ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seattle Seahawks fans shouting for Guinness Record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274416)

Goldmember 07-09-2013 10:03 PM

Seattle Seahawks fans shouting for Guinness Record

Offer Chiefs fans a free taco at halftime and watch them beat the record

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...uinness-record

When the Seattle Seahawks host the NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers in Week 2's "Sunday Night Football" showcase, the players will renew their increasingly bitter rivalry on the field. In the stands, fans will attempt to win their own place in the record books.

During the Sept. 15 showdown, fans at CenturyLink Field -- the loudest stadium in the NFL -- might break the Guinness World Record for "loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium."

"Volume 12," a Seahawks fan group not officially associated with the team, announced on its Facebook page that Guinness accepted the application to give the "12th Man" the opportunity to break the record.

The current record in this category of 131.76 decibels, according to SeattlePI.com, was set at the Ali Sami Yen Sport Complex Turk Telekom Arena on March 18, 2011, in Istanbul, Turkey, by fans of Turkey's Galatasaray S.K. club. (That is the other kind of football, for those not familiar.)

The Seahawks' official website documents the highest decible level at CenturyLink at 112. However, the 60,000-seat stadium holds 7,000 more fans than the current record holder.

Considering how loud Seahawks fans are without a record on the line, we'd be silly to bet against them.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-09-2013 10:14 PM

It's time to end this Seattle bullshit once and for all. All you Arrowhead Lil' Chiefy's need to get your asses back to work this year.

notorious 07-09-2013 10:17 PM

112db to 132db+

20db more?

That's only 6 times louder.

ROFL

Cannibal 07-09-2013 10:18 PM

Yeah tired of this Seattle becoming known as the loudest stadium. Hopefully, Reid and Co can bring back that Arrowhead magic and we can retake the throne.

In58men 07-09-2013 10:24 PM

I was in KC during the Monday night game against San Diego. That was by far the best crowd I've witness at any sporting event. Wonder how loud we go that night.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-09-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9802480)
Yeah tired of this Seattle becoming known as the loudest stadium. Hopefully, Reid and Co can bring back that Arrowhead magic and we can retake the throne.

They have a cheater house. They designed it to amplify noise. Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.

Demonpenz 07-09-2013 10:26 PM

Wait till Wiggins first dunk.

Johnny Vegas 07-09-2013 10:39 PM

Seattle is no joke. That stadium is ****ing unconscionable.

DementedLogic 07-09-2013 10:44 PM

I was at the Chiefs v Seahawks game in Seattle 3 years ago. Security threatened to kick me out for being too loud.

Johnny Vegas 07-09-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedLogic (Post 9802520)
I was at the Chiefs v Seahawks game in Seattle 3 years ago. Security threatened to kick me out for being too loud.

didn't the Chiefs beat the Seahawks that game? DBO had a huge game right?

A Salt Weapon 07-09-2013 11:06 PM

We went to that game too, nothing but red at the end of the game. Ass whooping! There was a lot of red for a road game.

rico 07-09-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9802526)

I think it was that game that prompted some jackass to create the infamous "Cassel Haters Should Come Eat Their Crow" thread.

dannybcaitlyn 07-10-2013 05:26 AM

Did the soccer fans use them horns to make that record?

rico 07-10-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9802656)

No, they had a seven-nation Army attempting to hold them back, but failing in the process. It was pretty crazy. They were all like, "bummmmm-bum-bum-bum-bum-bummmmmmm-bummm. bummmmm-bum-bum-bum-bum-bummmmmmm-bummm." Btw, what song is that that they were chanting? I've always wondered.....?

Dunerdr 07-10-2013 06:10 AM

Lets get it on! I mean lets be louder.

planetdoc 07-10-2013 06:27 AM

dont understand the obsession with loudness. Personally, I go to enjoy the game, not to go deaf.

generationdeaf.com/loudnessreference.html

*Around 125 decibels, roughly as loud as a firecracker, is refered to as the pain threshold. It's the point where your ear interpert the level of sound as physically painful. Prolonged exposure at this level is very dangerous.

*The average rock concert is 120 decibels. At that volume hearing damage occurs in 7.5 minutes.

*The average football stadium is 115 decibels, loud enough to cause damage in 15 minutes.

osha.gov/SLTC/noisehearingconservation
Fans are putting their own players and NFL employees at risk of hearing loss. OSHA would only allow occupational exposure to 120 dbA for 7min. @ 130 dbA that time frame drops to 1.75 minutes.

Personally, I care more about wins than loudness. Let them go deaf.

Ace Gunner 07-10-2013 07:12 AM

how many of you idiots have been to arrowhead the last ten seasons. the wimper is strong

Dunerdr 07-10-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 9802684)
dont understand the obsession with loudness. Personally, I go to enjoy the game, not to go deaf.

*Around 125 decibels, roughly as loud as a firecracker, is refered to as the pain threshold. It's the point where your ear interpert the level of sound as physically painful. Prolonged exposure at this level is very dangerous.

*The average rock concert is 120 decibels. At that volume hearing damage occurs in 7.5 minutes.

*The average football stadium is 115 decibels, loud enough to cause damage in 15 minutes.

Fans are putting their own players and NFL employees at risk of hearing loss. OSHA would only allow occupational exposure to 120 dbA for 7min. @ 130 dbA that time frame drops to 1.75 minutes.

At what decibal did your vagina get hurt? Its not that loud the entire time just here and there like 3rd down for the opposing team to screw up the snap count. No ones going deaf at arrowhead.

Dave Lane 07-10-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9802656)

No, but if you behead enough refs at the same time it's fairly easy to get the record.

ptlyon 07-10-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9802488)
I was in KC during the Monday night game against San Diego. That was by far the best crowd I've witness at any sporting event. Wonder how loud we go that night.

When McCluster rounded the corner on that punt return the place sounded like old times

ptlyon 07-10-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9802722)
how many of you idiots have been to arrowhead the last ten seasons. the wimper is strong

But pretty much this.

Simply Red 07-10-2013 08:38 AM

I'm glad to see Goldmember post.

Dartgod 07-10-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 9802749)
At what decibal did your vagina get hurt? Its not that loud the entire time just here and there like 3rd down for the opposing team to screw up the snap count. No ones going deaf at arrowhead.

Huh?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9803027)
Huh?

Clearly a dumbass, that boy.

Renegade 07-10-2013 11:01 AM

The loudest I ever experienced Arrowhead was that stupid playoff game we lost to the Colts and TG got called for PI. I think my ears were bleeding that game.

Second loudest was the Inagural Thanksgiving Night game against the Donko's. That game took me two days to recover from

Dartgod 07-10-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 9803039)
The loudest I ever experienced Arrowhead was that stupid playoff game we lost to the Colts and TG got called for PI. I think my ears were bleeding that game.

Second loudest was the Inagural Thanksgiving Night game against the Donko's. That game took me two days to recover from

I'll never forget the game where Elway was complaining about the crowd noise and the refs threatened a penalty against the Chiefs if the crowd didn't quiet down. It got even louder. Elway cries like a bitch about it and the refs gave us a delay of game penalty. It got even louder. Elway cried some more and the refs basically told him to deal with it and run a play.

What a pussy.

ReynardMuldrake 07-10-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 9802684)

**** that shit. If my ticket doesn't come with tinnitus I'm asking for a refund.

DementedLogic 07-10-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9802526)

We dominated the Seahawks that game. Bowe and Charles had huge games.

Goldmember 07-10-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9802814)
I'm glad to see Goldmember post.

Ha! I'm good for one about every 5 years or so :)

houstonwhodat 07-10-2013 11:59 AM

**** the chicken hawks.

houstonwhodat 07-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9803054)
I'll never forget the game where Elway was complaining about the crowd noise and the refs threatened a penalty against the Chiefs if the crowd didn't quiet down. It got even louder. Elway cries like a bitch about it and the refs gave us a delay of game penalty. It got even louder. Elway cried some more and the refs basically told him to deal with it and run a play.

What a pussy.

**** Elway.

Prima donna.

Never been in Arrowhead, heard it can be pretty loud.

I know the Superdome is loud as shit.

planetdoc 07-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

At what decibal did your vagina get hurt?

if unneccesary risks are what you are into, than please blow an air horn into your ears. Show everyone what a real man you are by going deaf.

Quote:

Its not that loud the entire time just here and there like 3rd down for the opposing team to screw up the snap count. No ones going deaf at arrowhead.

ascenthearingsimivalley.com/musicians-from-school-bands-to-symphonies-risk-hearing-loss/

"Last fall, Arrowhead Stadium pegged 115 decibels for an average reading. Allen Fieldhouse was at 125 decibels for the duration of the KU-Mizzou game."

Once again, only 15 minutes of exposure to 115 decibels can lead to PERMANENT hearing loss (not necessarily complete hearing loss).
------------------------------------------------------------------

Some facts from uptodate:
Hearing loss is a common chronic impairment, particularly for older adults. In the Beaver Dam cohort in the United States, the prevalence of hearing loss, defined by audiometry, increased steadily with age:

3 percent ages 21 to 34
6 percent ages 35 to 44
11 percent ages 44 to 54
25 percent ages 55 to 64
43 percent ages 65 to 84

Worldwide, estimates from the World Health Organization are that hearing loss affects 538 million people

Noise exposure — Everyday noise exposure, compounded over time, has an impact upon our ability to hear. Excessive noise can ultimately affect the degree of the presbycusis that develops. Constant exposure to loud noises can cause high frequency sensorineural hearing loss.

A short blast of loud noise also can cause severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss, pain, or hyperacusis (pain associated with loud noise). This usually involves exposure to noise greater than 120 to 155 dB. Thus, hearing protection in the form of muffs or plugs is highly recommended anytime a person is exposed to loud noise.

Rausch 07-10-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9803054)

What a pussy.

Arrowhead is nothing like it use to be but I have no doubts it'd beat the 12th man after our 1st playoff win...

Frosty 07-10-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9803171)
**** the chicken hawks.

BEAST MODE!

ptlyon 07-10-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9803176)
Arrowhead is nothing like it use to be but I have no doubts it'd beat the 12th man after our 1st playoff win...

...in 20 ****ing years

Dartgod 07-10-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 9803174)
if unneccesary risks are what you are into, than please blow an air horn into your ears. Show everyone what a real man you are by going deaf.

ascenthearingsimivalley.com/musicians-from-school-bands-to-symphonies-risk-hearing-loss/

"Last fall, Arrowhead Stadium pegged 115 decibels for an average reading. Allen Fieldhouse was at 125 decibels for the duration of the KU-Mizzou game."

Once again, only 15 minutes of exposure to 115 decibels can lead to PERMANENT hearing loss (not necessarily complete hearing loss).
------------------------------------------------------------------

Some facts from uptodate:
Hearing loss is a common chronic impairment, particularly for older adults. In the Beaver Dam cohort in the United States, the prevalence of hearing loss, defined by audiometry, increased steadily with age:

3 percent ages 21 to 34
6 percent ages 35 to 44
11 percent ages 44 to 54
25 percent ages 55 to 64
43 percent ages 65 to 84

Worldwide, estimates from the World Health Organization are that hearing loss affects 538 million people

Noise exposure — Everyday noise exposure, compounded over time, has an impact upon our ability to hear. Excessive noise can ultimately affect the degree of the presbycusis that develops. Constant exposure to loud noises can cause high frequency sensorineural hearing loss.

A short blast of loud noise also can cause severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss, pain, or hyperacusis (pain associated with loud noise). This usually involves exposure to noise greater than 120 to 155 dB. Thus, hearing protection in the form of muffs or plugs is highly recommended anytime a person is exposed to loud noise.

WHAT?!?

ReynardMuldrake 07-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 9803174)

If sandy vaginas are your thing, why don't you pour some more sand in your vagina and show everyone what a sandy vagina you have? I'll even bring the sand.

Mav 07-10-2013 12:38 PM

I hope they all splatter their spleens.

NJChiefsFan 07-10-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9802489)
They have a cheater house. They designed it to amplify noise. Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.

Yeah there is an article out there somewhere about the owner consulting experts about how to design the stadium to make the most noise without being a dome. On a side note, that is some stadium name in Turkey. Probably called ASYSCTTA for short.

Renegade 07-10-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9803176)

Playoff win pfft. Our first playoff win will come as we are a #5 or #6 seed.

Contrarian 07-10-2013 03:25 PM

I lived in Seattle for nearly 20 years and now live in Portlandia where the women have asses and the beer flows like wine. That stadium and the 12th man crap is such a joke. That city is band wagon fandom as I have ever experienced. I have been in Arrowhead when the red sea is deep and the tomahawks are flyin and I have spent many a Sunday in the Seattle Puget Sound wind bowl stadium and there is no comparison. KC kicks their ass!! They call it the 12th man but it sounds like eight fat chicks fartin in the dark. At least it did the last time the Chiefs kicked their ass!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 9803620)
I lived in Seattle for nearly 20 years and now live in Portlandia where the women have asses and the beer flows like wine. That stadium and the 12th man crap is such a joke. That city is band wagon fandom as I have ever experienced. I have been in Arrowhead when the red sea is deep and the tomahawks are flyin and I have spent many a Sunday in the Seattle Puget Sound wind bowl stadium and there is no comparison. KC kicks their ass!! They call it the 12th man but it sounds like eight fat chicks fartin in the dark. At least it did the last time the Chiefs kicked their ass!!!!

LMAO Mac-Niners must have been in the hizzle.

houstonwhodat 07-10-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 9803620)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frosty 07-10-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9803626)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Who Dat!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W0URyxkeSZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 09-16-2013 06:05 PM

I guess they set the record last night. Congrats Seahawks fan!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...oudest-stadium

Back in July, we first mentioned that the 12th man -- the name Seahawks fans go by -- would use the Week 2 matchup against the 49ers to try to break the Guinness World Record for the loudest stadium in sports history.

It didn't hurt that the Seahawks dominated the 49ers on Sunday night. During a third-quarter goal-line stand, CenturyLink Field reached 136.6 decibels, shattering the previous mark of 131.9 set by ... the 12th man just two quarters earlier.

The Seattle Times confirmed the result with Phil Robertson, a judge from Guinness.

Coming into the game, fans of Turkish soccer club Galatasaray S.K held the record of 131.76 decibels, set in March 28, 2011.

Robertson, who is more familiar with soccer venues, was impressed with Seahawks fans.

"It's a far louder, tribal kind of passion," and "the sound is more continuous," he said. "There's passionate people in soccer, but here you see veins bulging out of necks."

Less impressed, no doubt: Comedian Bill Burr, a Massachusetts native and Patriots fan, who joked last October, following Seattle's upset win over New England (and led to Richard Sherman's "U Mad Bro" Twitter meme), that the 12th man was a farce.

"Seattle, their fans annoy the f--- outta me, they really do," Burr said on his podcast (you can listen here, around the 6:10 mark, but almost all of it is NSFW). "I am so sick of them getting all this f------ credit for being this loud crowd, the 12th man. You know who the 12th man should be? Your 12th man every week should be the architect that built that stadium because they knew you guys were just average f------ fans so they had to design a symphony hall to enhance how loud your cheers are."

As Richard Sherman might suggest: Scoreboard, Bill

And in case you're wondering, Ellerbe Beckett, LMN Architects and Streeter & Associates are the architects responsible for CenturyLink Field.

notorious 09-16-2013 06:09 PM

BULL SHIT

notorious 09-16-2013 06:10 PM

The math just doesn't add up. I am sorry.

Deberg_1990 09-16-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9985206)

You know who the 12th man should be? Your 12th man every week should be the architect that built that stadium because they knew you guys were just average f------ fans so they had to design a symphony hall to enhance how loud your cheers are."

ROFL

MahiMike 09-16-2013 06:13 PM

Yeah i thought Arrowhead was loud but thats danger level

Buzz 09-16-2013 06:50 PM

They should measure it by vibration, see the glass breaking thread, when that place is rocking, it is literally rocking. In the 90' there where times when I wondered if that stadium would collapse.

Oh Snap 09-16-2013 07:52 PM

Arrowhead sits 80,000, correct? So Seattles stadium sits 67,000 max? Arrowhead should be able to break that record! Challenge accepted!

displacedinMN 09-16-2013 08:01 PM

great comments here folks!!!!

BigRedChief 09-16-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9985690)
Arrowhead sits 80,000, correct? So Seattles stadium sits 67,000 max? Arrowhead should be able to break that record! Challenge accepted!

Get on it Terrorhead returns group.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-16-2013 11:01 PM

Let's see those bundle of stickss WIN in Arrowhead.

007 09-17-2013 01:31 AM

Arrowhead won't break that record because they had the special construction advantage.

Mojo Jojo 09-17-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9985690)

It's all about the architecture...at the highest in the '90's Arrowhead was measured several times. The loudest ever recorded was I believe 119/120 range.

007 09-17-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 9986808)
It's all about the architecture...at the highest in the '90's Arrowhead was measured several times. The loudest ever recorded was I believe 119/120 range.

And that is absolutely fine. We may not be the "loudest" anymore but we will be the hardest place for visiting teams to play again.

Mojo Jojo 09-17-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9986811)
And that is absolutely fine. We may not be the "loudest" anymore but we will be the hardest place for visiting teams to play again.

This

beach tribe 09-17-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9802570)
I think it was that game that prompted some jackass to create the infamous "Cassel Haters Should Come Eat Their Crow" thread.

That was Sweet dick Willies "fully onboard!!!!" Cassel nutwashing game.

ptlyon 09-17-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 9986808)

116. It was on shirts last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-17-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9986832)
That was Sweet dick Willies "fully onboard!!!!" Cassel nutwashing game.

Bullshit.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-17-2013 09:19 AM

I think that Arrowhead could be louder if it was orchestrated as this was. You have everyone in the stadium waiting to get loud on cue for a very short period, and you will be louder than people randomly yelling.

notorious 09-17-2013 10:34 AM

So they suddenly managed to increase their output by a factor of 256.

A 24db increase is enourmous. Something fishy is going on.

whoman69 09-17-2013 11:40 AM

Loudest noise I ever heard at a football game was in 1981 UCLA vs Iowa. Mark Bortz fell on a fumble late in the game to seal the deal. It was so loud that my hearing went out for a moment. In that time it seemed like I was cut off from the rest of the world in a crowd of 60,000 people.

digger 09-17-2013 05:17 PM

With a lot of help.

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/seahawk...ise-apps-find/

Easy 6 09-17-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9802480)

THIS.

We don't need no stinking johnny come latelies trying to horn in.