ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Trailer: Tom Cruise IS "Jack Reacher" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261078)

DMAC 07-05-2012 03:56 PM

Watching him kick everyone's ass was HILARIOUS.

Fire Me Boy! 07-08-2012 07:05 AM

People saying a 5'6" guy couldn't kick the crap out of someone are being ridiculous. Someone that's trained to do it can absolutely kick the crap out of someone who's much larger, but untrained. You don't have to be the biggest and the strongest.

As for Cruise in the role... I haven't read the books and know nothing of Reacher, but I generally don't buy in to the author's physical description of the character unless its integral to the character. Playing the part is more about attitude, IMO.

Frazod 07-08-2012 09:29 AM

Well, I liked the car....... :spock:

WhiteWhale 07-08-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8725314)
People saying a 5'6" guy couldn't kick the crap out of someone are being ridiculous. Someone that's trained to do it can absolutely kick the crap out of someone who's much larger, but untrained. You don't have to be the biggest and the strongest.

As for Cruise in the role... I haven't read the books and know nothing of Reacher, but I generally don't buy in to the author's physical description of the character unless its integral to the character. Playing the part is more about attitude, IMO.

Frankly, I don't watch any movie that portrays Tom Cruise as a tough guy. It's a joke. Watching that munchkin 1 punch KO people left and right is so far beyond believable that it turns his action films into a comedy.

He's never been believable as a tough guy except to people who don't know what tough is. He's a primped up wimp. It radiates from him.

Bowser 07-08-2012 11:33 AM

I thought Crusie did a good job in Collateral. He came across as a pretty convincing badass in that. And a bad guy to boot.

kc rush 07-08-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

The books always talk about how physically intimidating Reacher is. His size is very much a part of the character which is why so many people are upset with the casting. But when Xenu owns the movie rights, this is what you get.

mikey23545 07-08-2012 03:46 PM

Maybe he's really playing Jack Reacharound.

mikey23545 07-08-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Know how I know you're 5'6"?

Fire Me Boy! 07-08-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8726100)
Know how I know you're 5'6"?

5'10". Sorry.

But I'm out of shape. Tom Cruise would probably kick the shit out of me.

Deberg_1990 07-08-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8726132)
5'10". Sorry.

But I'm out of shape. Tom Cruise would probably kick the shit out of me.

heh. Cruise is in Phenomenal shape for his age. Dude takes alot of crap, but he always gives 110% to every role.

vailpass 07-09-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8725432)
Frankly, I don't watch any movie that portrays Tom Cruise as a tough guy. It's a joke. Watching that munchkin 1 punch KO people left and right is so far beyond believable that it turns his action films into a comedy.

He's never been believable as a tough guy except to people who don't know what tough is. He's a primped up wimp. It radiates from him.

X2

the Talking Can 07-09-2012 12:05 PM

jack reach around in drive II: I've got a jacket too

vailpass 07-09-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Would you have gone for a 5' 6" Terminator? Conan the Barbarian? Khal Drogo?
IMHO size often matters.

Brock 07-09-2012 02:06 PM

Stallone was pretty short.

Chief Gump 07-09-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8727634)
Would you have gone for a 5' 6" Terminator? Conan the Barbarian? Khal Drogo?
IMHO size often matters.

At least that is what your wife keeps telling me... :D