ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Banner, no Banner...does it matter? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266611)

Holladay 11-14-2012 05:48 AM

Banner, no Banner...does it matter?

Clark belongs to an elite club...football team ownership. There's bragging rights. They all have money.

In the end...do you really think they give a crap. We are "lil ppl". We have no idea on what to do...leave that to "US" experts.

Us peasants/neophites/heathen/serfs/arm chair QB's have no idea on how to manage money or field a team. The only thing that we can do is hit "His" (Clark) pride. He makes enough money that a few 10's of millions or not, doesnt matter.

Thus to reverse course on my earlier statement....the banners kick him in the crotch. All the other owners are giggling at him because he doesnt know how to handle his serfs. And all the other owners know that the serfs are up rising. "Cant you control your wif....err kid...eerrr.. your fans". And unless CLARK does something, he will continue to be belittled by other team owners (see red headed step child) and "Can't you manage your people/fans" or ahh "you are a young fellar as a owner, now your pappy would have done it different". It's not the money in the short term (many season ticket holders will still shell out 5k)...it's the pride of team ownership and getting butt whipped by banners.

So, in the end, the banners are a public display of butt whuppin. The serfs are uprising, and gettin kicked in the crotch, repeatedly in front of other owners is the best thing.

Or is it, the other owners are saying..."by gosh, you still making all that jack with the serfs in an uprising?...youngster, how are to doing it?

still think kicking in the crotch = better

Side note; what would it take to fly those suckers over foreign stadiums. Nothing better then for Haley to see a banner over 3 River stadium and for national tv as well.

Silock 11-14-2012 06:07 AM

I think that if the banners really mattered, someone would have been fired already.

blaise 11-14-2012 06:11 AM

They care about ticket and concession sales.

Holladay 11-14-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

They care about ticket and concession sales
Quote:

It's not the money in the short term (many season ticket holders will still shell out 5k)...it's the pride of team ownership and getting butt whipped by banners.

thinking that you are correct.

Must look short term and long term.

Short term: tickets are still being sold, owners laugh their butts off.

Long Term: tickets not sold (still have butt loads of money so who cares), owners still laughing their butts off.

Me thinks with boat loads of money...owners ROTFLMAO is the trump card.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-14-2012 06:22 AM

Wasn't designed to matter, just give them no option other than hear us. We don't expect them to necessarily listen.

mdchiefsfan 11-14-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9117690)
I think that if the banners really mattered, someone would have been fired already.

I disagree. They aren't the full reason for anything, but they get the conversation going, which snowballs into a much larger issue. Keeping the pressure on with these banners keeps the failings of the team in the news and as support for the movement grows, the more the heat is applied. The banners are simply a catalyst for the movement. The more the team messes up, the more people look at those banners and realize that there is an issue.

Holladay 11-14-2012 06:28 AM

ok.

Short term voice = get noticed

Long term voice = butts in seats

Thus short term can translate to long term. I'm good with that.

Holladay 11-14-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

I disagree. They aren't the full reason for anything, but they get the conversation going, which snowballs into a much larger issue. Keeping the pressure on with these banners keeps the failings of the team in the news and as support for the movement grows, the more the heat is applied. The banners are simply a catalyst for the movement. The more the team messes up, the more people look at those banners and realize that there is an issue.
SPOT ON

Silock 11-14-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9117702)

People already know there is an issue. We've known there has been an issue around this organization for years and decades. Awareness is not the problem.

The failings of Matt Cassel would be on display on MNF regardless of a banner. The fact that we hadn't lead all season would still be a stat played on ESPN.

The only thing that they will listen to is money. People just have to stop going. Stop spending money there, even if you already have tickets. Don't buy season tickets any more. Reject everything to do with the organization and then you hit them in the pocketbook. That hurts much more than a talking point.

There's a ton of heat on this franchise already, and it hasn't accomplished anything yet.

mdchiefsfan 11-14-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9117719)
People already know there is an issue. We've known there has been an issue around this organization for years and decades. Awareness is not the problem.

The failings of Matt Cassel would be on display on MNF regardless of a banner. The fact that we hadn't lead all season would still be a stat played on ESPN.

The only thing that they will listen to is money. People just have to stop going. Stop spending money there, even if you already have tickets. Don't buy season tickets any more. Reject everything to do with the organization and then you hit them in the pocketbook. That hurts much more than a talking point.

There's a ton of heat on this franchise already, and it hasn't accomplished anything yet.

They know that there is an issue, but now they know there are many others thinking it. They can now unify with people that feel the same way.

Look at it this way. I was a true fan at one point in my following of the Chiefs. Coming to CP and reading here has really opened my eyes as far as what should be expected on the field and my general knowledge of the sport has increased quite a bit. But if it weren't for me joining this site and getting multiple unbiased opinions I would still be sulking here thinking about next year. Change has occurred in the way I see sports. As more people join this movement they will become more educated as to why this movement is taking place in the first place (see the Pioli Facts and Matt Cassel's record being pumped throughout the movement).

People that join this movement will eventually see that there are more people fed up with the product on the field. They see they are not alone in their misery. This can lead to more things being done to show displeasure. People will be more inclined to voice their opinion when the majority are doing it too.

The first banner in the sky was the catalyst of all things we're seeing now. The donations, the change in local and national media coverage in regards to the Chiefs, the talks of how KC needs a new QB, etc. Almost everything shifted after that first banner flew. This could lead to people not buying season tickets and refusing to go to games (which is what will ultimately get the proper attention), but the movement is still very young. Just remember, it was all started with a banner.

BigMeatballDave 11-14-2012 07:21 AM

3 Rivers Stadium?

LOL

Easy 6 11-14-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9117702)

Perfect.

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 08:13 AM

I worry that Clark looks at the banners and thinks of Pioli's kids and family and how hard it is on them. Honestly, I'm sorry but, I can't see him giving in. I think it could be making him sympathetic to Pioli.

I really think Pioli has him snowed guys. Pioli will spin this to his favor.

BigMeatballDave 11-14-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9117808)
I worry that Clark looks at the banners and thinks of Pioli's kids and family and how hard it is on them. Honestly, I'm sorry but, I can't see him giving in. I think it could be making him sympathetic to Pioli.

I really think Pioli has him snowed guys. Pioli will spin this to his favor.

ROFL

Are you for real?

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117823)
ROFL

Are you for real?

Yes I am for real. If you don't think this is causing stress on Pioli's family, you are an idiot. Pioli will play any card he can man.