ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV ‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261805)

Psyko Tek 08-06-2012 10:28 PM

loved X! ans 2
3 sucked,
and yeah angewlwas ****ed over
Wolverine, was marvels batman and robin

Psyko Tek 08-06-2012 10:30 PM

and no ****ing' way they are ready to do days of future past
DO NOT LIKE

Tribal Warfare 11-29-2012 01:41 AM

Hugh Jackman in Talks to Reprise Wolverine in New 'X-Men' Movie (Exclusive)

The actor would join original trilogy stars Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in Bryan Singer's film, which also stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult.

Director Bryan Singer continues to merge past and present X-Men actors for Fox’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Sources confirm that Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to reprise his Wolverine role in the movie, which is ostensibly a sequel to X-Men: First Class but will prominently feature actors from the first X-Men trilogy (the first two of which Singer directed).

Singer announced Monday that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen -- who portrayed X-Men founder Professor Charles Xavier and renegade mutant leader Magneto, respectively, in the original X-Men movies -- are joining First Class actors James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult.

Days of Future Past is a classic storyline that unfolded in two issues of Marvel Comics' Uncanny X-Men in 1981, from writer Chris Claremont and artists John Byrne and Terry Austin. The story was partially set in an alternate future where surviving mutants have been penned in concentration camps, giant robots called Sentinels patrol America, and most of the X-Men have been hunted and killed. In the present day, the X-Men were forced to stop a key event from unfolding in order to keep that future from occurring.

Seeds of a tie-in between the trilogies were sown when Jackman memorably cameoed as Wolverine in First Class. The fanboy world began speculating about Jackman's possible return once news broke that Stewart and McKellen were returning. Jackman recently wrapped production on The Wolverine, a sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

007 11-29-2012 01:54 AM

Somebody explain to me why they would have the older versions of Magneto and Prof X for this movie.

Sorter 11-29-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9160839)
Somebody explain to me why they would have the older versions of Magneto and Prof X for this movie.

The above post explains it

007 11-29-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9160841)
The above post explains it

ok, maybe a little. I don't like the aspect of that but oh well.

Sorter 11-29-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9160842)

I don't really have high expectations for it.I'll go see it because I think Fassbender, McKellan, and McAvoy are fantastic actors.

Oh, and Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous.

Simply Red 11-29-2012 02:10 AM

i always enjoy these - I just went on a refresher rampage at Movie-Stop w/ all of them.

Silock 11-29-2012 02:38 AM

I have such a nerd boner right now.

Buehler445 11-29-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9160851)
I don't really have high expectations for it.I'll go see it because I think Fassbender, McKellan, and McAvoy are fantastic actors.

Oh, and Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous.

Yeah dude. My wife made me watch the Hunger Games, and a few lines from Woody Harelson, and Jennifer Lawrence gracing my TV were the only redeeming factors.

Molitoth 11-29-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8773522)
The X-men movies could and should have been so much better than they were.

This.

The only comic movies that anyone has done justice is Nolan's' Batman and Jon Favreau's Iron Man.

Bowser 11-29-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9160842)

It's essential to the storyline. Days of Future past is all about flashbacks and time travel (iirc, it's been awhile).

This could be mega awesome, if they do it right.

BigCatDaddy 11-29-2012 11:00 AM

Someone fill me in here. If Prof X was killed by Gene then how they hell is he in the distant future?

Bowser 11-29-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9161322)
Someone fill me in here. If Prof X was killed by Gene then how they hell is he in the distant future?

Never saw the very end of the third film, huh? The scene past all the credits?

BigCatDaddy 11-29-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9161339)
Never saw the very end of the third film, huh? The scene past all the credits?

Damn it. What did is show?