ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is Love worth losing your best friend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182500)

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:21 PM

Is Love worth losing your best friend?

Quote:

Part 1 of this adventure begins here. Shortly after this thread, this user reappeared under a username, but managed to stay under the radar. Until this happened.
I fell in love with my best friend or did i become best friends with the one i loved? hell even im confused.

for almost 6 years i spent all my time with my best friend ,alot of good and bad times that i would not take back for anything in this world but im not sure she feels the same way about it as me and that is killing me inside.

Should i feel the way i do about her now? I mean i will always love her and be grateful for meeting her, but i am so thrilled that she has found someone to love her the way her and her son needs to be loved. I finally came to the conclusion that i could not give her what she needed in life. The other day i seen her and her lil guy with her new man and seeing them i was thinking they all deserve that , they all deserve to be happy and at that moment i knew i had to move on with my life. i was so happy for them all that i cried a happy cry i just hope that someday we can all be friends and take the good out of that past 6 years and i will never forget all that she has done for me and my family.

There is still one thing killing me is that i can't talk to my best friend at a time like this when im dying inside and have noone to talk to.

I miss that in my life and i hope that someday she will feel the same way about me and be my friend , i cannot keep goiong on like this
I NEED MY BEST FRIEND BACK

:deevee:

seclark 04-04-2008 01:23 PM

"Is Love worth losing your best friend?"

yes.
sec

ChiefsFire 04-04-2008 01:25 PM

I married my best friend in a similar situation.

She was dating a friend of mine. We hung out alot. Her and I became closer than he and I. She and I both started having feelings for each other as she and the current boyfriend grew apart. One night we kissed. Was amazing but she was scared to part ways with him. It was hell for me for a few weeks but finally I forced her to decide. She picked me and the rest is history.

The Franchise 04-04-2008 01:25 PM

huh?

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 01:26 PM

beer me?

Iowanian 04-04-2008 01:27 PM

I prefer the 4 barrel carberator on the Hemi in the 1970 Charger.

Edit for posterity, here is the original thread starter.

[/quote=shyguyms]
I fell in love with my best friend or did i become best friends with the one i loved? hell even im confused.

for almost 6 years i spent all my time with my best friend ,alot of good and bad times that i would not take back for anything in this world but im not sure she feels the same way about it as me and that is killing me inside.

Should i feel the way i do about her now? I mean i will always love her and be grateful for meeting her, but i am so thrilled that she has found someone to love her the way her and her son needs to be loved. I finally came to the conclusion that i could not give her what she needed in life. The other day i seen her and her lil guy with her new man and seeing them i was thinking they all deserve that , they all deserve to be happy and at that moment i knew i had to move on with my life. i was so happy for them all that i cried a happy cry i just hope that someday we can all be friends and take the good out of that past 6 years and i will never forget all that she has done for me and my family.

There is still one thing killing me is that i can't talk to my best friend at a time like this when im dying inside and have noone to talk to.

I miss that in my life and i hope that someday she will feel the same way about me and be my friend , i cannot keep goiong on like this
I NEED MY BEST FRIEND BACK

A Picture of our trip from Maryland to Kansas City X-mas 2004

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...yms/kctrip.jpg
[/quote]

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:29 PM

yeah i see what your saying but from the picture we had to be happy sometime in the whiole thing right?
All i want is my best friend back!!

Hammock Parties 04-04-2008 01:29 PM

Sounds like you had a chance to make your move a long time ago and didn't. She sought other options.

Delano 04-04-2008 01:29 PM

Amazing editing in that video. Bravo.

stlchiefs 04-04-2008 01:30 PM

Good luck with the relationship man. You guys must've been close to make a trip from Maryland to Missouri in a little buggie helmet like that though. Man what a bitch of a ride that must've been.

SBK 04-04-2008 01:31 PM

Some folks just sit on the pot, when they should be dropping a huge dooker. You sat on the pot too long my friend....

bogey 04-04-2008 01:31 PM

Was she really your BEST friend?

Bugeater 04-04-2008 01:31 PM

Dudes shouldn't have girls as friends.

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4666421)
Sounds like you had a chance to make your move a long time ago and didn't. She sought other options.

You should start your own sight. loveadvicefromvirgins.com

Delano 04-04-2008 01:32 PM

Yeah, I bet the sex would have been outstanding. You missed out.

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:32 PM

we are both better off ,im with someone, and shes with someone, i am very happy for her and her kid . I dont need her to want me what i need is for her to be my best friend again!!

ChiefsFire 04-04-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666434)
we are both better off im with someone, and shes with someone, i am very happy for her and her kid . I dont need her to want me what i need is for her to be my best friend again!!

Her partner will not approve of you 2 being buds. In my mind its all or nothing.

bogey 04-04-2008 01:34 PM

I had a few best friends that were girls, the best part of the best friend was the sex. My real best friends were dudes I could smoke and drink with and be me for better or worse. Most of the time it was worse and nobody gave a shit.

The Franchise 04-04-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

we are both better off im with someone, and shes with someone, i am very happy for her and her kid . I dont need her to want me what i need is for her to be my best friend again!!

So ****ing tell her that......jesus!

stlchiefs 04-04-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Good luck with that. If you were her new man would you want her being best friends and hanging around all the time with someone she had previously spent 6 years "dating"? If I were him I'd keep you at a safe distance without creating problems w/in my own relationship.

Brock 04-04-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire (Post 4666436)
Her partner will not approve of you 2 being buds. In my mind its all or nothing.

yeah, that's not going to work.

bogey 04-04-2008 01:36 PM

Ya gotta let it go. Your significant other would likely not appreciate you having a female "best friend".

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:37 PM

we trecked thru the snowy roads of PA,Ohio
i remember Dayton Ohio was really bad on the way to K.C. and while stopping to rest in St. Louis as i slept in the cold freezing car, to awake and seeing her with my coat and all the blankets on was priceless i mean my lips were blue,lol
to the boobie bumpin it was all good. Gessh she must of been warm,lol
I have never had so much fun in my entire life than that trip and i will never forget that special time in my life.

Yes we were best friends

The Franchise 04-04-2008 01:38 PM

Turn in your man card.

Iowanian 04-04-2008 01:40 PM

I'm not Oprah, or Humphrey Bogart....but something in this story isn't adding up.

You're best friends....but you can't be friends because she's with another dude?

That either means you told her and she went another way or it creaped her out...the other dude can see it in you and doesn't want you around...or you're really butthurt that she got with someone else.

It sounds like you missed your boat....time to move on.

Life is a river, not a puddle. You can't swim back up shit creek with a baby spoon.

Other than having intercourse with another man...this outpouring of emotion might be your gayest moment.

raybec 4 04-04-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666448)
i remember Dayton Ohio was really bad on the way to K.C. and while stopping to rest in St. Louis as i slept in the cold freezing car, to awake and seeing her with my coat and all the blankets on was priceless i mean my lips were blue,lol
I have never had so much fun in my entire life than that trip and i will never forget that special time in my life.

Yes we were best friends

You are a chick.

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

we are both better off ,im with someone, and shes with someone, i am very happy for her and her kid . I dont need her to want me what i need is for her to be my best friend again!!

What other self depricating behavior do you indulge in?

bogey 04-04-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666448)

Yes we were best friends

You need to get a grip. Whatever it was, it's over. Move on or you're going to lose the one you're with.

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:43 PM

no she went her way, i went mine
but i cant stand not having her as my friend
I want her to not dwell on the past, just live in the future she can be happy i can be happy but we really shouldn't just throw a great friendship away so easy

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2008 01:43 PM

I've been there, dude. It sucks.

Iowanian 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

what you need to do is go cut something with a chainsaw..maybe chop down a tree with an axe, kill a wild animal, drink beer and bang a slump buster.

ChiefsFire 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

Shy...you're not drinking or listening to Rush right now areya?

The Franchise 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666463)
I want her to not dwell on the past, just live in the future she can be happy i can be happy but we really shouldn't just throw a great friendship away so easy

Dude.....you may want the friendship...but she obviously doesn't anymore. Move on before you're wearing a scarf and living in San Francisco.

Demonpenz 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about your homeboys stealing your girlfriend for a shot that it would work out forever. I have it happen a couple times and for st joe guys for the amount of whiskey drugs fights the guys go through as friends it sucks when one of your boys sells out for a bitch oh well.

Donger 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666391)
but i am so thrilled that she has found someone to love her the way her and her son needs to be loved.

First question: who is the father of her son? You or the guy she is presently with?

The Franchise 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4666465)
what you need to do is go cut something with a chainsaw..maybe chop down a tree with an axe, kill a wild animal, drink beer and bang a slump buster.

LMAO

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Did you want to bang her or what?

bogey 04-04-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Either drink more, or put the booze away. Either way, your only hurting yourself by rolling in this self pity.

Psyko Tek 04-04-2008 01:45 PM

Man Up
Get Drunk
Get laid
Get over it
Get on with your life

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4666465)

NICE!! LMAO

bogey 04-04-2008 01:48 PM

Are you listening to Michael Jackson's "Ben"?

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:51 PM

yes i slept with her, we dated for 6 years, but why cant people that were best friends before the relationship just continue to be friends and forget that the rest of it even happend? i would do anything for her and her son and til the day i die she will be my best friend and nothing can ever change that!!

The Franchise 04-04-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666489)
yes i slept with her, we dated for 6 years, but why cant people that were best friends before the relationship just continue to be friends and forget that the rest of it even happend? i would do anything for her and her son and til the day i die she will be my best friend and nothing can ever change that!!

Because friendships and relationships don't work like that.

Move on and spend time with your current girl....or she's going to leave you.

Donger 04-04-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Again, who is the father?

Dartgod 04-04-2008 01:53 PM

Sounds to me like you got in the "Friends Zone" and couldn't get out. I've been there and it sucks!

After meeting my wife, we went out one night and met up with some friends of hers. She introduced me as "just a friend". I pulled her aside and made sure she understood that I wasn't getting stuck in the friend zone again. I guess it worked. We'll be married 9 years next month. :thumb:

Donger 04-04-2008 01:55 PM

Lloyd, listen to me. EVERYTHING has changed. You've had sex. No matter what you might think, nothing will ever be the same between you two. You might be sixty. You might be walking down the street, and you'll talk to her about something, whatever. But what you'll really be thinking is 'We had sex'.

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Your self-loathing is not attractive dude. It's not an accident that you ended up here. Problem now is she will never look at you as a real man now. Try to pick up as many alpha tendancies as possible in the future and move on. Graveling is going to get you nowhere.

shyguyms 04-04-2008 01:58 PM

no i will be thinking, there goes my best friend and oh yeah the sex was great too,lol
she could light up my darkest days, and as i sit here i will never have anything bad to say about her.

Donger 04-04-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666506)
no i will be thinking, there goes my best friend and oh yeah the sex was great too,lol
she could light up my darkest days, and as i sit here i will never have anything bad to say about her.

So, who knocked her up? I'm guessing neither you nor the guy she is presently with.

The Franchise 04-04-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 4666502)
Your self-loathing is not attractive dude. It's not an accident that you ended up here. Problem now is she will never look at you as a real man now. Try to pick up as many alpha tendancies as possible in the future and move on. Graveling is going to get you nowhere.

A women likes a gravel driveway. LMAO

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4666510)
A women likes a gravel driveway. LMAO

You say grovel I say gravel. LMAO Either way you get stepped on. :)

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:02 PM

*someone* is going to be cruising around in a camero drinking cheap beer with Cinderella in the tape deck..

"dddddddoooooooooooooon't know what ya got.....til its gooooooooooooooooone, and it ain' easy................................"

shyguyms 04-04-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4666508)
So, who knocked her up? I'm guessing neither you nor the guy she is presently with.

your right she had a son with her husband, she is originally from Maryland but they were living in Louisianna, i went there with her and moved her back to Maryland 6 years ago, as i was also married, she got a divorce and i never did, i couldn't give up my family of my children and that is my fault and yes i am guilty of alot of things in my life but there is nothing in this world i wouldn't do just to have my best friend to talk to.

Radar Chief 04-04-2008 02:03 PM

Wow. :eek: This topic is a little hard to read.
But it’s time to take off the waa panties and reclaim your balls.
Seriously dude, the neighbors are starting to complain about the chick crying hysterically in you room.

88TG88 04-04-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4666514)
*someone* is going to be cruising around in a camero drinking cheap beer with Cinderella in the tape deck..

"dddddddoooooooooooooon't know what ya got.....til its gooooooooooooooooone, and it ain' easy................................"

I was thinking this
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eu2DA4I4TGw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eu2DA4I4TGw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:03 PM

Lets go ahead and get that "healing cry" out of the way pal.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6A0FxTDeklM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6A0FxTDeklM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
feel free to sing along...

I can't tell ya baby what went wrong
I can't make you feel what you felt so long ago
I'll let it show
I can't give you back what's been hurt
Heartaches come and go and all that's left are the words
I can't let go
If we take some time to think it over baby
Take some time, let me know
If you really want to go

Don't know what you got till it's gone
Don't know what it is I did so wrong
Now I know what I got
It's just this song
And it ain't easy to get back
Takes so long

I can't feel the things that cause you pain
I can't clear my heart of your love it falls like rain
Ain't the same
I hear you calling far away
Tearing through my soul I just can't take another day
Who's to blame
If we take some time to think it over baby
Take some time let me know
If you really wanna go

Now I know what I got
It's just this song
Takes so long

Do you wanna see me beggin' baby
Can't you give me just one more day
Can't you see my heart's been draggin' lately
I've been lookin' for the words to say

Now I know what I got
It's just this song
Takes so long

Don't know what you got till it's gone no
Now I know what I got
It's just this song
Takes so long

Donger 04-04-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666515)
your right she had a son with her husband, she is originally from Maryland but they were living in Louisianna, i went there with her and moved her back to Maryland 6 years ago, as i was also married, she got a divorce and i never did, i couldn't give up my family of my children and that is my fault and yes i am guilty of alot of things in my life but there is nothing in this world i wouldn't do just to have my best friend to talk to.

Errr, focus on your family.

Coogs 04-04-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

You have a wife and kids?

seclark 04-04-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4666524)

no shit...
sec

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:07 PM

This should be the finishing move on the lump in your throat and let the healing waters run....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrSs7gfLDjc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrSs7gfLDjc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:09 PM

waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a damn minute....

You've got a wife and kids, and you're being this butthurt about another chic?

You've got a woman to fill this role...she's called your effing wife.

I'm done with the kindness now, dickhole. You might want to slather on some anti-flame vaseline and a stunt suit.

Brock 04-04-2008 02:09 PM

OMG. You asshole.

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:10 PM

Her husband just dedicated this song to you. Its an effing awesome tune too.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3S8yIhdG4s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3S8yIhdG4s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Radar Chief 04-04-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4666524)

No shit. Didn't see that one coming.

Sully 04-04-2008 02:12 PM

Wow.
I was just going to post something serious and hopefully helpful...
But this just got weird and creepy.

seclark 04-04-2008 02:13 PM

uh...you're not stalking this chick, are you shygums?
sec

shyguyms 04-04-2008 02:13 PM

if i did something right in this whole thing it was breaking her and her hubby up, he is a piece of trash. Her son is much better off with the man she is with now.
His father is never there or he chooses when to be with there when it's good for him.
Her new man has a good career and seems to be a great person so hell f i did something right it was helping in them gettin divorced.

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Give up your kids? Let me tell you something, there isn't a box in this world even if she was my full time love slave that I would ever even consider leaving my kid for. Be greatful you have them and move on dude.

Donger 04-04-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666546)
if i did something right in this whole thing it was breaking her and her hubby up, he is a piece of trash. Her son is much better off with the man she is with now.
His father is never there or he chooses when to be with there when it's good for him.
Her new man has a good career and seems to be a great person so hell f i did something right it was helping in them gettin divorced.

You need to remove yourself from this woman's life. Now.

raybec 4 04-04-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 4666543)
uh...you're not stalking this chick, are you shygums?
sec

The voices in his head tell him that she loves him.

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:15 PM

Its times like this, that I wish CinW were still posting.

I'd pay a quarter to see that post.

BIG_DADDY 04-04-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666546)

why do you keep talking about her kid instead of your own?

The Franchise 04-04-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4666548)
You need to remove yourself from this woman's life. Now.

Exactly.

melbar 04-04-2008 02:17 PM

Did the same thing. 11 years where we were always with someone else. I was friends with her ex-husband but was loyal to her and was there for her as he slipped into jerkitude. Just gotta be the loyal friend and be respectfull. If it will it will, if it wont it wont.

shyguyms 04-04-2008 02:18 PM

No i would never give up my kids, I loved her but i didnt want to take a chance on my wife taking my kids from me so i never made the move to be with her and only her.
No i dont stalk her, Why stalk her? i want her to be happy and move on with life, I want the best for her and her son and i think she has found that, im not asking for her to be with me, im asking for my best friend back atleast that if we see each other out sometime that we wont act like we don't know each other.

raybec 4 04-04-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 4666552)
why do you keep talking about her kid instead of your own?

No doubt, I'm ashamed of myself for still giving this douche bag and his latently gay thread about how he is trying to fuck up the lives of everyone he knows any more play.

Donger 04-04-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666560)
No i would never give up my kids, I loved her but i didnt want to take a chance on my wife taking my kids from me so i never made the move to be with her and only her.
No i dont stalk her, Why stalk her? i want her to be happy and move on with life, I want the best for her and her son and i think she has found that, im not asking for her to be with me, im asking for my best friend back atleast that if we see each other out sometime that we wont act like we don't know each other.

You love this woman more than your wife, don't you.

Iowanian 04-04-2008 02:20 PM

I wonder what your wife was doing when you were chasing the Big Montana to Louisiana?

Was she smiling when you got home? Smell like ups boxes?

You don't want "your best friend" back....you want to still sniff poon that isn't yours.

Maybe your wife will google this thread and half of your problem will be solved.

shyguyms 04-04-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4666562)
You love this woman more than your wife, don't you.

without a doubt

i love my kids more than anything thats how this all happend!!

i talk about her son because to me he is mine because i was there from the time he was a year old and i felt that i needed him as much as he needed me, so yeah i love him like he is my son.

The Franchise 04-04-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms (Post 4666566)
without a doubt

i love my kids more than anything thats how this all happend!!

i talk about her son because to me he is mine because i was there from the time he was a year old and i felt that i needed him as much as he needed me, so yeah i love him like he is my son.

Wow dude. You are seriously ****ed in the head right now.