where there was nobody left.

He wasn't a coveted head coaching candidate at all. He was scraps. I'm not wrong about that.

He interviewed for 3 of 8 jobs. Scraps for a head coaching job? Get ****ing lost here.

What a straw man argument you've created here.

The Cardinals could have waited for Greg Roman at this point. They didn't.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9329443)
Just admit you were wrong already about him getting a job.

I make a lot of dumbass comments, but when I make them, I stand by them and don't lie my way out of them.

I never said he wouldn't get a job, even months ago. I said he'd get a job and even said repeatedly he deserved coach of the year, but that he was a highly overrated head coaching candidate.

Mr. Laz 01-17-2013 08:22 PM

Haley was just too good for the cards

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9329451)
He interviewed for 3 of 8 jobs. Scraps for a head coaching job? Get ****ing lost here.

What a straw man argument you've created here.

The Cardinals could have waited for Greg Roman at this point. They didn't.

The Chargers hired a GM who came from the Colts -- he didn't hire Arians. Arians was passed over in Philly for Gus Bradley, until they realized they could get Chip Kelly. He wasn't even interviewed by 5 of the teams. And he was hired in Arizona, only after they got pretty much rejected by McCoy and Haley.

He got hired. I just don't think he's a good hire, and let's face it, that story above indicates that he wasn't exactly a prized candidate. I think he'll do okay as a head coach, but I think it's clear that he wasn't the top 3 candidate people made him out to be.

jd1020 01-17-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9329434)

I'd say NFL owners should be ashamed, but that would require them to know what the word means. #headcoachhires

So the owners are saying there wasn't a single minority qualified to fill ONE of the EIGHT head-coaching vacancies? Happy birthday, MLK.

Michael M‏@YankeesJets2310

@SI_JimTrotter The nerve of them to be able to choose who they want to coach the team that they own. Only in America.

Didn't take long for the black man to cry race!

The Bad Guy 01-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329457)
The Chargers hired a GM who came from the Colts -- he didn't hire Arians. Arians was passed over in Philly for Gus Bradley, until they realized they could get Chip Kelly. He wasn't even interviewed by 5 of the teams. And he was hired in Arizona, only after they got pretty much rejected by McCoy and Haley.

He got hired. I just don't think he's a good hire, and let's face it, that story above indicates that he wasn't exactly a prized candidate. I think he'll do okay as a head coach, but I think it's clear that he wasn't the top 3 candidate people made him out to be.

He was a good candidate who deserved a shot.

Ranking candidates now? That's atrocious.

He's not Chip Kelly. He's not Andy Reid. He's on par with Mike McCoy.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9329456)
Haley was just too good for the cards

The important part of the story is that the Cards' second option after Reid was Haley, which says a lot about the competence of the hiring organization. And this is coming from a guy who has defended Haley many times in the past -- if you look in this head coaching market and think Haley is your #2 guy, your front office is not doing a very good search.