ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Emergency vehicle etiquette (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300545)

DenverChief 06-24-2016 04:16 PM

Emergency vehicle etiquette

So I'm curious as to the collective CP etiquette when dealing with an emergency vehicle. I'm not interested in what the law says only what YOU do when you see an emergency vehicle as a driver on the public roadway.

I'm going to present several scenarios and you tell me what you think you would do.

*EDIT* assume all scenarios emergency vehicle is running emergent.

A. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are multiple turning points, such as business entrances and other public roadways. An emergency vehicle approaches from behind you, what do you do?

B. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are ditches and there are no entrances or roadways to turn onto. An emergency vehicle approaches from behind you, what do you do?

C. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are multiple turning points, such as business entrances and other public roadways. An emergency vehicle approaches from in front of you (traveling in the opposite direction), what do you do?

D. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are ditches and there are no entrances or roadways to turn onto. An emergency vehicle approaches from in front of you (traveling in the opposite direction), what do you do?

Would love to hear what you guys think is appropriate and feel free to explain why you do what you do.

SAUTO 06-24-2016 04:17 PM

I get out of the way as far as possible to not tear my shit up

Perineum Ripper 06-24-2016 04:19 PM

Uh I outrun the mother ****er..no matter the road situation..have you not seen the YouTube videos of all the rogue cops

DenverChief 06-24-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12288648)
I get out of the way as far as possible to not tear my shit up

Elaborate please. Where would you go?

KCUnited 06-24-2016 04:23 PM

Any scenario where an emergency vehicle is coming up from behind me, I try my best to get over. If an emergency vehicle is coming towards me, I'm not really trying to get over unless that emergency vehicle has to cross the yellow line into my lane. If people were to get over for every emergency vehicle with their siren on up here, no one would get anywhere.

vailpass 06-24-2016 04:27 PM

I have not seen a two lane road with a double yellow line in so long I wouldn't know what to do.

DenverChief 06-24-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12288654)
Any scenario where an emergency vehicle is coming up from behind me, I try my best to get over. If an emergency vehicle is coming towards me, I'm not really trying to get over unless that emergency vehicle has to cross the yellow line into my lane. If people were to get over for every emergency vehicle with their siren on up here, no one would get anywhere.

:thumb:

Mr. Laz 06-24-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 12288645)
So I'm curious as to the collective CP etiquette when dealing with an emergency vehicle. I'm not interested in what the law says only what YOU do when you see an emergency vehicle as a driver on the public roadway.

I'm going to present several scenarios and you tell me what you think you would do.

A. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are multiple turning points, such as business entrances and other public roadways. An emergency vehicle approaches from behind you, what do you do?

pull off to the right as soon as possible without wrecking anything. 1st right turn available. Don't slow down too much.

B. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are ditches and there are no entrances or roadways to turn onto. An emergency vehicle approaches from behind you, what do you do?

Pull to the right as far as possible and then stop. Unless you just can't pull over far enough to allow vehicle to get buy then i would actually speed up a little until a turn option presented itself.

C. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are multiple turning points, such as business entrances and other public roadways. An emergency vehicle approaches from in front of you (traveling in the opposite direction), what do you do?

slow down safely and then stop, pull to the to shoulder side of road. Coming from other direction i don't turn off because you don't know where the emergency vehicle is going to turn. You might turn into his path. Just slow and stop.

D. You are driving on a two lane road (one lane in each direction) separated by a double yellow line. On either side of the road are ditches and there are no entrances or roadways to turn onto. An emergency vehicle approaches from in front of you (traveling in the opposite direction), what do you do?

Just slow and stop, pulling as far to the right as safely possible. Let emergency vehicle get past you as soon as possible. Emergency vehicle can see you, don't do anything unexpected

Would love to hear what you guys think is appropriate and feel free to explain why you do what you do.

:shrug:

DenverChief 06-24-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12288656)
I have not seen a two lane road with a double yellow line in so long I wouldn't know what to do.

LMAO. Must be rough living in dirt road country ;)

vailpass 06-24-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 12288663)
LMAO. Must be rough living in dirt road country ;)

Right back at ya' big boy, if ya' know what I mean :D

DaFace 06-24-2016 04:33 PM

A. Pull over
B. Pull over
C. Pull over
D. Pull over

I suppose if you're on a road with no shoulder, I might try to pull into a driveway or something, but I can't recall the last time I've been in that situation where there wasn't any room at all.

eDave 06-24-2016 04:34 PM

I maintain proper etiquette in this situation. In fact, it happened to me today.

Demonpenz 06-24-2016 04:49 PM

For what I pay in taxes they can smb

eDave 06-24-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12288678)
For what I pay in taxes they can smb

Yea. **** that family who pays their taxes and who's house is on fire.

DenverChief 06-24-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12288670)
A. Pull over
B. Pull over
C. Pull over
D. Pull over

I suppose if you're on a road with no shoulder, I might try to pull into a driveway or something, but I can't recall the last time I've been in that situation where there wasn't any room at all.

I get what you are saying - but in scenario D why would you pull over?