ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863597)
How many hours a day should they be putting in?

More than BP, warm-ups, and the game.

Look, I'm not going to put an exact number out there, but you're apparent assertion that they should just go about their lives the same at 11/20 as they would at 20/11 seems pretty nuts. And to appear to show any concern at being 11/20 when you "super competitive guys" seems a bit out of whack. Some folks may want to claim it's a poker face, other that it's irrelevant, others might think it means they don't care, but it's hardly what ultra competitive people do. I'm not asking them to burn down the locker room, but a few more knee-broken bats after swinging at balls might help. Even if it means nothing more than they'll need a new bat.

Dartgod 05-08-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863614)
More than BP, warm-ups, and the game.

Look, I'm not going to put an exact number out there, but you're apparent assertion that they should just go about their lives the same at 11/20 as they would at 20/11 seems pretty nuts. And to appear to show any concern at being 11/20 when you "super competitive guys" seems a bit out of whack. Some folks may want to claim it's a poker face, other that it's irrelevant, others might think it means they don't care, but it's hardly what ultra competitive people do. I'm not asking them to burn down the locker room, but a few more knee-broken bats after swinging at balls might help. Even if it means nothing more than they'll need a new bat.

The truth is, you and I have no idea whatsoever how much time and work these guys are putting in. Sometimes it's too much. Sometimes you just have to get away and blow off steam, clear your mind.

GloryDayz 05-08-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863620)
The truth is, you and I have no idea whatsoever how much time and work these guys are putting in. Sometimes it's too much. Sometimes you just have to get away and blow off steam, clear your mind.

I guess it was a super-tough spring training. But alas, you might be right, perhaps if they do nothing the awesome bus will drive up soon. Maybe it started tonight. Time will tell, but I'd prefer to see a little emotion during times like thus.

And I had already done the "3....2....1..... They're trying too hard" thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863526)
Explain your comment. Why was it not a good look? And why does them wearing their uniforms matter?

note that I don't care what they do on off-time including going to concerts strip clubs or whatever.
but while they are stinking so bad and so far under expectations maybe they shouldn't publicize such free time fun. its a 'look at me' moment at a time when people who invest time and money watching and going to games are frustrated with them. wearing the unis is just kind of corny.
Going is fine. Hyping it on twitter is tone deaf is all.

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12863620)

I think glorydayz opinion is dumb. also the rest of the posts over the last few weeks that say stuff about how the players don't care. aside ffrom just having pride and wanting to win, not wanting to be benched, etc, they all have lots of reasons $$$ to care about their performance and effort.
and what, the pitching staff does care but the hitters don't? Makes no sense.

My only opinion on the concert just that it isn't a great idea to PUBLICIZE and hype the appearance on twitter while playing so poorly.

Prison Bitch 05-08-2017 10:34 PM

But! What did you think of Garths song they came out to? Appropo?

CoMoChief 05-08-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12863703)
note that I don't care what they do on off-time including going to concerts strip clubs or whatever.
but while they are stinking so bad and so far under expectations maybe they shouldn't publicize such free time fun. its a 'look at me' moment at a time when people who invest time and money watching and going to games are frustrated with them. wearing the unis is just kind of corny.
Going is fine. Hyping it on twitter is tone deaf is all.

Dude, its a ****ing game. LMAO

These are adults who can make their own decisions.

SBInfinity 05-08-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12863754)
Dude, its a ****ing game. LMAO

These are adults who can make their own decisions.

this place isn't big on nuance. what does being adults who can make their own decisions have to do with anything?
I didn't say they shouldn't go, I didn't say it is a huge deal, I didn't say they should be in the batting cage.
I said its probably not a good idea to hype it when your customers are pretty frustrated with you

Demonpenz 05-08-2017 11:54 PM

It does look like shit that they are out like nothing is wrong.

duncan_idaho 05-09-2017 04:54 AM

Assertions that this group isn't trying hard enough/doesn't care are way off base. If anything, they're trying too hard and pressing as a collective.

Relaxing and blowing off some steam is probably more what the team needs than more work. I get he idea that the optics of that/publicizing that may be too much. But These guys are highly motivated for this year, between contract years for so many and Ventura's death.

Re: Soler and Davis, way too early to draw any conclusions about that. It does indeed look like Wade Davis is healthy, which means he will be dominant.

But that wasn't a one-year deal. Soler has three years of control beyond this one and huge upside. That's what KC was trading on/for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiTown 05-09-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12863783)
Assertions that this group isn't trying hard enough/doesn't care are way off base. If anything, they're trying too hard and pressing as a collective.

Relaxing and blowing off some steam is probably more what the team needs than more work. I get he idea that the optics of that/publicizing that may be too much. But These guys are highly motivated for this year, between contract years for so many and Ventura's death.

Re: Soler and Davis, way too early to draw any conclusions about that. It does indeed look like Wade Davis is healthy, which means he will be dominant.

But that wasn't a one-year deal. Soler has three years of control beyond this one and huge upside. That's what KC was trading on/for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed on both items.

Also, thanks for putting together the positional breakdown in our Farm System. Very helpful. Hope you're felling better!

Dartgod 05-09-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12863644)
I guess it was a super-tough spring training. But alas, you might be right, perhaps if they do nothing the awesome bus will drive up soon. Maybe it started tonight. Time will tell, but I'd prefer to see a little emotion during times like thus.

And I had already done the "3....2....1..... They're trying too hard" thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

When did I ever say that they were "doing nothing"? You and I have no idea what they are and aren't doing outside of what the press is reporting.

Sure-Oz 05-09-2017 07:01 AM

Agree with Duncan

Trying way too hard offensively...these guys care... hopefully they can right this ship by the end of the month...if not hope they produce well enough to bring in good prospects

Lex Luthor 05-09-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12862937)
We'll see if he takes the Gil Meche route if he continues his current production. It's becoming more and more common for struggling vets to take FO jobs around the league. From the beginning of his career, he has always taken his struggles the hardest and has had a long standing loyalty to KC.

I don't know why anyone would ever take the Gil Meche route. Gil Meche was a lovable idiot to do that, especially since it was goddamn Trey Hillman's ****ing fault that Gil Meche had shoulder problems in the first place.

:cuss::cuss::cuss: **** you Trey Hillman, you ****ing ****! :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Chiefspants 05-09-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12863814)
I don't know why anyone would ever take the Gil Meche route. Gil Meche was a lovable idiot to do that, especially since it was goddamn Trey Hillman's ****ing fault that Gil Meche had shoulder problems in the first place.

:cuss::cuss::cuss: **** you Trey Hillman, you ****ing ****! :cuss::cuss::cuss:

It's becoming at least a little more commonplace for players in Meche's position to opt to take a FO job their last year to help cut salary for the team.

It helps teams from a budgetary standpoint and serves as a launching pad for the next part of a player's career. With Gordo's history in KC, I'd say there's an outside shot that something like this happens for his last year of his contract if he keeps up this production through next season.