ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

AndChiefs 06-01-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8651810)
Supposedly the time it takes to complete the PA fake has been shortened up.

That's good because calling a PA was essentially begging to be sacked.

lcarus 06-01-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8651840)

What you mean when you get nailed before the play action animation even finishes like 80% of the time? Nah....they should leave that in. It's totally "in the game". :rolleyes:

Kyle DeLexus 06-01-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8651840)

They sure took it from one extreme to the other. Back in the day I could run PA all day and the defenders would all get sucked in. Now you could run all day and then run a PA pass once and it's an instant sack.

They did the same thing with screens. Just a couple years ago you could pop off a screen for 15+ anytime, in 2012 I was lucky if my RB caught the ball.

Aspengc8 06-01-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649726)
There were several major gameplay modifications.

What part of the gameplay do you take exception to?

-Defensive line & linebackers don't bite on the play-action. Ever. The only reason to run it was to fool someone that 'user' controller a LB or Safety.

-Defensive line never draws a double team. Dominant D-Tackles and Noses dominated lineman in 2 seconds.

-Too easy to manipulate broken blocking by stacking D-line/linebackers in certain alignments, causing guys to come in unblocked.

-O-line blocking in general. Often lineman/FB would go downfield, ignoring someone that is a much closer threat to the RB.

I could go on and on, including the BS playbooks consisting of 300+ plays of complete crap with very few real passing concepts. They somewhat got it right with some (smash, curl/flat, hi/low) but these passing concepts are done out of EVERY formation. They are BASE concepts. The same with running plays. Ever undercenter formation should have a inside zone, outside zone, toss & counter. Its basic and I should have to go searching through formations to find a god dam ISO play.

One day they will hire someone at EA that actually played at a higher level than high school to help them design a football game.

Sorter 06-01-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649726)
There were several major gameplay modifications.

What part of the gameplay do you take exception to?

The part that really irritates me is the O-Line blocking animations and how it is impossible to get pressure from your DE's. I can only get sacks with Tamba by using firezones online, and never get more than 5-6 sacks a season during franchise mode. It sucks.

Quesadilla Joe 06-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8652073)
The part that really irritates me is the O-Line blocking animations and how it is impossible to get pressure from your DE's. I can only get sacks with Tamba by using firezones online, and never get more than 5-6 sacks a season during franchise mode. It sucks.

That's because Tamba is slow. Speed is all that matters in Madden.

Sorter 06-01-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8652132)
That's because Tamba is slow. Speed is all that matters in Madden.

:clap:

Kyle DeLexus 06-01-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Really? I owned with Tyson Jackson which is sad since he shouldn't be able to rush the passer.

Thig Lyfe 06-01-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8651806)
That was "Madden"-ing (pun intended)

It would be weird if you put "Madden" in quotes and spelled it with a hyphen and didn't intend the pun.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8652174)
Really? I owned with Tyson Jackson which is sad since he shouldn't be able to rush the passer.

In a typical Madden season, Tyson Jackson gets 15-20 sacks and Tamba Hali gets 0-5 sacks.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-02-2012 03:05 PM

Had a few decent seasons in 12 after a slider over haul, but damn franchise mode is shit.

Sorter 06-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8654257)
Had a few decent seasons in 12 after a slider over haul, but damn franchise mode is shit.

That is by far the most irritating thing about this game; how I have to spend time on ****ing sliders to make it play at a nice level.

whoman69 06-02-2012 04:00 PM

I always found that the biggest problem with Madden was that the person who played the game the best won. I've heard from more than one person the guy that won their Madden league took one of the worst teams and still won. As a test of strategy or franchise building, its a complete failure.

Valiant 06-02-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8654322)
I always found that the biggest problem with Madden was that the person who played the game the best won. I've heard from more than one person the guy that won their Madden league took one of the worst teams and still won. As a test of strategy or franchise building, its a complete failure.

Generally the best person does win in all sports games..

Bump 06-03-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

ya because Madden is complete garbage