ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV DirecTV complaints (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285966)

Buehler445 08-26-2014 08:11 PM

DirecTV complaints

I know a lot of you guys have complained successfully to DirecTV. I was looking for advice on the best way to do it.

Basically I'm pissed because my locals are in S ****ing D. Now, I understand that I live in bum****nowhere, and normally I'd blame it on that, but ****ing Dish has my locals in HD. What a hunk of shit.

Anyway, optimally, I'd like to get my locals in HD, but if they'd give me a price break, I'd probably live with it.

I don't want to change because, well, changing is a pain in the dick. Also, my buddy has Dish and there have been times where it hasn't been on one, but it's been on the other. I like the Genie better than the Hopper and overall I like the service better, but ****ing all the Chiefs games and a bunch of KU games are on the locals. It's gayer than cum on a moustache that they're in SD.

007 08-26-2014 09:03 PM

Why would the locals be in SD on a service that touts the most HD content?

Buehler445 08-26-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10852227)
Why would the locals be in SD on a service that touts the most HD content?

Probably because some dickhead is too lazy to flip some switch somewhere.

KChiefer 08-27-2014 01:28 AM

Can't u get locals in HD via antenna? I thought the FCC said all locals have to be HD by law. Errrr, now that I think about it, FCC said they have to be digital, but I assumed that would include HD. Is it just that your reception sucks (not that it's your fault)? I'd totally agree you should use DTV's lack of your locals in HD as a bargaining/bitching chip, but maybe try to get your locals in HD with a better antenna?

Rausch 08-27-2014 01:49 AM

Same here. All 3 are out of Columbia, Mo. now so I'm guessing that they do broadcast in HD...

Buehler445 08-27-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 10852492)
Can't u get locals in HD via antenna? I thought the FCC said all locals have to be HD by law. Errrr, now that I think about it, FCC said they have to be digital, but I assumed that would include HD. Is it just that your reception sucks (not that it's your fault)? I'd totally agree you should use DTV's lack of your locals in HD as a bargaining/bitching chip, but maybe try to get your locals in HD with a better antenna?

I live in bum**** nowhere. I can get locals but they're from like 45 and 90 miles away. That equals big tower that I'm not cool with.

Buehler445 08-27-2014 05:39 AM

Plus I know they're recorded in HD because Dish has them. I'm sure it's that the dickhole a are too lazy I switch their feed to HD.

ragedogg69 08-27-2014 07:30 AM

Damn, you weren't kidding about not having any chance of picking up locals with an antenna. As for flicking a swtich... not that simple. more likely your locals want more money for the HD feed from DirecTV.

The most realistic option is the get a PO Box for your billing, and tell them some other address that gets you local HD channels.

htismaqe 08-27-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10852538)
I live in bum**** nowhere. I can get locals but they're from like 45 and 90 miles away. That equals big tower that I'm not cool with.

You don't need that high of a mast.

I have an RCA antenna that I bought for $150 with an inline power injector and it pulls stations from 90 miles away even though my mast only clears the peak of the roof by about 5 feet.

Buehler445 08-27-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10853160)
You don't need that high of a mast.

I have an RCA antenna that I bought for $150 with an inline power injector and it pulls stations from 90 miles away even though my mast only clears the peak of the roof by about 5 feet.

Yeah, I do. I've run this stuff for quite awhile at my parents before satelite got locals. And in town here, I'd need 30 feet.

htismaqe 08-27-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10853330)
Yeah, I do. I've run this stuff for quite awhile at my parents before satelite got locals. And in town here, I'd need 30 feet.

Do you live in a valley or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, you probably have to clear your neighbors and their trees. Just noticed you were in town.

Buehler445 08-27-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10853341)
Do you live in a valley or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, you probably have to clear your neighbors and their trees. Just noticed you were in town.

Yep. I hate towers. They are a pain in the dick and I don't want to buy one.

Buehler445 08-27-2014 12:07 PM

Anyway, so is there a strategy to employ here? Or do I just call the number and say "Why don't I tell you bitches to pound sand and roll with DISH?" or what?

htismaqe 08-27-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10853355)
Yep. I hate towers. They are a pain in the dick and I don't want to buy one.

I was actually able to use the J pole that they used to mount my satellite dish. Just bolted a 10-foot steel pole to it and mounted the antenna on top. I get stations from Des Moines (45 miles), Ottumwa (70 miles), and Cedar Rapids (85 miles).

Frosty 08-27-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10853422)
Anyway, so is there a strategy to employ here? Or do I just call the number and say "Why don't I tell you bitches to pound sand and roll with DISH?" or what?

I got a shit ton of free upgrades and packages last year when I called DirecTV and told them "DISH had offered me such and such and what could they do?"