ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Galaxy Note 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264202)

BWillie 11-08-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9092796)
Got the Note 2 last night. Still learning about all it can do, but I love it so far. It's on the edge of being too big, but not quite. It fits fine in my jeans pockets, and holding it is ok. I have a slim case on order, so we'll see if that adds enough bulk to be a concern. But I'm like a kid in a candy store coming from an original EVO. It's very fast, the battery is great, storage is no problem and the screen shines.

I think the battery sucks...but I am on it all the time and used to a huge extended evo battery. I may want one for the note as well. I actually like thicker phones they are much easier to hold the thicker they are. One thing iphones originally got right

Valiant 11-09-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9099894)
I think the battery sucks...but I am on it all the time and used to a huge extended evo battery. I may want one for the note as well. I actually like thicker phones they are much easier to hold the thicker they are. One thing iphones originally got right

Can anyone expand on this? How tey think the battery life is? It is suppose to be 15hours which is one of he larger ones for smartphones.

KevB 11-09-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9100848)
Can anyone expand on this? How tey think the battery life is? It is suppose to be 15hours which is one of he larger ones for smartphones.

Every review I've read, and my own personal experience, argues the battery is one of the reasons to get the phone.

In addition, if you register your phone through Samsung, they're sending 50% accessories coupon. You can buy a 2nd battery for $25 (regular price is $50).

KCFalcon59 11-09-2012 06:00 PM

I really like the S3 but am seriously thinking about going with the Note 2. We're going to BYOD at work and I think this will be my best option.

hometeam 11-09-2012 06:34 PM

A friend of mine has the note, and while yea, its cool, its novel, etc. Its the size of a ****ing house. I could never use it from a business perspective. It looks like he has an ipad glued to the side of his head

SAUTO 11-09-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9102201)
A friend of mine has the note, and while yea, its cool, its novel, etc. Its the size of a ****ing house. I could never use it from a business perspective. It looks like he has an ipad glued to the side of his head

He must just be a little guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Great Expectations 11-09-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9102232)
He must just be a little guy
Posted via Mobile Device

Is he the guy from the burger King commercials with the tiny hands?

BWillie 11-10-2012 01:44 PM

I dont know why ppl are worried about it from the standpoint of how big it looks to your ear. Who cares? If you are using a home home or cordless phone they are all still bigger than the note and nobody says that is too big

Great Expectations 11-10-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9103535)
I dont know why ppl are worried about it from the standpoint of how big it looks to your ear. Who cares? If you are using a home home or cordless phone they are all still bigger than the note and nobody says that is too big

Most of my phone use to make calls is in my truck with Blue tooth. My Phone is for text emails and internet.

candyman 02-04-2013 05:04 PM

Just got mine, all I can say is WOW. This thing made me hard when I removed it from the box. Fits fine in my pocket, dont even notice a difference between it and my galaxy nexus. I highly recommend.

The Franchise 02-04-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9378287)
Just got mine, all I can say is WOW. This thing made me hard when I removed it from the box. Fits fine in my pocket, dont even notice a difference between it and my galaxy nexus. I highly recommend.

It's ****ing awesome. I'm still finding out shit that it does.

BWillie 02-06-2013 12:31 AM

Can anybody tell me how to do split screen? I want to be able to simultaneously surf the web and have half the screen be the internet and other half be youtube, skype or something. Im told it can do this but I have no idea.

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9381672)
Can anybody tell me how to do split screen? I want to be able to simultIm told it can do this but I have no idea.

When you have the video playing you should see a square in the upper right corner, just tap it.

WilliamTheIrish 02-08-2013 12:25 PM

I have been looking. Not sure I want to do it, but I'm kinds digging this phone. For those of you that own the phone, would you be willing to tell what you paid? What carrier you're on?

I see on Amazon wireless that the price for one of these phones drops significantly from day to day. Today for Sprint people, it's 199$. Today for new Sprint customers, it's 99$. I've seen it as low 89$. The Verizon version is 149$ today.

I'm not sure I want to deal with a phone contract. So I'm hedging. Help me out.

The Franchise 02-08-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9387374)
I have been looking. Not sure I want to do it, but I'm kinds digging this phone. For those of you that own the phone, would you be willing to tell what you paid? What carrier you're on?

I see on Amazon wireless that the price for one of these phones drops significantly from day to day. Today for Sprint people, it's 199$. Today for new Sprint customers, it's 99$. I've seen it as low 89$. The Verizon version is 149$ today.

I'm not sure I want to deal with a phone contract. So I'm hedging. Help me out.

Sprint.

I paid $300 a little over a month ago.

My brother said that he just saw it at Best Buy for $200.