ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Mike & Mike: "Alex is our quarterback by the way" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305527)

pugsnotdrugs19 01-26-2017 09:10 AM

Andy Reid on Mike & Mike: "Alex is our quarterback by the way"

Don't want to read too much into the conversation but just watched Andy on M&M this morning and he made it clear that Alex was the QB. Mentioned that he could still play, was at the Pro Bowl (:rolleyes:), and can do all the things he wants his guy to do.

In essence, we can put any talk of Tony Romo, Nick Foles, or any other retread to bed. But, they did talk about college system QBs briefly (no one specific), and he said that as long as they feel like a guy can learn, it is their job to transition a college system QB and that it doesn't effect their decision on which type to take.

So, will we draft a QB? Idk, my bet is on yes since Foles is apparently gone.

Reerun_KC 01-26-2017 09:11 AM

If you're gonna fail, go full Chiefs....

TimBone 01-26-2017 09:12 AM

This is our year!

FloridaMan88 01-26-2017 09:14 AM

Too early to read anything into this IMO.

Let's wait and see how the offseason plays out.

Ebolapox 01-26-2017 09:14 AM

eh, he's gotta say that. granted, at best there's like a 5% chance we move on from alex, but... all hope isn't completely lost. hell, we thought we had trent green for a fifth year too and his career pretty much ended b/c of concussions. what did alex have two of this year? all it takes is one. concussions may do it FOR us (though obviously not something I'm hoping for, I'd prefer a clean break without his salary on our books)

Ebolapox 01-26-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 12709904)
Too early to read anything into this IMO.

Let's wait and see how the offseason plays out.

or, I could've shortened my post up to...

This.

Red Dawg 01-26-2017 09:26 AM

If Alex is on the roster in March then Andy and Dorsey have failed. They are shoving a shit QB up our ass just like Pioli and they don't care. Nobody nation wide would look at the game film and think Smith will get us anywhere. His stats suck and we didn't win because of him.

Andy would never go on tv so early in the off season and say a negative but I don't like hearing it and none of us should be happy to hear it at all.

Rausch 01-26-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12709928)
If Alex is on the roster in March then Andy and Dorsey have failed.

He's too expensive to cut and only KC is dumb enough to make that kid of QB trade...

bricks 01-26-2017 09:29 AM

I guess that means as long as Andy Reid is here, so is Alex Smith.

And Andy Reid ain't getting fired either. **** this sorry ass franchise

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-26-2017 09:32 AM

Patriots are the clear favorite this year. Outside of that, there wasn't a single team that had any or much of an advantage over this year's Chiefs team. And that's considering many of our highest paid players contributed very little playing time.

Think about that

SAUTO 01-26-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12709938)
Patriots are the clear favorite this year. Outside of that, there wasn't a single team that had any or much of an advantage over this year's Chiefs team. And that's considering many of our highest paid players contributed very little playing time.

Think about that

think about ****ing yourself

Red Dawg 01-26-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12709929)
He's too expensive to cut and only KC is dumb enough to make that kid of QB trade...

No he isn't. Give Foles his 10. Cut Smith for 7 and you have his salary but you can start a better QB that gives us a chance to put up points and win.

Dorsey will be one stupid looking GM keeping Smith. Plain old stupid.

BlackHelicopters 01-26-2017 09:36 AM

Because Chiefs

Rausch 01-26-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12709945)
No he isn't. Give Foles his 10. Cut Smith for 7 and you have his salary but you can start a better QB that gives us a chance to put up points and win.

If we were going to do that last year was the year.

King_Chief_Fan 01-26-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12709945)

Cut Foles and use the 10M on resign of key players.
Draft a QB to learn the system while Smith finishes out his contract