ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2009 = 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270384)

Direckshun 02-25-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9436648)
We're not trading for Alex Smith

Yeah?

You want to put a bet on that?

How about a total self-imposed CP ban from now until the draft concludes.

If we land Alex Smith by the first week of free agency, you take the ban.

If we don't, I will.

BigMeatballDave 02-25-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9436625)
There is absolutely no positive spin on this.

This will kill fan enthusiasm. This will increase fan hostility. This will mire this team even further into merchandising obscurity.

Here, it will.

Overall, the fanbase will LOVE Alex Smith.

Direckshun 02-25-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9436649)
You're a bit of an insufferable prick, these days, Direckshun.

Right.

A new regime comes in under the exact same circumstances as the last regime, and makes the same ****ing mistake that tanked the franchise the last time around.

And I'm insufferable for hating it.

Right.

Direckshun 02-25-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9436653)
Here, it will.

Overall, the fanbase will LOVE Alex Smith.

You're wrong.

The True Fans are the Chiefs' "base." They're the people who will love you no matter what.

Everybody else is either somebody like us or a casual fan. And we'll be tuning out in droves during the Alex Smith Era.

philfree 02-25-2013 01:04 PM

Alex Smith isn't going to be a Chiefs. Why would he want to be? If we're his only option then yeah but he'll end up with other suitors. If no team pulls the trigger on a trade he'll sign with AZ when he's released. My money is on Reid drafting Geno Smith.

RealSNR 02-25-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9436656)
Right.

A new regime comes in under the exact same circumstances as the last regime, and makes the same ****ing mistake.

Right.

Yo GM dawg weres ur franchis!!!

Messier 02-25-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9436656)
Right.

A new regime comes in under the exact same circumstances as the last regime, and makes the same ****ing mistake.

Right.

When did the Chiefs release their pick at one? And they traded for Smith, and gave up a third?

Rasputin 02-25-2013 01:06 PM

**** Alex Smith Hulk Smash Alex Smith

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1de9e651.gif

Mr. Flopnuts 02-25-2013 01:07 PM

IF we somehow trot Alex Smith out there and have not drafted a QB 1st overall in the draft this year, they better hope they get off to a fast start. I don't see even a 1 year grace period working for this team under those conditions.

You simply cannot go out and put a team together based on the wishes of the fanbase. But there is an exception to every rule, and this is that exception. You cannot simply rinse and repeat what just happened over 4 years. You simply CANNOT ignore that this franchise hasn't drafted a QB in the first round in 30 years. Your diehard fans know, and they're waiting for you to right the ship.

Turning harder in the direction you've been going is suicide. Therefore I simply can't believe it will happen. We will have our Chocolate Dingdong.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9436663)
Alex Smith isn't going to be a Chiefs. Why would he want to be? If we're his only option then yeah but he'll end up with other suitors. If no team pulls the trigger on a trade he'll sign with AZ when he's released. My money is on Reid drafting Geno Smith.

Hope you are right.

Direckshun 02-25-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9436666)
When did the Chiefs release their pick at one? And they traded for Smith, and gave up a third?

Smoke, fire.

Consider this a preemptive strike, Messier.

Seriously. Follow the dots. You've been a Chiefs fan for how many years?

If your answer is anything GREATER THAN THE NUMBER FOUR, then WE KNOW THIS IS A SHIT CALL.

silver5liter 02-25-2013 01:10 PM

Wait, he just called sanchez a great qb prospect....

Direckshun 02-25-2013 01:10 PM

Joeckel.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0223...e_ol_te_04.jpg

I feel like I'm being punked by God.

WildTurkey 02-25-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9436676)
Smoke, fire.

Consider this a preemptive strike, Messier.

Seriously. Follow the dots. You've been a Chiefs fan for how many years?

If your answer is anything GREATER THAN THE NUMBER FOUR, then WE KNOW THIS IS A SHIT CALL.

There was no smoke. The niners leaked that shit to try to drum up interest in Smith. We're not trading for him. If he's a chief it'll be via free agency and I doubt he'd sign here over Arizona

mr. tegu 02-25-2013 01:11 PM

Man, we traded for Smith already? That sucks. I thought maybe it wasn't going to happen given all the reports today that no deal is done with any team and that SF was just bs-ing to up the price and get more suitors.