ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do Target workers deserve a shortened Black Friday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266718)

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 12:23 PM

Fedex now makes us drive on New Years Eve... What am I gonna do ? Quit?

The Franchise 11-17-2012 12:27 PM

When I worked in retail.....I automatically knew that I was going to have to work the holidays. It's the busiest time for the store. I had a lot of co-workers that would get turned down for vacation on some of those days.....and they quit because of it.

Suck it up and ****ing deal with it.

tk13 11-17-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9125015)
They took the job. Work or quit. I have worked several holidays thru the years and have been on call. If your company doesn't make money you don't either.

I don't disagree with that at all actually. I just think the idea of pushing Black Friday into Thanksgiving Day is stupid.

BigMeatballDave 11-17-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9125020)
Fedex now makes us drive on New Years Eve... What am I gonna do ? Quit?

True, but Target employees don't make 60-70,000 grand a yr.

The level of bullshit a person is willing to accept increases with the amount they make.

BigMeatballDave 11-17-2012 12:32 PM

For me, if I don't like my schedule, I find different employment.

I've worked in manufacturing for 16 yrs. Luckily, these places shut down for holidays.

mr. tegu 11-17-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9125018)
Right, because people who agree to working ALL Holidays by choosing that profession, and who are paid more as a result, are the same as retail employees who had previously never been required to work those same holidays. Spot on.

I had no idea every one at the hospital was making so much money. Who knew janitors, administrative assistants, nurse assistants, cafeteria workers, etc. made so much money...

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9125030)
True, but Target employees don't make 60-70,000 grand a yr.

The level of bullshit a person is willing to accept increases with the amount they make.

Maybe but a drunk will probably only puke on them, they will kill me

lewdog 11-17-2012 12:38 PM

I do geriatric rehab and because of medicare laws I pretty much have to work every holiday. I get paid 1.5x and don't have much of a choice to take it off. No complaining here.

Bump 11-17-2012 12:40 PM

I worked retail one black friday a long time ago. 3am - 10pm. That sucked ****ing balls and I quit shortly after that. I witnessed the worst that society has to offer and it made me really hate people. I would never work that type of job again, omg that sucked.

bevischief 11-17-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9125037)
I do geriatric rehab and because of medicare laws I pretty much have to work every holiday. I get paid 1.5x and don't have much of a choice to take it off. No complaining here.

Thank you for what you do. But I have always gotten more to work on holidays or have gotten time off in my favor.

L.A. Chieffan 11-17-2012 12:45 PM

Most retail locations say you can't take time off Black Friday weekend and several days in December. It's mandatory.

Titty Meat 11-17-2012 12:48 PM

They could go on strike.

We saw how well that works http://imageshack.us/a/img17/2079/lebronlaughteeth1.png

ThaVirus 11-17-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9125001)
You guys aren't understanding this. The "Black Friday" sales aren't happening at the butt crack of dawn this year. I think that's their complaint. The Black Friday madness is taking places at like 8 or 9 PM on Thanksgiving night this year. I'm guessing the store has to be pretty much fully staffed through the day to prepare for the madness that night.

Pretty much this.

A friend of mine recently got hired at Target and she was told, with about 40 other overnight coworkers, that "pretty much everyone in the room would be scheduled to work on Thanksgiving". Also, you think if they open to the public at 9 PM the employees will get there at 8:45? Some of you guys are so naive to the way things work. A large portion of them will be scheduled to come in several hours before, effectively ruining their holiday.

With that said, I understand the store needs to make money to pay you and if you took the job you pretty much have to nut up or shut up. I've quit a few jobs over scheduling issues (I was once schedule to work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, New Years Eve, AND New Years day, ALL IN ONE SEASON- **** that shit!) so there's always that option. The thing is, as someone mentioned earlier, where does it stop? This is obviously an attempt by both Wal-Mart and Target to one-up each other. You just have to wonder where it will stop..

L.A. Chieffan 11-17-2012 12:53 PM

Don't go shopping on black Friday. Buy all your shit online or later in the week. Spread the word, pass out flyers and fly a banner.

Ceej 11-17-2012 12:54 PM

Speaking of Target, for some reason all the good looking women in Topeka shop there.

Titties overload.

Goodness.