ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Huddling (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274008)

patteeu 06-22-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9768793)
You obviously don't understand.

It's not a performance incentive in the contract. It's doled out from the league as a part of the CBA:

Players have been paid nearly $700 million cumulatively since the inception of the Performance-Based Pay program, which was implemented as part of the NFL's 2002 Collective Bargaining Agreement with the NFL Players Association.

You're right, I was unaware of that. How is it payed out?

DJ's left nut 06-22-2013 01:10 PM

The gaps between the haves/have nots at QB would be completely insurmountable at that point.

Right now you can still compete and at least make the playoffs with an average QB. If everything was no huddle, you'd have 6-8 teams that would just fist-**** the rest of the league.

There'd be one way and one way to win only. It would become arcade football.

Nah, I'd probably end up watching fewer and fewer NFL games at that point and turn my attention to college football, where you can still win using several different styles.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-22-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9768810)
You're right, I was unaware of that. How is it payed out?

Under the Performance-Based Pay system, a fund is created and used as a supplemental form of player compensation based on a comparison of playing time to salary. Players become eligible to receive a bonus distribution in any regular season in which they play at least one official down.

Performance-Based Pay is computed by using a "player index." To produce the index, a player's regular-season playtime (total plays on offense, defense and special teams) is divided by his adjusted regular-season compensation (full season salary, prorated portion of signing bonus, earned incentives). Each player's index is then compared to those of the other players on his team to determine the amount of his pay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...mancebased-pay

Rausch 06-22-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9768827)
Under the Performance-Based Pay system, a fund is created and used as a supplemental form of player compensation based on a comparison of playing time to salary. Players become eligible to receive a bonus distribution in any regular season in which they play at least one official down.

Performance-Based Pay is computed by using a "player index." To produce the index, a player's regular-season playtime (total plays on offense, defense and special teams) is divided by his adjusted regular-season compensation (full season salary, prorated portion of signing bonus, earned incentives). Each player's index is then compared to those of the other players on his team to determine the amount of his pay.

Sounds incredibly complicated...

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-22-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9768834)
Sounds incredibly complicated...

Two guys show up to work with the same job. Guy A establishes himself as a better worker, works longer hours and is more productive in those hours than Guy B.

Subsequently, Guy A earns a bonus. Guy B doesn't.

sedated 06-22-2013 01:29 PM

If you want to make the game safer, go back to minimal pads and leather helmets.

The more protection you have, the more you can give up your body to destroy someone else.

007 06-22-2013 01:33 PM

yes, lets make the game even more favorable to the top tier QBs.

patteeu 06-22-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9768827)

Ok, well that's similar, except that it's rewarding being on the field, win or lose, instead of winning. The formula sounds reasonable except that I'd like to see each game's allocation of money go only to the winning team.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2013 05:22 PM

This is going in your Cons section Saul...

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-22-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9769264)
Ok, well that's similar, except that it's rewarding being on the field, win or lose, instead of winning. The formula sounds reasonable except that I'd like to see each game's allocation of money go only to the winning team.

So if Jamaal Charles puts up 240 all purpose yards and his team loses because he has worthless ass Brady Quinn at QB he gets no money, but the CB who blew multiple assignments and missed tackles does because Quinn was so incompetent that he was unable to complete a forward pass.

cosmo20002 06-22-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9768689)
One XFL idea I liked was paying players to win games. I don't remember exactly how it worked, but I think there was a pot of money riding on each game and the winning team got to split it.

Fun XFL rule: A punt over 25 yards was a "live" ball, just like a kickoff.

Hootie 06-22-2013 07:09 PM

yeah lets change the NFL to the XFL

it worked so well

patteeu 06-22-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9769421)
So if Jamaal Charles puts up 240 all purpose yards and his team loses because he has worthless ass Brady Quinn at QB he gets no money, but the CB who blew multiple assignments and missed tackles does because Quinn was so incompetent that he was unable to complete a forward pass.

Yes. Team reward for winning.

Hootie 06-22-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9769467)
Yes. Team reward for winning.

Ridiculous.

patteeu 06-22-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769464)
yeah lets change the NFL to the XFL

it worked so well

The NFL wouldn't have a well-established, extraordinarily-well-funded, already-stocked-with-the-best-players league to compete with like the XFL did.