ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Has any other president faced the public disagreement Obama has? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269770)

RNR 02-06-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9383252)
I think Clinton as mocked and criticized more than Obama. Clinton was impeached and was extremely unpopular with the Right, even though he actually delivered a budget surplus that grew every year he was in office.

He was hammered true, but it was more of a DC thing. I don't recall it being so wide spread through out the country. I could be wrong, which is why I raised the question~

Brock 02-06-2013 06:27 PM

Remember when Bush was leaving Washington and the crowd was singing the na na na na goodbye song?

RNR 02-06-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9383262)
Remember when Bush was leaving Washington and the crowd was singing the na na na na goodbye song?

Once again it was a media and DC thing. Both were slammed but once again I do not recall anything this widespread~

BucEyedPea 02-06-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9383190)
Didn't he win the popular vote?

Well let's face it, there was fraud in some districts where more votes were cast than registered voter.

BucEyedPea 02-06-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9383252)
I think Clinton as mocked and criticized more than Obama. Clinton was impeached and was extremely unpopular with the Right, even though he actually delivered a budget surplus that grew every year he was in office.

Well, you do know that all revenue bills originate in the House under our Constitution right?
That could have a lot to do with that, if'n you want to believe there was a surplus of sorts.
The least you can say about Clinton, is that he had experience working with a more conservative legislature. So he was able to deal with his Republican Congress. Obama has no such experience and has never been an executive, which is frankly a leadership position.

Another reason, why I prefer a divided govt. Unfortunately Presidents get all the credit.

BucEyedPea 02-06-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9383262)

I was singin' that.

BucEyedPea 02-06-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9383246)
Black president..it ratchets up the level of racist stupidity among GOP radicals and far right nut jobs.

Wow! And I thought only women get accused of being illogical.

Radar Chief 02-06-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9383246)
Black president..it ratchets up the level of racist stupidity among GOP radicals and far right nut jobs.

He'd face the same criticism if he were pumpkin orange with chartreuse spots and you need a new act.

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9383197)
Yes he did and that has nothing to do with the question. I have never witnessed a president so openly mocked, have you?

Yes. Nearly every president ever gets lampooned by the side that doesn't like them. This is nothing new, read a history book.

RNR 02-06-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9383344)
Yes. Nearly every president ever gets lampooned by the side that doesn't like them. This is nothing new, read a history book.

You and cosmo need to get a room :rolleyes: yes all presidents do get trashed by the other side dumbass. However I have never seen one be so openly rejected by citizens, states and law enforcement~

cosmo20002 02-06-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9383272)
Well let's face it, there was fraud in some districts where more votes were cast than registered voter.

Here we go again--and without a shred of evidence (or shame), she keeps on with this.

RNR 02-06-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9383344)

I gave you some rep troll boy to get you out of the red. Lets see how long you stay green LMAO

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9383349)
You and cosmo need to get a room :rolleyes: yes all presidents do get trashed by the other side dumbass. However I have never seen one be so openly rejected by citizens, states and law enforcement~

How many presidents have you seen in your adult life? 5? 6? Get some perspective dude.

loochy 02-06-2013 07:31 PM

It's getting worse because the divide is getting worse. Neither side reaches out to the other and stances on issues are simply determined by completely opposing the other viewpoint. This country is in dire need of something to unite over, but the politicians actively work to divide the country.

BigRedChief 02-06-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9383372)
It's getting worse because the divide is getting worse. Neither side reaches out to the other and stances on issues are simply determined by completely opposing the other viewpoint. This country is in dire need of something to unite over, but the politicians actively work to divide the country.

It's the peoples fault. They vote for the hard liner. If they don't vote hard line, they get primaried and never heard from again.

Until both sides vote for moderates and compromise is no longer a firable offense......... it will stay the same.