ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's be real....our Defense.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266550)

The_Doctor10 11-13-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan (Post 9114233)
Yes, 1-8. My bad.

Does it even matter anymore?

Oh look, someone else in this province who follows this team!

UK_Chief 11-13-2012 02:58 AM

Ok I only saw the hilites on NFL.com but it looked as if we had a pretty solid pass rush and did well against the run. Shame about the QB!

jspchief 11-13-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9113952)
That said, the defense was much more aggressive tonight than they had been under Romeo...

Don't underestimate the power of "coaching to get a job".

Crennel did the same aggressive playcalling when he took over as interim HC. I said all off season that I was concerned that the style he used to win the job wouldn't match the style he used to hold on to the job.

the Talking Can 11-13-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 9114247)

the #1 pick dance

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 9113836)

Poe really played well and Berry was back 100%.

The thing is that there is a bunch of inconsistant guys back there. Flowers will probably get raped by AJ Green and DJ will probably miss three tackles and get blown up in coverage against Cincy.

Meanwhile, Bowe will have 12 catches for 122 yards and 3 TDs.

Some of these guys played hard because it was monday night and the nation was watching. People generally work harder when people are watching them.

You can never count on our current defense to play consistantly.

Easy 6 11-13-2012 07:52 AM

The timing couldnt have been worse, but beyond that i enjoyed the display of emotion... thats the kind of verve thats been missing for a very long time.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9114616)
The timing couldnt have been worse, but beyond that i enjoyed the display of emotion... thats the kind of verve thats been missing for a very long time.

One thing I noticed was that Berry was a captain for the first time since coming back from the injury. I think it made a difference.

htismaqe 11-13-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114606)

THIS * 100.

BoneKrusher 11-13-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9114616)

it's all about bringing back Shaun Smith the guy make the defense much better, should have never left.

beach tribe 11-13-2012 08:20 AM

When this D plays the way it SHOULD, is properly coached and properly prepared, they are a good unit.
We've lost a shit ton of games and have dumbasses like blackob saying we should trade our stars, but this D has TONS of potential.
Luckily we have Matt, and Pioli's clown squad to insure we get a QB to go along with them.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9114678)
When this D plays the way it SHOULD, is properly coached and properly prepared, they are a good unit.
We've lost a shit ton of games and have dumbasses like blackob saying we should trade our stars, but this D has TONS of potential.
Luckily we have Matt, and Pioli's clown squad to insure we get a QB to go along with them.

Well, that's what we said back in 2009. Then RAC came in and things looked better in 2010. Now we are back where we were. It's not just the coaching. We have inconsistant players.

FAX 11-13-2012 08:23 AM

Berry has been a team captain since September. I sometimes get the impression that Mr. Woodsponge Chuckpants is actually unfamiliar with this team.

FAX

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9114683)
Berry has been a team captain since September. I sometimes get the impression that Mr. Woodsponge Chuckpants is actually unfamiliar with this team.

FAX

Actually, I don't think he has man. This was the first game since the injury he has been captain. I think he took Dorsey's spot.

ncCHIEFfan 11-13-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114606)
Poe really played well and Berry was back 100%.

The thing is that there is a bunch of inconsistant guys back there. Flowers will probably get raped by AJ Green and DJ will probably miss three tackles and get blown up in coverage against Cincy.

Meanwhile, Bowe will have 12 catches for 122 yards and 3 TDs.

Some of these guys played hard because it was monday night and the nation was watching. People generally work harder when people are watching them.

I think DJ still plays his hardest for T.H. even when he is OC ing the enemy.

DJ has not played that well all year. Still trying to impress big Todd

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9114692)
I think DJ still plays his hardest for T.H. even when he is OC ing the enemy.

DJ has not played that well all year. Still trying to impress big Todd

Maybe so? Or, maybe it was just Monday night. Also, I think Poe really helped DJ last night. He was paving the way all night. He had a great game.