ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Kidd Lex 04-13-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12822431)
Ain't getting "3-4 top prospects" for these guys.

I know, I know

duncan_idaho 04-13-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12822431)
Ain't getting "3-4 top prospects" for these guys.

Well, depends on how "top" you're talking, and whether you're hammering your trade return by insisting on guys who are close to MLB.

If you just take the best talent you can get for them, I could see Hosmer, Moustakas, and Cain netting something around 3-4 guys in the top 40-75 range.

Someone like Kennedy or Hammel or Vargas may also be able to be included as a secondary piece that helps you get a little more back (see the A's-Cubs trade, with Hammel as a rider for Lester).

But you're not getting Yoan Moncada or Giolito or someone like that.

Still, 3-4 top 100 guys would inject a lot of life into the Royals' system, which has a lot of young guys with upside.

Notes on that:
Sandwich pick Foster Griffin was bad the past two years but has been really good through two starts this season. Kind of similar to the Cody Reed breakout in 2015.

Zach Lovvorn is a small RHP, but also has turned in two excellent starts at NwA with good K numbers.

Junis was good at Omaha before getting the call and may be ready to slide in as a cheap back-end starter.

Ashe Russell is still he Invisible Man.

Khalil Lee is drawing rave reviews and seems to be a rare prospect for KC in that he is the toolsy, athletic type they like, but couples those tools with good plate discipline.

Meibrys Viloria is a C who has a chance to jump into top 100 lists if he hits like he has the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefspants 04-13-2017 10:37 AM

I updated the OP with my burning questions for 2017. I spoiler tagged my analysis in an attempt to reduce the clutter. Apologies for the delay, I took a trip back to Kansas this weekend and have been slammed at work for the last two weeks.

jimidollar 04-13-2017 02:55 PM

This is like 2004-2006 Royals. I hope these guys start hitting soon.

Prison Bitch 04-13-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12822557)
Well, depends on how "top" you're talking, and whether you're hammering your trade return by insisting on guys who are close to MLB.

If you just take the best talent you can get for them, I could see Hosmer, Moustakas, and Cain netting something around 3-4 guys in the top 40-75 range.

Someone like Kennedy or Hammel or Vargas may also be able to be included as a secondary piece that helps you get a little more back (see the A's-Cubs trade, with Hammel as a rider for Lester).

But you're not getting Yoan Moncada or Giolito or someone like that.

Still, 3-4 top 100 guys would inject a lot of life into the Royals' system, which has a lot of young guys with upside.

Notes on that:
Sandwich pick Foster Griffin was bad the past two years but has been really good through two starts this season. Kind of similar to the Cody Reed breakout in 2015.

Zach Lovvorn is a small RHP, but also has turned in two excellent starts at NwA with good K numbers.

Junis was good at Omaha before getting the call and may be ready to slide in as a cheap back-end starter.

Ashe Russell is still he Invisible Man.

Khalil Lee is drawing rave reviews and seems to be a rare prospect for KC in that he is the toolsy, athletic type they like, but couples those tools with good plate discipline.

Meibrys Viloria is a C who has a chance to jump into top 100 lists if he hits like he has the past two years.

It's early, but I'm nearing the point I'm ready for this^

mr. tegu 04-13-2017 04:38 PM

They need to start focusing on putting the ball in play again. The amount of strike outs they have is completely incompatible with the poor plate discipline and lack of power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KCUnited 04-13-2017 04:44 PM

That only works when you're controlled by the Royals. Otherwise, mash.

KChiefs1 04-13-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis (Post 12822414)
I was at Game 1 of the WS in 2015. I could never hate Alex Gordon.

This

Buehler445 04-13-2017 09:19 PM

Soooo. Is Vargas our ace then?

Why Not? 04-13-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12823672)
Soooo. Is Vargas our ace then?

Well, it's hardly as if Duffy has pitched poorly, but Vargas has been great. He's definitely our 2 so far.

Chiefspants 04-13-2017 11:21 PM

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DsOOBnzZOkk?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

This start made me remember just how solid Vargas was during the first 3/4ths of the 2014 season. It gave me a flashback to a 2014 start he had against the A's. He went the distance and needed less than 100 pitches to do it. My hometown had a blackout that night, and listening to him seal the shutout was magical.

I think it was around the time the Sung Woo experience took KC by storm.

It was pretty incredible that we lost Shields, Vargas got injured, and Ventura pitched like Kyle Davies in the first half of 2015.. yet we somehow kicked ass and took names regardless.

C3HIEF3S 04-14-2017 10:44 AM

Last night Josh Staumont bounced back in a huge way after a rough first start in AAA-Omaha.

Final line for Staumont last night:
6IP 0R 1H 12K 2BB

Guy can bring it. If he gets his command in check he will be a force.

Also, Strahm continued to stabilize at AAA last night:
2IP 0R 0H 3K 0BB

I bet it's not more than a week before he is back in KC.

RealSNR 04-14-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12822246)
I really was hoping the Houston series was a sign of life/the team waking up. That has turned sour in a hurry.

Offense has to do more. If Cain, Hosmer and Gordon don't produce, this offense probably isn't good enough.

They're pressing. Still a lot of season left, but they need to turn it pretty damn quick or they're going to get buried in the standings.

Hell, at this point I'd settle for Moss giving us Omar Infante numbers at the plate.

.220 is way freakin better than .043. Christ.

Bowser 04-14-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12824146)
Last night Josh Staumont bounced back in a huge way after a rough first start in AAA-Omaha.

Final line for Staumont last night:
6IP 0R 1H 12K 2BB

Guy can bring it. If he gets his command in check he will be a force.

Also, Strahm continued to stabilize at AAA last night:
2IP 0R 0H 3K 0BB

I bet it's not more than a week before he is back in KC.

Nice

KChiefs1 04-14-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12824241)
Hell, at this point I'd settle for Moss giving us Omar Infante numbers at the plate.

.220 is way freakin better than .043. Christ.

He was also like 9/100 at the end of last season.