ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Trailer: Tom Cruise IS "Jack Reacher" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261078)

nstygma 01-06-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9246399)
Wasn't a bad flick. Less action film than it was a John Grisham style film.

decent movie. not a reacher film though, but decent. i guess that's what you get with cruise + pg13 rating.

cdcox 01-06-2013 01:56 PM

Goop popcorn movie.

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9288385)
Goop popcorn movie.

Goop popcorn is the bes.

cdcox 01-06-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9288495)
Goop popcorn is the bes.

LMAO

Molitoth 01-06-2013 03:05 PM

I enjoy movies so much more because I don't read books, yay for me. Lol

REDHOTGTO 01-06-2013 07:10 PM

liked this movie good plot and action and i dont even like going to the movies !

Deberg_1990 01-06-2013 07:34 PM

The more I think about it, the more I really loved this flick. It's a solid, fun ride. I hope there are sequels, but the box office might not justify it.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367 01-09-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9288495)
Goop popcorn is the bes.

http://youtu.be/TcBAmfRnqCk

Deberg_1990 12-09-2013 10:29 PM

Sweet. Sounds like we might get a sequel. Love this movie. Very low key and a throwback action flick.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jack...never-go-back/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions are moving ahead with a sequel to Jack Reacher, the 2012 film that starred Tom Cruise and is based on Lee Child’s bestselling novel series. A rumor went around that the studio might be trying to squeeze in a Reacher film before Mission: Impossible 5. Paramount has denied that, but I’ve learned it’s trying to fast track another installment. This one will be based on Never Go Back, which was published earlier this fall. In it, Reacher heads back to his old military base in Virginia to take a woman to dinner who is now the commanding officer. By the time he gets there, she has been arrested, and Reacher finds himself being charged with pummeling one guy and fathering a child with a woman. He can’t remember either transgression but gets to the bottom of it with cunning and sometimes brute force.

Pants 12-09-2013 10:34 PM

I was a big fan too. Movie was really well done.

Sure-Oz 12-09-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10264813)
Sweet. Sounds like we might get a sequel. Love this movie. Very low key and a throwback action flick.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jack...never-go-back/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions are moving ahead with a sequel to Jack Reacher, the 2012 film that starred Tom Cruise and is based on Lee Child’s bestselling novel series. A rumor went around that the studio might be trying to squeeze in a Reacher film before Mission: Impossible 5. Paramount has denied that, but I’ve learned it’s trying to fast track another installment. This one will be based on Never Go Back, which was published earlier this fall. In it, Reacher heads back to his old military base in Virginia to take a woman to dinner who is now the commanding officer. By the time he gets there, she has been arrested, and Reacher finds himself being charged with pummeling one guy and fathering a child with a woman. He can’t remember either transgression but gets to the bottom of it with cunning and sometimes brute force.

Good to hear, i thought it was pretty good even though Jack Reacher fans didn't like Cruise it seemed

Chief Gump 12-10-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10264950)
Good to hear, i thought it was pretty good even though Jack Reacher fans didn't like Cruise it seemed

There is a big reason for not liking Cruise. Jack Reacher was supposed to be a very large guy. Like 6'5 and 240 or something like that. That is one of his main features in the book. He is supposed to be very large and very intimidating. Not 5'7 and 180.

I always thought Dwayne Johnson would have played the perfect Jack Reacher.

007 12-10-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 10265250)
There is a big reason for not liking Cruise. Jack Reacher was supposed to be a very large guy. Like 6'5 and 240 or something like that. That is one of his main features in the book. He is supposed to be very large and very intimidating. Not 5'7 and 180.

If Tom wants a role, Tom gets the role.

Sure-Oz 12-10-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 10265250)

Gotcha...I get it now.

Anyong Bluth 12-10-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10265258)
If Tom wants a role, Tom gets the role.

I guess you could say him playing the role is a bit of a "Reach"

In all seriousness, I wasn't wowed by the trailers when they first came out, nor did I think it looked terrible- just kinda indifferent and probably just another so so action flick. I was rather surprised by how many people that I would be around when there was a promo for the movie that totally trashed it and thought the movie looked absolutely terrible?
Kinda made me question what I was missing that seemed to turn so many off.

Needless to say, I caught a chance to see it and thought it was done rather well, and think the novel fans that got up in arms by Cruise were rather silly because it wouldn't have been made without box office draw. As much as I love Dwayne Johnson, he's not at the point where he's a real solo box office draw to drive ticket sales typically alone at this point in his career.